TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby's on two week hold

yrrej48

I just got off the phone with the transportation company at Flat Rock. Although my car has gone through all quality checks and they have it to ship, as of yesterday the Shelby plant put all Shelby's on a two week hold. No more Shelby's released for two weeks, my car has no other vehicles to make a full load, so it is stuck. If you are expecting your car before the end of the year you may need to adjust your plans.

:banghead:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got off the phone with the transportation company at Flat Rock. Although my car has gone through all quality checks and they have it to ship, as of yesterday the Shelby plant put all Shelby's on a two week hold. No more Shelby's released for two weeks, my car has no other vehicles to make a full load, so it is stuck. If you are expecting your car before the end of the year you may need to adjust your plans.

:banghead:

Please provide the phone number for the transport company . I would like to know more & why? Without a reason, I don't beleive it because I drive interstate I-94 2 hours + each day & I always see at least one carrier with at least one Shelby GT500 hanging off the back spot each day & that includes this morning.

Please provide the phone number for the transport company . I would like to know more & why? Without a reason, I don't beleive it because I drive interstate I-94 2 hours + each day & I always see at least one carrier with at least one Shelby GT500 hanging off the back spot each day & that includes this morning.

My car has to be shipped by rail since I am 1500 miles from Flat Rock. It will not be put on a rail car unless they have 15 vehicles for a load coming this direction. I am just telling you what they told me. Believe it or not the fact is my car was built november 16 and has not left Flat Rock yet. Call ralph and ask about the two week hold.

it sucks that your car is being held up. but it is time for holiday break. you wouldn't want your car built in between office parties anyway.......

What sucks is that my car was built November 16 and is still there. It is stupid that Ford holds these cars in a different shipping area than the Mazda's and regular Mustangs. I guess that this type of planning is the reason Ford is in the shape it is.

Sorry to add to this thread of bad news......my dealer called me yesterday with the same information, all Shelby's are now listed as material hold. Yrrej48 is correct, no new production for the time being........nice!!!

Rep will let us know status tomorrow. :mad:

and if your car is built and at the loading ramp they won't ship it until they have a 15 car load and with no production these cars a sitting until more are built. they will not move the gt500's across the yard and put them in line with the regular mustangs to make a full load. i was worried that since my car was built the week before thanksgiving that thanksgiving would hold it up, hell now it is going to be after the first of the year. only ford could screw this up this bad. this is the exact reason the domestic auto industry is in its last years, they can't compete in todays world. too many layers of folks that are just drawing a paycheck and don't give a :censored: .

:rant::rant::rant: Was one a black/tungsten coupe??? Mine was built week of Nov 20th.......told last week, going thru quality checks and waiting to be shipped 4 hours away

My car was supposed to deliver on Sat.12/9. I am getting restless. If that is true, if they are on hold. Can I arrange my own shipping from Flat Rock.

at this point no. my dealer is willing to send their truck and trailer to pick it up, but at this time they say we can't. zone rep is working on more options tomorrow. got my fingers crossed. i think if your car is close enough to be trucked or if they have 15 shelbys going your direction you are ok. just depends on where you are.

:rant::rant::rant: Was one a black/tungsten coupe??? Mine was built week of Nov 20th.......told last week, going thru quality checks and waiting to be shipped 4 hours away

Not so sure you have to worry as your car is going to Canada & willbe loaded with both Mustangs & Mazdas.

If they told you it was going to be shipped keep checking each day. When they tell you it is shipped to Walkerville your laughing. Good Luck .

On a fri morning I told myself I will buy a GT500 today. After 45/50 call's the deal was made and @ 6pm she was mine.The bank found out on monday we were partners ... Not so hard.

i did it the hard way, got on a list almost two years ago and waited and waited and waited and still waiting. the only good thing is the msrp deal. so i guess it is worth the wait

My Grabber Orange/White stripe coupe was on Quality hold as well. Built on November 17th. Went for stiping on December 1st. Ive been calling Ford OPC all week and finally it was shipped to Las Vegas 2 days ago. Yippee!! Anyway, Ive been tracking it via railcar and it left Missouri yesterday with an arrival in Las Vegas scheduled on December 22nd. Cant wait!!

My Grabber Orange/White stripe coupe was on Quality hold as well. Built on November 17th. Went for stiping on December 1st. Ive been calling Ford OPC all week and finally it was shipped to Las Vegas 2 days ago. Yippee!! Anyway, Ive been tracking it via railcar and it left Missouri yesterday with an arrival in Las Vegas scheduled on December 22nd. Cant wait!!

You ordered GO also. Nice Choice. My Go was given a Vin # today.

You could say, she was conceived today. :hysterical:

It may not just be the GT500s. I have a GT convertible that was built on the 4th and is on quality hold after being reported as released from the foreign assembly plant. The VOPC voice query is still saying an ETA of next week but I don't think so because concepts is not reporting a railcar number yet. The analyst was the one who told me it was on quality hold.

i got the same basic story....mine was built and completed at both plants on Monday Dec. 11th....now it's back at the plant in a holding yard with 400 other shelby's....according to the lady at opc, they are all on "quality hold" with no further information.....

Why does'nt someone call Ralph and get the real poop on this? If my car was being built,I would.Alloy Dave should call and report out to all!!

I would love to call Ralph - what's the number? :hysterical2:

I can understand trying to keep Ralph happy and if ColdwaterHotRod or Alloy Dave would contact him, I would appreciate it.

Dave said he would call him when this came up last week.Hopefully this happens today.

I would love to call Ralph - what's the number? :hysterical2:

I can understand trying to keep Ralph happy and if ColdwaterHotRod or Alloy Dave would contact him, I would appreciate it.

I have tried & no return call yet? :cry:

Something must be Up, because I have left several messages about the hold on the cars & have asked for a status update as to what the problem is, but MUMMMMM's the word right now for some reason :ohsnap:

I have tried & no return call yet? :cry:

Something must be Up, because I have left several messages about the hold on the cars & have asked for a status update as to what the problem is, but MUMMMMM's the word right now for some reason :ohsnap:

Thanks for trying coldwater. Dave,I hope everything is going to be OK.Blackberry wireless Post.

Thanks for trying coldwater. Dave,I hope everything is going to be OK.Blackberry wireless Post.

Ralph is on vacation until after Jan 1. I am getting so many stories about mine that i don't know what to believe. I told them today that at least when i tell a lie i try to remember it so i don't have to change my story. when i called the transportation number at 10 am today they said my car had been requested to be sent back to the plant today. mine was released to be shipped on dec 6. i am hoping they have moved it to the shipping area for regular mustangs so it can be shipped. we have complained up to the regional manager and have been told it would be shipped today or tomorrow at the latest. at least that was the story at 3pm today.

just a question. has job 2 started? maybe they are holding all job 2 cars to inspect.

Update from my dealer this evening regarding the material hold on the production line shut down. (not quality hold on 400 Shelby's??) Rep was in today and said the problem is with the availability of wheels!!.....no wheels....no production. Invnetory is due in after the 1st of the year.

Update from my dealer this evening regarding the material hold on the production line shut down. (not quality hold on 400 Shelby's??) Rep was in today and said the problem is with the availability of wheels!!.....no wheels....no production. Invnetory is due in after the 1st of the year.

Ouch! Thats not good! I guess Im glad I got mine shipped last week!

Archived