TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Loose seat upholstery

melissa809

Hey everyone....my backseat has loose upholstery on the underside...the dealer saw it and said no problem...under warranty.....they say they will have to send it out to an upholstery shop....during the week...where I replied that I work during the week and will NOT leave the car overnight...so...he said for me to call him Monday, see what he can do

My question to you guys is.....should I go ahead and let the upholsterer fix it....under warranty..should I just leave it...(my brother who has an '07 says ..so what...)...OR should I just fix it myself...i.e. am I being too anal about letting someone else work on my car?..I'm sure it's an easy fix...remove the back seat and staple the loose upholstery back in place

Thanks in advance

Melissa

Hi Melissa!!

You could fix it yourself or just take the back seat in... If it just needs some staples it would probably be less hassle to fix it yourself!!

:happy feet:

Yeah....that's what I was thinking...plus I live in NY and the dealer is in NJ...lol...PLUS...now I'm seriously considering that Team Shelby interior upgrade for the car.....so I may just leave the back seat as is...lol.....want to hit some gt500 car shows in my area ...maybe I will get to see the Team Shelby interior there.....in person...

Yeah....that's what I was thinking...plus I live in NY and the dealer is in NJ...lol...PLUS...now I'm seriously considering that Team Shelby interior upgrade for the car.....so I may just leave the back seat as is...lol.....want to hit some gt500 car shows in my area ...maybe I will get to see the Team Shelby interior there.....in person...

Melissa,

I have the Shelby inerior upgrade in my Shelby GT and just ordered it for my GT 500., it is awesome. I also have the covered consol lid, shift boot and steering wheel. I will keep my original steering wheel in the 500 and just get the shift boot along with interior as I already did the consol cover. You wont regret it.

Melissa,

I have the Shelby inerior upgrade in my Shelby GT and just ordered it for my GT 500., it is awesome. I also have the covered consol lid, shift boot and steering wheel. I will keep my original steering wheel in the 500 and just get the shift boot along with interior as I already did the consol cover. You wont regret it.

Oh cool...let me ask you...the shift boot...I don't see it on the website.....my car is white...would the boot also be in white?..Also, did you have an upholsterer install the interior....I know it's included in the price.....but I am so nervous leaving the car in someone else's hands...also...I don't see the steering wheel upgrade, either....

BTW..awesome that you have 2 Shelby's...I am envious!!

Melissa, you can stay with your car while they do the work. I just ordered the upgraded interior. I ordered a new shift boot and the consul cover as I went charcol with the silver thread. My boot and steering wheel are threaded with the red. I also ordered the new steering wheel in the silver and I was assured that it comes directly from Ford. I will then send mine back as a core. Should all be here end of Sept and then installed. Send me your email and I will forward the pics I got from Gary Disney to you so you can see what there is.

Archived