TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Roush O/R Cat-back on a 2010 GT500??

2sharpie

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what about magnaflow? their system sounds nice on the gt and they've had a system for the 2010 gt500 for a while too. sorry, i keep suggesting but roush's exhaust looks weird to me. borlas and magnaflows seem bigger and probably better performance. even though i dont know too much about magnflows. and im just seeing greyhound performance has some too.

I could never put the Roush name on a Shelby. Maybe that's just me.

These 'new' Roush mufflers don't sound all that exciting to me. No different than a Borla, FRPP, Bassani, etc.

Magnaflows are the only way to go, IMO.

I could never put the Roush name on a Shelby. Maybe that's just me.

These 'new' Roush mufflers don't sound all that exciting to me. No different than a Borla, FRPP, Bassani, etc.

Magnaflows are the only way to go, IMO.

Too bad you never heard them on a Shelby. They sound great, no other manufacture sounds as good as the Roush's. They give my GT500 the sound that I was looking for. To each his own.

im with gregara--wow thats loud.Id imagine the drone would be incredible--IMHO

You're right and a torch red, 500+ HP, 10mpg rocket on wheels isn't obnoxious at all. :lol:

My opinion is that if you're going to throw money at exhaust, you ought to be netting something for that money, horsepower or sound.

The Roush/Borla/Bassani/etc sound a decibel different from the OEM mufflers to me. If you're spending hundreds of dollars on mufflers, why not get something for your money? :shift:

Ken

ive got the magnaflow muffler deletes on mine and love the sound. would think any muffler delete system will sound very similar since its just a pipe. If I had to do it over again I'd just go to a custom muffler shop and have them make me some axle-back pipes and put some tips on for about half the price of the magnaflows. The magnaflows also didn't just bolt up and fit perfect. I actually had to have a muffler shop chop the tip off the driver side pipe and weld in a piece of pipe to change the angle and keep the exhaust from pushing against the bumper.

Do you have any sound clips of your Shelby with the Roush?

Hopefully I will have clips for everyone soon...........I went today to the dealer to take pics of the rusty rear and guess what.....NO RUST AT ALL (yet) -- it was unbelievable! Since they have the lifts, and are going to have everything pretty much taken apart for my mods, they are going to hook me up and undercoat my would-soon-rust-parts. Hopefully all will be done by late Thursday or early Friday.

Hopefully I will have clips for everyone soon...........I went today to the dealer to take pics of the rusty rear and guess what.....NO RUST AT ALL (yet) -- it was unbelievable! Since they have the lifts, and are going to have everything pretty much taken apart for my mods, they are going to hook me up and undercoat my would-soon-rust-parts. Hopefully all will be done by late Thursday or early Friday.

Excited to hear that exhaust. Thanks again and congrats.

Can we get a sound clip please!!! ;)

I will have one tomorrow. Just got the call at 5 that my car is done, but I wouldnt be able to go get it, bring it home, and be at work on time. Theyre keeping it on the lift overnight........I'm picking it up at 8 in the morning. I'll post as soon as I get a bit of sleep :baby: I already have the stock clip ready for the before/after video.

Sounds nice bro! thanks for the links...Damn OH and VA weather sucks huh?

Yea,,,,,,,got it from the dealer this morning and pulled into the garage seconds before the rain!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I had the biggest damn smile driving home..................I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HERE ARE THE LINKS..............................

So, I have a few questions: Are your CAT's still retained and in place? And is this a "muffler-delete" exhaust?

I'm worries about being able to pass NJ inspection, they are total hard-asses here in NJ, they will look under the car with mirrors to see if your CAT's are there...

What did that system set you back? Did you install yourself?

Thanks,

Neil

So, I have a few questions: Are your CAT's still retained and in place? And is this a "muffler-delete" exhaust?

I'm worries about being able to pass NJ inspection, they are total hard-asses here in NJ, they will look under the car with mirrors to see if your CAT's are there...

What did that system set you back? Did you install yourself?

Thanks,

Neil

It's a muffler delete-system. Came with the axle back exhaust AND new mid-pipes (much smoother mandrel bends than the stock)...and is attached after the cats(which are retained and still in place) so inspection will be no problem. The dealer installed it for me, since I wanted my initial mods done before I took the car home. I ordered it from Late Model Restoration.......was $585/ $30 shipping (same as from Roush but shipping from Roush was $65. And it ended up being drop shipped directly from Roush anyway.

Here is the exact systme from Roush................

http://store.roushperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=1187

It's a muffler delete-system. Came with the axle back exhaust AND new mid-pipes (much smoother mandrel bends than the stock)...and is attached after the cats(which are retained and still in place) so inspection will be no problem. The dealer installed it for me, since I wanted my initial mods done before I took the car home. I ordered it from Late Model Restoration.......was $585/ $30 shipping (same as from Roush but shipping from Roush was $65. And it ended up being drop shipped directly from Roush anyway.

Here is the exact systme from Roush................

http://store.roushperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=1187

Sounds Awesome Sharpie and the car looks great... at least the back. I've been looking at this set-up for a while, but my only concern is drone. You probably havn't had a chance to really get the feel for the sound because of the bad wheather, but have you noticed as drone? Some say none... while others say a lot. Thanks

Sounds Awesome Sharpie and the car looks great... at least the back. I've been looking at this set-up for a while, but my only concern is drone. You probably havn't had a chance to really get the feel for the sound because of the bad wheather, but have you noticed as drone? Some say none... while others say a lot. Thanks

Only driven it 38 miles so far, and there is the typical small amount of drone around 2100 or so (that you even hear with the stock exhaust), so I would say pretty much no drone (or extra drone). And the burbling and new sound easily outweighs any negativity.......it isn't overbearing, annoying or anything else. I would never keep the stock exhaust (although it sounds VERY good) in place of this Roush.........I am just that DAMN happy with the sound of it!!!!!!!!!

Hi Chris,

Glad you like your Shelby, looks good. I told you that the sound of the Roush's was great. I believe the only color that they sound good on is Sterling Gray. Have fun with her. I find that its a pleasure to drive any chance that I get and I enjoy going to work now because I get to drive it.

Have you all heard the new Roush O/R exhaust for the 2010's?? I know it would be pretty sacreligious against all things Shelby to put something on that has "Roush" embossed on the tips, but I think it may be best cat-back sounding muffler deletes out there.

Here is a clip on a GT..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2amfNTboqk

That setup looks nice (4" tips, I guess). What is the difference between the Roush system and the Magnaflow/SLP muff delete system? I noticed that you said that there is very little drone (@2100 rpm)?! I thought that the muffler is needed for sound deadening and DRONE...I love the sound from your vids. I just can't get that there won't be serious drone without mufflers...Educate me, I admit, I am not the most educated on our cars yet.

How would you compare this sound with the Borla/FRPP stinger setup?

Scott

I'd like to hear the Roush exhaust with the car outside like the stock video. In the garage is somewhat unfair as it creates more noise being enclosed.

I agree.......I thought of that after I took the video and listened to it. I will get a better clip this week and some pics after its cleaned up.

Chris

Archived