TEAM SHELBY FORUM

tire shine

09vistablue

What tire shine product do u guys use ?

I have tried meguairs hot shine, and armor all gel, both shine well but it annoyingly flicks off down the side doors and rear 1/4 panels of the car. Does any body have any suggestions of a product that shines and sticks, and doesn't flick. I don't think the design of the Good Year F1's help.....thanks for any advice/input....

I have tried meguairs hot shine, and armor all gel, both shine well but it annoyingly flicks off down the side doors and rear 1/4 panels of the car. Does any body have any suggestions of a product that shines and sticks, and doesn't flick. I don't think the design of the Good Year F1's help.....thanks for any advice/input....

See the link below, you will not have the problem. I been using this products for years.

http://www.adamspolishes.com/c-10-tires-trim.aspx

The Zaino stuff..don't have the bottle at work but it's Zsomething. It's a milky liquid that soaks into the tire leaving no residue and it shines for a long time. There is nothing to spin off and it also has anti-static properties, works really well on outside trim as well. I've had the same bottle for years...goes a really long way.

Edit:

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/mercha...oduct_Code=Z-16

12.95, that one bottle has lasted for 2 years with the car being cleaned weekly for 6 months out of each year and plenty left. So it's good for at least 60 uses. A little goes a very long way.

I use Armor All's tire foam, ever since I had my old Mustang. I'll spray each rim and then go over them with an old t-shirt, to catch any drips and excess foam, and to spread it out. It still leaves the nice "clean" look, but not too wet, and it doesn't fling everywhere.

I've used tons of shine products and although the one's that give you that insane shine are great, it's always such a chore to reclean and reapply.

I went back to a very old school kind of semi-gloss shine and it's very clean looking.

I use a scrub brush with Eagle 1 All Wheel and Tire Cleaner to scrub them down well when I wash the car, then when finishing detailing the wheel I scrub the tire down again with kerosene then wipe it off with another clean cloth. If you keep your car fairly clean, this usually takes only once every half dozen to ten washes.

The natural sheen of the tire is great and that keeps for weeks on end, and car show judges just love it as well.

I've used tons of shine products and although the one's that give you that insane shine are great, it's always such a chore to reclean and reapply.

I went back to a very old school kind of semi-gloss shine and it's very clean looking.

I use a scrub brush with Eagle 1 All Wheel and Tire Cleaner to scrub them down well when I wash the car, then when finishing detailing the wheel I scrub the tire down again with kerosene then wipe it off with another clean cloth. If you keep your car fairly clean, this usually takes only once every half dozen to ten washes.

The natural sheen of the tire is great and that keeps for weeks on end, and car show judges just love it as well.

That's a unique process - very cool! There's a difference in a clean tire that looks good and a dirty tire that looks good :)

Nothing, unless you install curb feelers and spinners at the same time.

bj

The only stuff I've found that I like with the F1's is Black Magic Titanium 'tire wet gel'. The spray was resulting in the same effect as you described in the first post.

But when I apply this gel with it's included applicator pad, the shine sticks and looks great.

Ken

• 2 weeks later...

Archived