TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wax on, wax off!!

OCD

The victoria wax products I ordered came in yesterday!! I got claybars, instant detail, car soap, deep cleanse cream and wax.. Also some super soft microfiber towels and a wheelbrush!!

DSC00485.JPG

So far I have gone over the Shelby with a claybar and then the deep cleanse... So far it is looking great!! I am giving my arms a rest, then I will give her a couple coats of wax and take a few pics!!

I ordered everything from a Canadian company and the transaction went really smooth... They have some cool stuff!!

http://www.eshine.ca/

Bring er on by Jim, Gotta leave the keys though!! :happy feet: :shift:

Putting the wax on with fingers and palms was pretty cool, made it easier to avoid plastic and the stripes!! I can say I have gone over every inch of exterior paint with my bare hands!!

Twice!!

Ran out of sunshine by the time I was finished though...

DSC00506.JPG

DSC00526.JPG

Thanks guys!!

Detailing is like therapy for me!! Besides, clean cars seem to run better!!

I am very happy with the Victoria wax products I tried out, I will keep using them!! Very easy to work with too... Great results!!

DSC00562.JPG

I had the opportunity to meet stacey the other night, and let me tell you his car is impeccable, looks even better in person, and his engine is equally impressive, I was almost embarrassed when we popped our hoods open....at least I know what to strive for when I detail mine...

I had the opportunity to meet stacey the other night, and let me tell you his car is impeccable, looks even better in person, and his engine is equally impressive, I was almost embarrassed when we popped our hoods open....at least I know what to strive for when I detail mine...

Hey Mark, I had a blast the other night!! It was cool when the other guy with the Shelby jioned us too!! Mini Shelby show!! :happy feet:

Looking forward to getting together again!! And Mark is being modest, his car is beautiful!! Plus with no wife or kids, I have a lot of spare time on my hands to spend on my car...

I was drooling when he opened the hood and I saw the shiney pulleys and c.a.i.!! So my car may be cleaner but his is faster!! For now, heh!! :drool:

Mark is a great guy and totally into his Shelby too!!

:happy feet:

Thanks guys!!

Detailing is like therapy for me!! Besides, clean cars seem to run better!!

I am very happy with the Victoria wax products I tried out, I will keep using them!! Very easy to work with too... Great results!!

DSC00562.JPG

Nice job and colour too... :) Thanks for sharing the link.... I ll order some.....

Putting the wax on with fingers and palms was pretty cool, made it easier to avoid plastic and the stripes!! I can say I have gone over every inch of exterior paint with my bare hands!!

Twice!!

DSC00506.JPG

DSC00526.JPG

The car looks good, but why are you avoiding the stripes?

The car looks good, but why are you avoiding the stripes?

Thank you!! I did some testing on spare strips of stripe and the wax didn't seem to harm it but it does leave a sheen on it... I like the flat look!!

I do use instant detailer on them, it works great and no shine!!

Thank you!! I did some testing on spare strips of stripe and the wax didn't seem to harm it but it does leave a sheen on it... I like the flat look!!

I do use instant detailer on them, it works great and no shine!!

That's cool. I wax my FB SS stripes but don't encounter any sheen issues myself. May I suggest that you use somesort of UV protection on them? Your ID may have UV protection properties in it, but if it doesn't then you really should consider switching to a brand that does, or use a vinyl UV protectant on them.

The vinyl stripes are prone to long term UV damage, especally the FB ones, so you want to insure that they are protected.

You may already know that, but I just thought that I would mention it just in case you didn't.

That's cool. I wax my FB SS stripes but don't encounter any sheen issues myself. May I suggest that you use somesort of UV protection on them? Your ID may have UV protection properties in it, but if it doesn't then you really should consider switching to a brand that does, or use a vinyl UV protectant on them.

The vinyl stripes are prone to long term UV damage, especally the FB ones, so you want to insure that they are protected.

You mau already know that, but I just thought that I would mention it just in case you didn't.

What do you use on your FB SS stripes?

Cheers

Brett

What do you use on your FB SS stripes?

Cheers

Brett

I personally use Smart Wax because their products have UV 40 protection in them, but most good quality waxes usually (should?) have a UV additive in it. I wouldn't use any product that doesn't.

http://www.smartwax.com/smartwax.html

As stated, I have no sheen issues after appling on the stripes, and I know that they are getting good UV protection from the sun too.

You may already know that, but I just thought that I would mention it just in case you didn't.

No, I did not know that!! Thank you very much!! I am going to look into vinyl uv protectant for sure!!

No, I did not know that!! Thank you very much!! I am going to look into vinyl uv protectant for sure!!

Glad I could help. If you still don't wish to wax your stripes, then here's a vinyl UV protectant that works quite well on them.

http://www.303products.com/shop303/index.c...-protectant.cfm

I use the following product on my headlamp covers. I don't know how well it would work on the vinyl stripes, but you could contact the manufacturer and ask. If you do, let us know what they say about that application.

http://www.plexusplasticcleaner.com/plexus.html

Good luck sir!

oooooh!!

303 Aerospace Protectant

"SPF 40 Sunscreen...For Your Stuff!"

•Unsurpassed UV-screening protection!

•Quickly and easily restores a "like-new" color, luster & gloss.

•Easy application. Just spray on & wipe dry.

•Not greasy or oily.

•Repels dust, soiling and staining. Treated surfaces stay cleaner, longer.

•Lasts 4 to 10 times longer than other products.

From what I read you can use it on plastic,vinyl and rubber... This could be really good because I don't like using the shiny spray on stuff that always leaves a film... Right now I just use instant detailer on everything, even the tires...

:happy feet:

Twice!!

DSC00506.JPG

DSC00526.JPG

Do you do the under side also :headscratch: I understand that there is a few who does

So far just the inside of the wheels and front and rear wheel wells... When I park it for the winter I will detail and paint underneath it!! I will use Grabbers as reference!!

Tough to keep the bootom really clean as I drive her every day!!

I even try and keep my 05 F 150 clean underneath!!

I personally use Smart Wax because their products have UV 40 protection in them, but most good quality waxes usually (should?) have a UV additive in it. I wouldn't use any product that doesn't.

http://www.smartwax.com/smartwax.html

As stated, I have no sheen issues after appling on the stripes, and I know that they are getting good UV protection from the sun too.

Thank you very much!!

Cheers

Brett

Archived