TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby SGT Replacement Stripes

I went through the forum looking at and reading about all the stripe issues and am having mine redone on an SGT/BJ. I remember looking at a post where someone identified the correct font to use in cutting after market replacement stripes with the correct lettering for (Shelby GT) for the side stripes, but can't find it.

I have tried the search engine looking for the correct font used on the lettering, does anyone out there smarter than me remember the post and the correct font to use ??????

Thanks GG

I saw the thread you're referring to a while back, and saved the file for future reference.

See attached GIF...

Hey Tenntex,

This is why I like this forum so much, there is just a great deal of knowledge out here, by the way we are almost neighbors, I'm right down the road from you in T-Town.

That was exactly what I was looking for, your the man, I just could not remember where I saw it on the forum and should have down loaded it. I have down loaded and saved this file also for future use.

Thanks again.... GG

If you go the painted route (which I did) the Satin Silver Paint code is M7049A Sherwin Williams #63454

The Font for the SHELBY GT lettering is Myraid Pro Bold Italic 163 pt. (this is a standard Adobe font)

web.jpg

I had the local Fast Signs make a template for the painter.

Good Luck

Andrew

Andrew - How does the paint color compare with the original stripe color? Lighter, darker, or just right? I'm having my Chip Beck scoop done (this week hopefully) and since I'm not removing the original tape stripes (I'm fortunate in that mine still look great) I was curious if there might be to much difference in coloration which would mean some creative paint mixing!

Sam

AKA:

Andrew - How does the paint color compare with the original stripe color? Lighter, darker, or just right? I'm having my Chip Beck scoop done (this week hopefully) and since I'm not removing the original tape stripes (I'm fortunate in that mine still look great) I was curious if there might be to much difference in coloration which would mean some creative paint mixing!

Sam

AKA:

Sam I think it is really close, but since I had mine all done at the same time obvioulsy everything matches. I would have them paint something and compare.

Also we painted the hood black first and than the silver stripes on it with the black stripe down the middle being the bottom black paint, where on the original they painted the whole scoop silver and the black strip was the vinyl on top of the silver paint.

Good luck, you are gonna love the scoop

Andrew

Sam I think it is really close, but since I had mine all done at the same time obvioulsy everything matches. I would have them paint something and compare.

Also we painted the hood black first and than the silver stripes on it with the black stripe down the middle being the bottom black paint, where on the original they painted the whole scoop silver and the black strip was the vinyl on top of the silver paint.

Good luck, you are gonna love the scoop

Andrew

Thanks, I will let you know!

Sam

AKA:

Archived