TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone have clear bra installed yet?

RRsaleen06

I have called several local places to install a 3M clear bra, and 2 places flat out refused, and one wants 900.00 to do it completely custom. I am told their is no pattern for our cars yet. I guess if there is a precut pattern available it is much easier to install and cheaper for us. I wonder how long it will be before 3M designs a clear bra pattern for our cars, as my car is black and need to get it installed soon to protect my front end. I had one on my 2006 saleen and it was well worth the money.

wow...$900. I'm not going to have one installed on my car...I'm staying off the major highways and I always stay way back of people when traveling at over 40MPH. So far I've been good with no chips.

My older car took a beating on the front end. I vowed that I'm not going to have the Shelby looking like a teenagers face full of acne in a years time! hehe. Careful driving. :shift:

wow...$900. I'm not going to have one installed on my car...I'm staying off the major highways and I always stay way back of people when traveling at over 40MPH. So far I've been good with no chips.

My older car took a beating on the front end. I vowed that I'm not going to have the Shelby looking like a teenagers face full of acne in a years time! hehe. Careful driving. :shift:

Yeah...me too....thought about the clear bra, but opted out....I just don't tailgate...and stay off of highways with construction going on.....2,000 miles....so far, so good

Yeah...me too....thought about the clear bra, but opted out....I just don't tailgate...and stay off of highways with construction going on.....2,000 miles....so far, so good

WHAT ?!?! that statement makes no sense :headscratch: (or nonsense) whatsoever....like you can actually control what happens on the road....cars merging from side roads, cars changing lanes in front of you, and imagine, cars coming towards you on a two lane ...

Best $1000 I spent protecting the front of my BLACK car, this also included the windshield pillars and header, and on top of the back of the bumper, for loading and unloading of trunk...

Think about it, you've spent 50k or more by the time you're done modding and other accesories.

Hey its your money, just my two cents

I have called several local places to install a 3M clear bra, and 2 places flat out refused, and one wants 900.00 to do it completely custom. I am told their is no pattern for our cars yet. I guess if there is a precut pattern available it is much easier to install and cheaper for us. I wonder how long it will be before 3M designs a clear bra pattern for our cars, as my car is black and need to get it installed soon to protect my front end. I had one on my 2006 saleen and it was well worth the money.

Amen brother, I'm having the same problem. I really want to get the clear bra on. No patterns at this time. I've been working on getting this done for a couple months. I got an email from my installer a couple weeks ago that said patterns were available for 2010 GT (the GT was not avail. a couple mo ago). He said we are getting closer. He said he was calling his regional sales rep. Lastly, he mentioned it's a supply and demand issue. They will come out eventually, but the more people that ask for them the quicker they will be made.

WHAT ?!?! that statement makes no sense :headscratch: (or nonsense) whatsoever....like you can actually control what happens on the road....cars merging from side roads, cars changing lanes in front of you, and imagine, cars coming towards you on a two lane ...

I think we were just saying that we are driving carefully to hopefully avoid accumulating chips and such. Of course we can't control other people in cars...but we can make a conscious effort to protect our car in a different way than the clear bra while driving. :yup:

Two words.........DO IT. I picked up a new 09 a month ago and this was one of the first things that I had done to it. I work at a Lexus dealership and my guy did it for $380 which is our internal cost so $900 sounds a bit steep. The work is impecable and you really have to look to see it. Having had black cars before it was a no brainer for me. My black beauty is protected and will look nice for years to come. Here in AZ we have a lot of sand and small pebbles on our roadways that are just flat unavoidable. And yes, I too keep a ton of distance from vehicles in front of me. Best money you can spend to keep a $50k car looking sharp for years, especially black ones.

Archived