TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Do You Live In Phoenix, AZ ??????

Glenn Greenwell

Hi all,

By now everyone knows my first run at a SGT/BJ crashed and burned in Arizona due to removal of the red stripe package and some with holding of the correct description of the car I was going to buy in Chandler, AZ. My money was returned today Fed Ex.

There are three BJs at Sanderson Ford in Phoenix, AZ. Based on looking at the pictures and them being on the ground for about 500 days, it is impossible to tell without a close up look.

If anyone lives close and could drop by without going to a great deal of trouble and give it a true Shelby eyeball, I would appreciate it. The pictures I got did not show any real detail on the car. The odometer shows under 50 miles, by the way the salesman states the stripes have been changed out on the car twice. I spoke to a source who looked at the car history and it shows no stripe change out, I suppose it is possible they used a local vendor to replace the stripes, but I thought they only came from Shelby through Ford.

If you can help, I would appreciate it. Thanks to ScottyCobra and AwakeinAz and Steve for their help and guidance. The search goes on, the one on autotrader was a BJ/SC and they wanted $105,000, some kind of 1 of 3 deal, forgot who sent me that tip, I did call, that was why no price was listed. Drop me an e-mail Greenwell@txkusa.org

GG

I live in Gilbert AZ, about 45 mins from Sandersons. I work in Scottsdale which puts me only 20 mins away from them. I've known some of the people that work there for years and will tell you straight up that they are a class act. I've been in the auto industry for just shy of 30yrs and am a new car sales manager at a Lexus dealer. Before any trash talking about car dealers, please understand that there are a few of us with very good reps. Sanderson Ford is one of the dealers you can trust. Scottsdale Lexus is another. Pioneer Ford in the west valley is certainly another. If you would like my help I'd be glad to do so.

I live in Gilbert AZ, about 45 mins from Sandersons. I work in Scottsdale which puts me only 20 mins away from them. I've known some of the people that work there for years and will tell you straight up that they are a class act. I've been in the auto industry for just shy of 30yrs and am a new car sales manager at a Lexus dealer. Before any trash talking about car dealers, please understand that there are a few of us with very good reps. Sanderson Ford is one of the dealers you can trust. Scottsdale Lexus is another. Pioneer Ford in the west valley is certainly another. If you would like my help I'd be glad to do so.

That would be great and thank you for the offer, there are two standards with NAV that are SGT/BJ at Sanderson. I am simply asking for help from a forum member in the area that has time to take a look at both of these cars. I know this company has been in the business for many years. The cars have been on the ground for a long long time and the weather has been extremely hot out there.

If you could get me a heads up on the cars especially the paint, interior, and stripes/hood scoop, special badging and if the convertable top is soiled, it would be great, it's impossible to get a cheap flight on Southwest to Phoenix at the last minute.

Thank you for the offer. As I have said there is a great deal of knowledge from Forum members on this sight and I would like to tap into it. My e-mail is Greenwell@txkusa.org

GG

Hi all,

By now everyone knows my first run at a SGT/BJ crashed and burned in Arizona due to removal of the red stripe package and some with holding of the correct description of the car I was going to buy in Chandler, AZ. My money was returned today Fed Ex.

There are three BJs at Sanderson Ford in Phoenix, AZ. Based on looking at the pictures and them being on the ground for about 500 days, it is impossible to tell without a close up look.

If anyone lives close and could drop by without going to a great deal of trouble and give it a true Shelby eyeball, I would appreciate it. The pictures I got did not show any real detail on the car. The odometer shows under 50 miles, by the way the salesman states the stripes have been changed out on the car twice. I spoke to a source who looked at the car history and it shows no stripe change out, I suppose it is possible they used a local vendor to replace the stripes, but I thought they only came from Shelby through Ford.

If you can help, I would appreciate it. Thanks to ScottyCobra and AwakeinAz and Steve for their help and guidance. The search goes on, the one on autotrader was a BJ/SC and they wanted $105,000, some kind of 1 of 3 deal, forgot who sent me that tip, I did call, that was why no price was listed. Drop me an e-mail Greenwell@txkusa.org

GG

Someone has a BJ SGT?SC on autotrader for $105K? Bad drugs. I was figuring I'd do good to get $40K. :) (about 1/2 what I have in it).

There is one thing about the stripes on these survivor cars you ahve to remember - they have been stored outside in 105*F+ temps since roughly Jan/Feb 2008. The sun will beat the c**p out of any vinyl stripe in that environment. But if you buy it new you have a warranty that will guarantee they will be put back in shape for you. Like I said in the other topics, my worry would be about the interior - dash seats etc. If you're lucky they ordered them with heavy smoked glass and if so you're probably OK. Mine were not but I snatched them from SAI directly to my house when they were done.

