TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Roush O/R Cat-back on a 2010 GT500??

2sharpie

Have you all heard the new Roush O/R exhaust for the 2010's?? I know it would be pretty sacreligious against all things Shelby to put something on that has "Roush" embossed on the tips, but I think it may be best cat-back sounding muffler deletes out there.

Here is a clip on a GT..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2amfNTboqk

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since I'm a bit of a rebel I'll put it out there and chime in- :dance:

I like it!!!

Sounds just like the Roush off roads I installed on the wifes 2006- put her's maybe a little better thanks to the FRPP headers and MRT catted h-pipe.

If you want friends here lean towards the KR muffs

Since I'm a bit of a rebel I'll put it out there and chime in- :dance:

I like it!!!

Sounds just like the Roush off roads I installed on the wifes 2006- put her's maybe a little better thanks to the FRPP headers and MRT catted h-pipe.

If you want friends here lean towards the KR muffs

A bunch of us are leaning towards the KR's for the '10s, but the 3.5" tips aren't gonna cut it for us.

their site talks about how it attaches to the stock midpipes but the pictures and installation instructions say it includes new midpipes. wonder which it is :headscratch:

Attaches to the stock midpipes...good thing, since I'll be keeping the rest of the exhaust stock until I buy my AR LT's and x-pipe.

• 2 weeks later...

Just installed the Roush system Part # 420025 on my Shelby and the sound is unbelievably. They will now know that you are driving a Shelby just by the sound. Brought them from NorthCoast Performance out of New York for $565 shipped. Also dagostinoracing.com has them at a good price. My wife even help me with the installation so they are easy to exchange and took only about an hour to change on a lift.

A bunch of us are leaning towards the KR's for the '10s, but the 3.5" tips aren't gonna cut it for us.

FYI the 08-09 KR mufflers are almost the same as the stock 2010. You all really need to hear them side by side. The reason people liked them so much on the 07-09 GT500 is because they were REALLY quite stock.

Just installed the Roush system Part # 420025 on my Shelby and the sound is unbelievably. They will now know that you are driving a Shelby just by the sound. Brought them from NorthCoast Performance out of New York for $565 shipped. Also dagostinoracing.com has them at a good price. My wife even help me with the installation so they are easy to exchange and took only about an hour to change on a lift.

Are the tips 4"?

Do you think that it will sound the same as the youtube video with the regular GT? That is a regular mustang GT right? I do not believe it is a GT500...it does sound damn good though

I'm sure it will be a bit louder/more aggressive than the video on youtube (and yes, it's a GT..the guy posted additional videos of him in the drivers seat).....but ask jsdeweyusmc, as he already installed his. Mine wont be done until this weekend. I will post videos as soon as it is done.

I might have to give this a serious look. If I could get it without the Roush stamped on it I'd probably already have it on order. Then again I do have the Roush UCA already, just nobody can see it. :)

I had thought about the "Roush" stamp too before I bought it, but once I opened it up, it really isnt that noticable. And since pretty much everyone else has their name stamped in their tips, I didn't think twice. And it looks/sounds too damn good to pass it up!!

I had thought about the "Roush" stamp too before I bought it, but once I opened it up, it really isnt that noticable. And since pretty much everyone else has their name stamped in their tips, I didn't think twice. And it looks/sounds too damn good to pass it up!!

Any drone?

I'll hopefully be able to let you know by Saturday...unless jsdeweyusmc can chime in.

You cannot see the roush writing on the tips all that much. The sound of the pipes now is really hard to describe. When you down shift you can really feel it come out. If you are looking for something louder then the stock pipes, these are for you. When you are in 6th gear you can hardly hear them. I will take a picture tomorrow and post it. I did install a set of Corsa when I first got my Shelby but they sounded like a dead pussy cat. Glad I installed the Roushes. They do have the rolled tips and look alot better then the stock. I am keeping the old stock pipes. If no notice you before they will now when they hear your exhaust with the Roushes installed. They do sound better on the Shelby's then on the GT's. Hope this helps you in selecting your exhaust.

You cannot see the roush writing on the tips all that much. The sound of the pipes now is really hard to describe. When you down shift you can really feel it come out. If you are looking for something louder then the stock pipes, these are for you. When you are in 6th gear you can hardly hear them. I will take a picture tomorrow and post it. I did install a set of Corsa when I first got my Shelby but they sounded like a dead pussy cat. Glad I installed the Roushes. They do have the rolled tips and look alot better then the stock. I am keeping the old stock pipes. If no notice you before they will now when they hear your exhaust with the Roushes installed. They do sound better on the Shelby's then on the GT's. Hope this helps you in selecting your exhaust.

Have you noticed any drone when you have the top and windows up?

what about borla? they've had a system out for a while with an x

The Borla sounds okay to me.....I just felt it was kind of deep and too muted..just not "aggressive" enough.. There is no other sound to describe these Roush kits.........UFB!! Reminds me of the old muscle cars that could make people crap their pants when you drive by them!!!

If its not too much trouble please post a video for us to hear your new exhaust. This is the sytem I want but have been waiting to hear it on a 2010 Shelby.

Will do.....already have my camcorder and digital camera charged!!! Hopefully will be able to get it done and posted by Friday night.

Will do.....already have my camcorder and digital camera charged!!! Hopefully will be able to get it done and posted by Friday night.

Thanks. I was on another mustang forum and watched the GT with this exhaust and it sounded bad a$%. I then found your thread and have been waiting for your thoughts.

what about magnaflow? their system sounds nice on the gt and they've had a system for the 2010 gt500 for a while too. sorry, i keep suggesting but roush's exhaust looks weird to me. borlas and magnaflows seem bigger and probably better performance. even though i dont know too much about magnflows. and im just seeing greyhound performance has some too.

Archived