TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT kills Vette

08SGT1977

WHEN YOU OWN BOTH LET ME KNOW, THE FACTS ARE THE FACTS MOTOR TREND IS IN IDEAL CLIMATE CONTROL THE VETTE WOULD DO IN THE 12'S IN THE SAME FIELD

Yes the facts are the facts and 13.5, according to Motor Trend and FOMOCO, in the 1/4 mile is the fact dmag. Like I said we have had this conversation a long time ago and I still see the same printed facts and you have "never" showed me anything that has changed it. So ya right....OK..............What ever makes you feel good. :) You sold your SGT right? If not what is the CSM number again? Your signature has been erased some how....hmmmmmm.

Yes the facts are the facts and 13.5, according to Motor Trend and FOMOCO, in the 1/4 mile is the fact dmag. Like I said we have had this conversation a long time ago and I still see the same printed facts and you have "never" showed me anything that has changed it. So ya right....OK..............What ever makes you feel good. :) You sold your SGT right? If not what is the CSM number again? Your signature has been erased some how....hmmmmmm.

no swedee i still have it its 2043 i have many cars the only reason i bought this one is not the performance its collectibility 2500 mi on it

and its sits next to my 00 corvette 74 corvette 04 330cic 94 mustang gt 05 magnum hemi 00 ram power wagon 67 427 corvette 69 z28

no swedee i still have it its 2043 i have many cars the only reason i bought this one is not the performance its collectibility 2500 mi on it

and its sits next to my 00 corvette 74 corvette 04 330cic 94 mustang gt 05 magnum hemi 00 ram power wagon 67 427 corvette 69 z28

Dude, that's a lot of sweet cars! I bought mine for the performance, the looks to kill, the collect-ability, automatic tranny, the history, and just the pure pleasure of driving and owning it after I had the same experience renting the GT-H convertible! Any plans to S/C? I want to do the Whipple HO 475 for the automatic transmissions but I need to finish our basement first!

Dude, that's a lot of sweet cars! I bought mine for the performance, the looks to kill, the collect-ability, automatic tranny, the history, and just the pure pleasure of driving and owning it after I had the same experience renting the GT-H convertible! Any plans to S/C? I want to do the Whipple HO 475 for the automatic transmissions but I need to finish our basement first!

i can buy a procharger here in wi for 3800 bucks and it will be about 500 horse and its polished im going to do that but fords have a cheap tranny in an auto thats what im worried about. now it might beat a corvette

Oh you shouldn't have, I mean "swedee" awwww isn't that just nice. :) NOT!

Anyway I say MEH.....13.5 1/4 mile says MotorTrend and FOMOCO, if you can't get "around" that it might be your not driving the car exactly right? And really does it matter that you have all those cars? FYI - I have had one car that is more expensive that all of your cars combined but I don't have to list it because of a debate I am having with a forum member.

Hey just like last time, lets let this one go otherwise we'll be debating until the cows come home!

Anyway I say MEH.....13.5 1/4 mile says MotorTrend and FOMOCO, if you can't get "around" that it might be your not driving the car exactly right? And really does it matter that you have all those cars? FYI - I have had one car that is more expensive that all of your cars combined but I don't have to list it because of a debate I am having with a forum member.

Hey just like last time, lets let this one go otherwise we'll be debating until the cows come home!

Swede, I agree, the GT-H is rated 13.6 in the 1/4 mile and it's auto too. I dusted the guy in the vette but he definately looked like a yuppie and not a gearhead so I am sure he got scared. (lol) Are you going to drop a blower in yours and get the power you have always wanted?

Erich

WHEN YOU OWN BOTH LET ME KNOW, THE FACTS ARE THE FACTS MOTOR TREND IS IN IDEAL CLIMATE CONTROL THE VETTE WOULD DO IN THE 12'S IN THE SAME FIELD

Motor Trend has never had anything positive to say about a Mustang of any vintage, so I wouldn't call Motor Trend "ideal". The argument of the driving ability is a very valid one. I've seen many cars with more HP and an average driver get whipped by a lower HP car with a good driver. There are some good driver's in Vettes out there, but there's a far greater number of guys who are compensating for something in them. It's obvious that you two should just agree to disagree-you are obviously a bowtie guy and this could go on forever.

Swede, I agree, the GT-H is rated 13.6 in the 1/4 mile and it's auto too. I dusted the guy in the vette but he definately looked like a yuppie and not a gearhead so I am sure he got scared. (lol) Are you going to drop a blower in yours and get the power you have always wanted?