Last I heard there were three BJ SGT supercharged cars, my two and one other that belonged to someone, and one in the pipe for a collector. THre may be others but they would be rare. Can you send me the link? I'd like to get a snap just for my file.

A SGT is a very fun car, no matter what color, but I just fell in love with the black/red color (independent of the BJ connection)

Keep up the search and I hope that our team member here can help you.

Someone has a BJ SGT?SC on autotrader for $105K? Bad drugs. I was figuring I'd do good to get $40K. :) (about 1/2 what I have in it).

There is one thing about the stripes on these survivor cars you ahve to remember - they have been stored outside in 105*F+ temps since roughly Jan/Feb 2008. The sun will beat the c**p out of any vinyl stripe in that environment. But if you buy it new you have a warranty that will guarantee they will be put back in shape for you. Like I said in the other topics, my worry would be about the interior - dash seats etc. If you're lucky they ordered them with heavy smoked glass and if so you're probably OK. Mine were not but I snatched them from SAI directly to my house when they were done.

Last I heard there were three BJ SGT supercharged cars, my two and one other that belonged to someone, and one in the pipe for a collector. THre may be others but they would be rare. Can you send me the link? I'd like to get a snap just for my file.

A SGT is a very fun car, no matter what color, but I just fell in love with the black/red color (independent of the BJ connection)

Keep up the search and I hope that our team member here can help you.

P.S. I'm not going to be able to watch these and with over 400+ new topics today, I'm likely to miss any thing so PM me :)

P.S. I'm not going to be able to watch these and with over 400+ new topics today, I'm likely to miss any thing so PM me :)

There is one on autotrader.com they wanted $105,000 for it in WY I believe. He was a collector and had bought this one for around 170.00 and was just trying to get his money back. The price was not posted but is suppose to be absolutely cherry.

GG

There is one on autotrader.com they wanted $105,00 foir in WY I believe. He was a collector and had bought this one for around 170.00 and was just trying to get his money back. The price was not posted but is suppose to be absolutely cherry.

GG

Can you post the link? This very well could be my other car (that we donated for the CSCF at the BJ auction last January.) (It is the one if it is CSM2228) But wait, it was a 5-speed. Maybe not.

Just curious... I like to keep up on where my children are. :)

Can you post the link? This very well could be my other car (that we donated for the CSCF at the BJ auction last January.) (It is the one if it is CSM2228) But wait, it was a 5-speed. Maybe not.

Just curious... I like to keep up on where my children are. :)

Tony,

Just a note, I think this is your other car. When I called Wolf Motors, I believe they said the car was bought at auction for $170,000 by a man that had a special needs child and was one of three that were BJ/SC with a specific type of super charger. He was now trying to get what it was worth @ $105,000 and was on consignment if I remember the story correctly.

It was signed by Carroll Shelby and came through the auction at Barrett Jackson, still on autotrader.com search Barrett Jackson Mustang GT Convertable and it will pull it up.

Check out my other post and signature change, you won't believe what I am going to drop on everyone.

Cheers, GG

Tony,

Just a note, I think this is your other car. When I called Wolf Motors, I believe they said the car was bought at auction for $170,000 by a man that had a special needs child and was one of three that were BJ/SC with a specific type of super charger. He was now trying to get what it was worth @ $105,000 and was on consignment if I remember the story correctly.

It was signed by Carroll Shelby and came through the auction at Barrett Jackson, still on autotrader.com search Barrett Jackson Mustang GT Convertable and it will pull it up.

Check out my other post and signature change, you won't believe what I am going to drop on everyone.

Cheers, GG

My car sold for $72K in January. It was a BJ SGT convertible with 5 speed. It definitely had a Kenne Bell Supercharger installed, one of three at the time (this one, the one I have, and one other - there may be more now). If you can find the link I could easily tell. The guy was from the area around Jackson, WY. It was signed by CS in addition to Steve Davis, Craig Jackson and Amy Boylan.

Tony,

Cheers, GG

So it also looks like you went with the other car with the warranty to put it back the way it should be. Good! Try to convince them to paint the stripes on as a consolation prize - or split it with you.

So it also looks like you went with the other car with the warranty to put it back the way it should be. Good! Try to convince them to paint the stripes on as a consolation prize - or split it with you.

Tony here is the info on the car from autotrader.com The VIN is 1ZVHT85H585153105

Was this your car, it's at Wolf Dodge in Wyoming....

