TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Looking for a dealer who would trade a car to my dealer....

ChrisSD

Long story short my car has serious quality issues and my dealer has offered to buy it back. Unfortunately that is not the resolution I am looking for, I want a new car just like mine:

Kona Blue coupe

Electronics Package

White Stripes

My dealer has:

White coupe

Car Cover

Grabber Blue Stripes

He has offered me this car and I do not want it, and he has no additional allocations. Are there any dealers out there who would trade the car I want to my dealer for his car, or perhaps even an allocation? His car is on the lot, ready to go.

Help!

I just went and looked at it. Guess what? It has 80% of the problems my car has! Same overtightened air filter that is ripping, same paint damage on the bumper to fender joint..

So, I feel better knowing that my car is not a unique piece of crap, but that Ford seems to have issues with the GT500 front bumper and air filter. I feel much better and I will deal with that fact that my bumper needs pulled and refinished. The white car also has the same tick my car has from behind the front driver wheel.

Long story short my car has serious quality issues and my dealer has offered to buy it back. Unfortunately that is not the resolution I am looking for, I want a new car just like mine:

Kona Blue coupe

Electronics Package

White Stripes

My dealer has:

White coupe

Car Cover

Grabber Blue Stripes

He has offered me this car and I do not want it, and he has no additional allocations. Are there any dealers out there who would trade the car I want to my dealer for his car, or perhaps even an allocation? His car is on the lot, ready to go.

Help!

Chris i did not pick up my order form Harold Ford in Sacremento it is a Kona with Silver and Shaker 1000 you might see if they still have it it showed up last week I bought one local here in Alaska.

Chris i did not pick up my order form Harold Ford in Sacremento it is a Kona with Silver and Shaker 1000 you might see if they still have it it showed up last week I bought one local here in Alaska.

The owner of Harold Ford in Sac is a good guy, true gearhead as well...we talked about Shelbys at length in Monterey during car week.

If anybody is at the point where the dealer/Ford is going to pull and repaint your bumper... This is the opportune time to talk to the paint shop about painting your stripes on the whole car... Let them keep the cost of the replacement stripes for the bumper (and the labor to install) and have them credit that to the painting of your stripes... hint, hint...

When I first ordered a car I did so through Mossy Ford. After a couple weeks they actually told me they werent sure if they would get another car so they gave me back my deposit and I ordered through another dealer. I was at work today and someone at Mossy Ford actually called me today and said they would be receiving another GT500. I told him I already bought one so was no longer interested. I didnt get the details on the car they were getting but you might wanna give them a call and see. I also unfortunately didnt even get the guys name that called me today.

When I first ordered a car I did so through Mossy Ford. After a couple weeks they actually told me they werent sure if they would get another car so they gave me back my deposit and I ordered through another dealer. I was at work today and someone at Mossy Ford actually called me today and said they would be receiving another GT500. I told him I already bought one so was no longer interested. I didnt get the details on the car they were getting but you might wanna give them a call and see. I also unfortunately didnt even get the guys name that called me today.

Is mossy still tossing ADM's? Thanks for the tip.

Not sure. When I ordered it was for MSRP but thats not saying they wont mark up a car they already have coming in

Just an update in case you haven't called but Mossy has a silver with black on showroom but has a sold paper on the dash. Looks like they picked up an extra KR since I was here 2 months ago. Now 2 black/black KRs next to each other. :)

Archived