Erich

Doubtful, Swede would have to spend some money. :hysterical:

Curious old buddy what car would that be that you owned that was worth more than all of these? Post a pic I love cars!!!

whats a douche bag does that mean its a guy in a shelby that wanted a corvette but cant afford it or some one who has to drop 10k for a supercharger to go as fast as a corvette ...in a corvette alll you have to do is push the gas down and leave it in drive see the tail lights shelby

You've just made my point more clearly than I ever could have. :)

Ken

Curious old buddy what car would that be that you owned that was worth more than all of these? Post a pic I love cars!!!

Well for one it was an inheritance, but I still owned it. And yes j*ckass it is worth many times more than "all these cars". However it is sold now to some pompous *ss like yourself......old Buddy....:)

PS: Come to think of it I still might have a pic of the "Flying Lady" on the grill though. But.....awwwww....don't have the time nor the inclination to post it or send it to you.....old buddy :)

Well for one it was an inheritance, but I still owned it. And yes j*ckass it is worth many times more than "all these cars". However it is sold now to some pompous *ss like yourself......old Buddy.... :)

PS: Come to think of it I still might have a pic of the "Flying Lady" on the grill though. But.....awwwww....don't have the time nor the inclination to post it or send it to you.....old buddy :)

That was a real turdball post.

And I think you have insulted all of our intelligence yet again SWEDE.

You need a shrink, IMHO.

I PM you my address so that you could come on over and see how unpompus I really am but alas you PM is off, toolio.

p.s. you inherited a RR and you think I am pompus, haha you slay me man. :hysterical:

edit: PM SENT!!! Cheers!

That was a real turdball post.

And I think you have insulted all of our intelligence yet again SWEDE.

You need a shrink, IMHO.

I PM you my address so that you could come on over and see how unpompus I really am but alas you PM is off, toolio.

p.s. you inherited a RR and you think I am pompus, haha you slay me man. :hysterical:

edit: PM SENT!!! Cheers!

You language on the PM you sent me ultimately tells me what type of person and class of person you really are. I will forward your email and threats to the forum moderator. Hey I love your car but you should change your ways but leave the car alone. Randy.....get a grip.

You language on the PM you sent me ultimately tells me what type of person and class of person you really are. I will forward your email and threats to the forum moderator. Hey I love your car but you should change your ways but leave the car alone. Randy.....get a grip.

Ok man you want to go public here ya go:

Again I was just mentioning that your arrogance and rudeness I doubt would be spoken to me in person...and call anytime if you want to chat...I gave you my number.

YOU WERE NEVER THREATENED WITH ANYTHING.

You have also REPEATEDLY disrespected Ford, the SGT, The GT500, SAI, Carroll, Amy, and Bud not to mention myself and other forum members since 2007.

So on behalf of everyone who probably wishes they could send you the same PM enjoy!

You can forward my pm to anyone you want a PM is just that Private, but I'd guess when you got called names as a kid after attempting to be the bully of the playground that you told your mother or a teacher as well....whatever SWEDE get a shrink. Seriously.

P.S. Sorry about the Tourettes, I have a medical condition...thanks.

One F word would have sufficed in 20/20 hindsight.

edit: For anyone new to the SWEDE experience, he had repeatedly very much so over and over and over beyond your understanding complained that the SGT was a bogus underpowered car and that all involved (Ford SAI Carroll etc...were wrong and should be accused of being dishonest about the cars performance...(he owns one however and still does, and he test drove it BEFORE he bought it....duh!).

Then he complained about the inability to get a specific S/C on the 07 cars, and also about SAI not taking the 07 SGT's back for S/C mods for a short time during which he rode SAI's butt publicly.

After they started accepting cars back for the more HP S/C mod he never did it after he complained about heavily.

And still complains about it, although less frequently.

In the past I have invited him to take a ride in my S/C'd car anytime and offered to even take him out to lunch in the car on the way back from Vegas (Post SAI S/C install) to help him make a decision what route he wanted to tke with his car...

I also invited him up to my city for lunch and the same, he responded rudely several times in a childish manner which I blew off.

After all of his complaining, he did not show up at a big Shelby gathering in our state that many of us invited him to in order to help him experience the different mods and actually meet this guy. And although he was 30 min form the gathering he did not show...as it is easier to complain on the internet than to learn something new.

I have accussed him of not knowing how to drive his SGT many times and I believe that to be true.