Seller's Description and Comments

2008 Shelby GT/SC Barrett-Jackson Edition Convertible!! Only 28- 5 Speeds Convertibles made, of these 28 only 3 are Supercharged and this is the only one made with Kenna Bell Super Charged!! One of Kind!!!!!! Call Today @ 307-732-2886 *** Alloy Wheels, V-Spoke 168,Air Conditioning,Cruise Control,Map/Courtesy Lights,6 Disc CD Changer,Power Steering,Power Brakes,Power Door Locks,Power Windows,Gauge Cluster,Clock,Trip Odometer,Tachometer,Tilt Steering Wheel,Interval Wipers,Rear Defroster,Console,Carpeting,Day/Night Lever,Front Bucket Seats,Reclining Seats,Accent Stripes,Digital Instruments,Power Convertible Top,Leather Upholstery,Driver Side Remote Mirror,AM/FM Stereo Radio,Keyless Entry,Compact Disc Player,Dual Air Bags,Body Side Moldings,Center Arm Rest,Power Drivers Seat,Anti-Lock Braking System,Dual Sport Mirrors,Vanity Mirror

GG

Tony here is the info on the car from autotrader.com The VIN is 1ZVHT85H585153105

Was this your car, it's at Wolf Dodge in Wyoming....

Seller's Description and Comments

2008 Shelby GT/SC Barrett-Jackson Edition Convertible!! Only 28- 5 Speeds Convertibles made, of these 28 only 3 are Supercharged and this is the only one made with Kenna Bell Super Charged!! One of Kind!!!!!! Call Today @ 307-732-2886 *** Alloy Wheels, V-Spoke 168,Air Conditioning,Cruise Control,Map/Courtesy Lights,6 Disc CD Changer,Power Steering,Power Brakes,Power Door Locks,Power Windows,Gauge Cluster,Clock,Trip Odometer,Tachometer,Tilt Steering Wheel,Interval Wipers,Rear Defroster,Console,Carpeting,Day/Night Lever,Front Bucket Seats,Reclining Seats,Accent Stripes,Digital Instruments,Power Convertible Top,Leather Upholstery,Driver Side Remote Mirror,AM/FM Stereo Radio,Keyless Entry,Compact Disc Player,Dual Air Bags,Body Side Moldings,Center Arm Rest,Power Drivers Seat,Anti-Lock Braking System,Dual Sport Mirrors,Vanity Mirror

GG

153105 was my car that was auctioned in January at the BJ auction with proceeds to the Carroll Shelby Foundation.

It is incorrect that it is one of a kind. My 153106 was either first or second, and 153105 was done days before it went to the auction.

Edit: Well, OK, if you go into the 5-speed realm, I think it might have been then. I think this "Marti Report" style of fame is sort of funny.... I'd bet my Dodge Truck is the one of a kind Dodge, silver, 5.7L, quad cab, bed liner with a microfiber towel sitting on the floor. :)

It is definitely the one. In the picture of the interior you can see the edge of the air bag cover panel with the signatures - Carroll on top and Craig at the bottom left.

At only 614 miles he didn't drive it much. It had maybe 500-600 on it - I drove it for the pictures for the auction and then Steve drove it from Vegas to Phoenix.

At least I know where my other twin went :)

It is definitely the one. In the picture of the interior you can see the edge of the air bag cover panel with the signatures - Carroll on top and Craig at the bottom left.

At only 614 miles he didn't drive it much. It had maybe 500-600 on it - I drove it for the pictures for the auction and then Steve drove it from Vegas to Phoenix.

At least I know where my other twin went :)

WooHoo!!!!

Tony I was going to ask you when you were out here if you knew where your car had gone. Now we know.

I had hoped the free Team Shelby membership along with all that other stuff would have gotten the buyer to come visit us on the forums.

Well maybe we will have beeter luck with the next buyer.

Steve

In some way it is a one of a kind. I don't know of any other B-J cars that have that extra "ink" in the trunk along with a pretty much photo history of it's two visits to SAI. You can also add in that the car kind of went thru Carroll Shelby's hands although it was thru the Shelby foundation.

Steve

In some way it is a one of a kind. I don't know of any other B-J cars that have that extra "ink" in the trunk along with a pretty much photo history of it's two visits to SAI. You can also add in that the car kind of went thru Carroll Shelby's hands although it was thru the Shelby foundation.

Steve

I didn't think of that. The extra treatment from Bud and all of his team did truly make it one of a kind. I'm surprised the dealer didn't have that in their package.

Archived