TEAM SHELBY FORUM

could someone please tell me this is a joke?

ford4v429

edit- just saw this:

SAI is working on an entire new price structure for the GT500KR's replacement parts. There will be a press release about these changes, etc. next week sometime.

As a KR owner myself, I think other KR owners will be happy with the changes.

Have a great labor day weekend :)

thats great to hear!

this has got to be a sick joke- figured this is the place to find out

a guy hits a deer and two months later he still cant get his KR fixed...parts estimates of 24k for a hood(less pins/vents-thats 1200 more), 3300 for a splitter, 650 for one headlight,1800 for one wheel, etc...and all the crashed parts gotta be sent back? if this is true Shelby will need to go into the insurance biz, as it would be cheaper to insure a Lambo Reventon...

over 31k for a hood/bumper/fender/wheel, no structural, not including paint?

http://www.spokentorque.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1517

Looks like there is the reason I WILL DEFINITELY NOT "Super Snake" my 2010 GT500 Vert...

Sorry SAI, Looks like you've just lost a prospective customer...

The supersnake hoods are different than the KR hoods...

If I owned that car and that was happening to me, SAI would find the car sitting inside their front doors one morning when they came to work...and I wouldn't be polite about how I got it inside thier front doors either....Those prices that were quoted were ludicrous....18,000 for a hood??? WTF? Makes me wonder what happens if I wreck my SGT...what kind of hoops will I have to jump through to get new hood scoop and such...geeeezzzzz

Maybe I should be trying to sell my SGT instead of my motorcycle right now...at least the bike is paid for and I wouldn't have to worry about facing this kind of headaches down the road somewhere...

Didn't SAI assemble the KR from parts specified by Ford?

Not all of it. The hood is a custom carbon fiber piece and I thought all the discussion around the hood stated it was around $7 - $8,000, not $18K - $24K as that article states. Ditto for what MM said about the front splitter. Don't know what they'd do if you needed exhaust work as I believe there was some custom SAI shop work involved.

I dont know but some of the story is NOT true!

You can get the splitter for about $800. I dont doubt SAI would want you to send the old part back, but its not 3300!!!

MM

MM, I think it would have been best if you had checked the price before saying its not so.

The prices are correct and a downright scam at best.

Make the phone call with all your connections then come back and put the real price? I have now seen proof the pricing is correct and had a insider check it for me.

And yes all parts have to be returned before new ones will be sent. Ford Racing and Shelby Auto are both behind the outrageous pricing. Oh, did I forget to say thats dealer pricing plus his markup?

The actual price by the time its in owners hand is 4515.00

Better yet order one then post a copy of invoice. With this proof I will *not* be purchasing anything *shelby*

I'm surprised this thread is still up here.

This story is spreading across the internet and is posted on several other Mustang forums, someone at SAI needs to comment if these prices are incorrect, if SAI doesn't correct the record people can only assume the story and prices are correct.

This is costing you customers SAI, I would think you'd be concerned about it, but on the other hand, maybe you're not...

EDIT- just saw this:

SAI is working on an entire new price structure for the GT500KR's replacement parts. There will be a press release about these changes, etc. next week sometime.

As a KR owner myself, I think other KR owners will be happy with the changes.

Have a great labor day weekend :)

thats a relief...thanks RobertLane

nothing to see here...move along :)

not the same piece, at all

I pretty sure I NEVER said I could get you a splitter for 900. I said the light are 900 a piece from FORD not SAI! I also agree the splitter is an SAI piece.

If yall remember I took the CF splitter of the SS when I first got the car. I knew it would be easily broken and I didnt have the 800 bucks to replace it over and over again!

Now why would the KR splitter cost so much more than the SS splitter? This is just a guess but the SS can be bought for ANY GT500, so they are ALOT of them made. Mass produced. But the KR splitter was only made 1500 or so times. NONE are stocked! So everytime some breaks one they might have to be indivially made. Of course I dont know this. Maybe SAI have a captive customer and thinks the part is worth 4500!!!!

I was told that all this would be straighted out very SOON!

MM

I dont know about the splitter. It seems that someone else tried to get one at 4500! BUT the HOOD was ordered and SHIPPED to VEGAS by FORD!!!

SAI got each hood painted and seralized per car! THATS FACT! I saw the hoods in boxes!

I DONT have a dog in this fight! I dont own a KR. I dont work for SAI. I guess I just hope that NO ONE would be charged 24K for a hood!

If SAI is wrong I have NO problem telling them. I usually dont do it on an open forum. I email whoever I have a problem with and it gets taken car of.

MM

DING DING DING... We have a WINNER!!!!

Someone is trying to make SAI and Ford look bad!

MM

I dont know but some of the story is NOT true!

You can get the splitter for about $800. I dont doubt SAI would want you to send the old part back, but its not 3300!!!

MM

Oh yea. The Headlight is a FORD part NOT Shebly! Shelby couldnt get the part if you wanted it. They would send you to the local dealer for it

So Im call BS on this story!!!!

MM

I just looked up the HID headlight. Im assuming it has one. The price is almost 1000 a piece!!! WOW!!!

Michael, This is to remind you what you actually said. See once you say the splitter was 649.00 or at least lead people to believe that and another time you said it was 800.00. You also said you would tell Shelby Auto if a part was high price. I am curious as to when that will happen? You also said it would be settled soon?

There is no price adjustment. Its all a crock made up by Robert!

How does that make Shelby Auto look? Oh, by the way I heard thru the grapevine Robert does not even own a KR. How about he post a current pic with it in his driveway?

Michael, This is to remind you what you actually said. See once you say the splitter was 649.00 or at least lead people to believe that and another time you said it was 800.00. You also said you would tell Shelby Auto if a part was high price. I am curious as to when that will happen? You also said it would be settled soon?

How does that make Shelby Auto look? Oh, by the way I heard thru the grapevine Robert does not even own a KR. How about he post a current pic with it in his driveway?

How bout you post a pic of your car? I don't think we have seen it yet!!

Personally I am thinking like the cash machine I am and I am thinking 50k for a used KR sell the hood for 20k and have one cool car for 30k and let someone else worry about the hood in 30 years...

I am sure many of you have touched the hoods they ARE really really cool.

But doing the math, I could spend 2 months 40 hours a week and I'd bet I could make you an exact copy for 20k :hysterical:

And have a KR with a "fake" hood for 30k....HHHmmmmm

Here's an article about the price adjustment - ta da.

No, I don't own a KR - I just post that I do and everyone here at SAI plays along with it. :headscratch:

2010 SuperSnake,

I also wanted to let you know that you are only allowed one screen name on this site and I see that you have a few of them, I would ask that you pick the one that you would like to use and delete the rest or we can do it for you.

Sharon

Archived