His many posted tough guy remarks and name calling has ended for me.

From now on I am ignoring your stupidity Swede and forget being buddies you are the rude one without class who lacks any in depth understanding of these cars and cars in general, or of their history...and I am done with your BS personally.

Thus some background and the nature of my reply.

It is not about one simple post here....I can assure you.

edit:removed the private pm that was previously posted...I am confident all who wanted tpo read it have by this point.

Personally I like dusting the 911's....especilly in the turns...haha

I actually like the 911. It has style and the name and engineering are strong, but I don't think I'd ever have another one. Maybe when the GT350 arrives I just might go that route, but since my car is paid for doing the SC @ SAI is a possibility too one day................maybe.

The 2007's and 2008's just have the best body style in my mind.

I actually like the 911. It has style and the name and engineering are strong, but I don't think I'd ever have another one. Maybe when the GT350 arrives I just might go that route, but since my car is paid for doing the SC @ SAI is a possibility too one day................maybe.

The 2007's and 2008's just have the best body style in my mind.

Me too SWEDE, I am definitely going to GT/SC but with the 475 HO Whipple for the automatic transmission models- but the car is fun as hell as it is right now. All I get is compliments everywhere I go from young and old alike. I had a guy following me real close in a Viper a few months ago in Virginia and then had another guy following me and checking out the SGT in a Maserati in downtown DC a few weeks back. I get comments or honks almost every time I go somewhere. There is something about the Shelby GT/GT-H charisma that very few other automobiles have, including Corvettes unless your talking certain, very unique Corvette year models (ie 60's split window, or late 50's model Vettes). I had an 80 or 81 Corvette back in the mid 90s and it was a nice but below average sports car but a two seater for me is not fun because I have two daughters now (not practical). I was really interested in picking up a 2002-2005 Thunderbird earlier this year but same thing, beautiful and fast car, but only a two seater. BTW, my new 2010 Mini Cooper S with JCW Tuning Kit is virtually the same horsepower (189 compared to my 81 corvette with 190 hp) in a small package. Boy times have changed for the better as far as horsepower goes. My Corvette speedo only went to 80mph and was chock full of power robbing emission controls like all cars at that time! (Thanks Jimmy Carter)

Me too SWEDE, I am definitely going to GT/SC but with the 475 HO Whipple for the automatic transmission models- but the car is fun as hell as it is right now. All I get is compliments everywhere I go from young and old alike. I had a guy following me real close in a Viper a few months ago in Virginia and then had another guy following me and checking out the SGT in a Maserati in downtown DC a few weeks back. I get comments or honks almost every time I go somewhere. There is something about the Shelby GT/GT-H charisma that very few other automobiles have, including Corvettes unless your talking certain, very unique Corvette year models (ie 60's split window, or late 50's model Vettes). I had an 80 or 81 Corvette back in the mid 90s and it was a nice but below average sports car but a two seater for me is not fun because I have two daughters now (not practical). I was really interested in picking up a 2002-2005 Thunderbird earlier this year but same thing, beautiful and fast car, but only a two seater. BTW, my new 2010 Mini Cooper S with JCW Tuning Kit is virtually the same horsepower (189 compared to my 81 corvette with 190 hp) in a small package. Boy times have changed for the better as far as horsepower goes. My Corvette speedo only went to 80mph and was chock full of power robbing emission controls like all cars at that time! (Thanks Jimmy Carter)

I have been tempted by all who have the famous GT/SC's but I just haven't done it...yet. That being said I believe these are the nicest Shelby Mustang's I think they have ever made, and I really like the SS models in the years 2007-2009. I know I have constantly griped about the HP issue in this car but in all reality I love it. So maybe one day I can join the GT/SC club and feel the power they are speaking of.

In good health-

EDITED:

Well for one it was an inheritance, but I still owned it. And yes j*ckass it is worth many times more than "all these cars". However it is sold now to some pompous *ss like yourself......old Buddy....:)

i love it when people "inherited" the RR and thn call everybody else pompus as far as your rolls barrett jackson sold one last week for $125.000 sorry if you add my cars up i know 3 of them will top that but unlike you i had tocome up with the cash

Erich

Erich - Well even after all the ugly posts I do want to answer. I want the SAI installed SC package but I am seriously on the fence about adding another $10K$ to the car even though I believe this Shelby is the nicest ever built. Like I said before, I gripe about the HP but the car and its namesake are an incredible thing to have~

Archived