TEAM SHELBY FORUM

RPMs float higher when shifting at 6k

03 DSG Snake

Whenever I get on the car, shifting usually around 6k rpm, I notice it has a tendency to allow the Revs to continue to climb a bit, even when I let off the gas between shifts. Is this just a by-product of the Fly By Wire?

I still can't get used to it coming from years of cable actuated Mustang throttle bodies. :headscratch:

Whenever I get on the car, shifting usually around 6k rpm, I notice it has a tendency to allow the Revs to continue to climb a bit, even when I let off the gas between shifts. Is this just a by-product of the Fly By Wire?

I still can't get used to it coming from years of cable actuated Mustang throttle bodies. :headscratch:

It's a tune issue. If you have an aftermarket tune check with your tuner. If not, bring it in to the dealership. I had the same problem with my aftermarket tune and got it resolved lickedy split. Simple fix.

It's a tune issue. If you have an aftermarket tune check with your tuner. If not, bring it in to the dealership. I had the same problem with my aftermarket tune and got it resolved lickedy split. Simple fix.

Did it for me even when stock. I think my driving doesn't mesh with the car.

Any idea what Parameters were changed in your tune to fix it?

Did it for me even when stock. I think my driving doesn't mesh with the car.

Any idea what Parameters were changed in your tune to fix it?

No idea. My tune is from Lund. I emailed him about it and he confirmed it was a quirk in the tune. He sent me a new file and it was gone. I know this issue has been posted a couple of times and people got it fixed with a tune revision.

Not sure if this is the same issue but at a car show, some folks wanted me to rev me motor while idling and I bounced it off the red line but after taking my foot off the gas, it took a couple seconds for the rpms to come down, they dropped very slowly, sorta scared me since at redline is not exactly a place you want your rpms to stick or hang ????

I have the FRPP tune with CAI

Not sure if this is the same issue but at a car show, some folks wanted me to rev me motor while idling and I bounced it off the red line but after taking my foot off the gas, it took a couple seconds for the rpms to come down, they dropped very slowly, sorta scared me since at redline is not exactly a place you want your rpms to stick or hang ????

I have the FRPP tune with CAI

Thats all in the tune. Mine used to do it too but then the tuner adjusted it. No more problem like that.

Archived