TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Car Cover

melissa809

Hey everyone....I am looking at buying a California car cover for my GT500....I am very happy with the OEM one I got with the car...but don't like advertising that the car is a Shelby....anyone have any insight on this brand?...I will be keeping it on the car.....outside.....PLUS I need a cover that will provide some ding protection...as I just got my long awaited parking space in my building's parking lot...lol...

Or maybe I should just not be so anal and keep using the OEM cover I got with the car....and maybe taping some foam on the outside of both sides of the cover....plus a lock?.....lol...for real....advice please

Oh yeah...one more thing......the Shelby car cover has the bag sewn onto the cover....is this bag supposed to be in the trunk when using the cover?....because that's NOT what I am doing....I kind of let the bag lay flat against the trunk with the cover over it...please tell me I haven't damaged my paint by storing the bag like this.....and btw....I always wash and dry the car before covering it...and am planning on another coat of wax this week

Thanks in advance

Hey everyone....I am looking at buying a California car cover for my GT500....I am very happy with the OEM one I got with the car...but don't like advertising that the car is a Shelby....anyone have any insight on this brand?...I will be keeping it on the car.....outside.....PLUS I need a cover that will provide some ding protection...as I just got my long awaited parking space in my building's parking lot...lol...

Or maybe I should just not be so anal and keep using the OEM cover I got with the car....and maybe taping some foam on the outside of both sides of the cover....plus a lock?.....lol...for real....advice please

Oh yeah...one more thing......the Shelby car cover has the bag sewn onto the cover....is this bag supposed to be in the trunk when using the cover?....because that's NOT what I am doing....I kind of let the bag lay flat against the trunk with the cover over it...please tell me I haven't damaged my paint by storing the bag like this.....and btw....I always wash and dry the car before covering it...and am planning on another coat of wax this week

Thanks in advance

Melissa,

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you are ok with how you are using your car cover. I tuck the bag into the trunk when I use mine when I remember. It is one more anchor point.

FYI, the California Car Covers are maufactured by CoverCraft. CCC is not a manufacturer of car covers so keep that in mind if you do any price shopping.

Also if you decide to go with a CCC cover they silkscreen their rather large gaudy logo onto the cover. You can request them not to put their logo on your cover. There is no charge for this.

Steve

FYI, the California Car Covers are maufactured by CoverCraft. CCC is not a manufacturer of car covers so keep that in mind if you do any price shopping.

Also if you decide to go with a CCC cover they silkscreen their rather large gaudy logo onto the cover. You can request them not to put their logo on your cover. There is no charge for this.

Steve

Thanks Steve....I think, though.....I am just going to use my Shelby cover..it says it is rated for outdoor use...I like it, so far.....I am going to get a lock, though.....also, when my Shelby car cover eventually wears out...will Ford still have them available to purchase?....the reason I ask is because my father says I should hold on to the Shelby cover....it will make my car that more of a collector's item...BUT....I'd hate to spend 3 hundred dollars on a cover and find out it is not as nice as the Ford cover....btw...a couple months back I bought a pricey cover through JCWHitney...think it was Covercraft....and I sent it back....didn't fit right...too bulky....and the whole process of getting it back into the box they shipped it me into was a feakin' nightmare...lol

In a perfect world I would have a house with a garage...lol....and to rent a garage here is about 200$ a month.....which is really another payment I'd like to avoid....plus the car would not be close to home...

Thanks in advance

Melissa rocks!!

Not to many girls I know own hot cars, yet alone a GT500 and I have only one that hand waxes her car... Its a mini, but it does have a supercharger and cai...

:happy feet:

Melissa rocks!!

Not to many girls I know own hot cars, yet alone a GT500 and I have only one that hand waxes her car... Its a mini, but it does have a supercharger and cai...

Lol..you just made my day!..thanks...I'm a bit of a tomboy...lol...I'm also a union electrician...working street lighting right now....drive a truck everyday...class b cdl.....most of the trucks in my shop are automatics....only a handful are standard....and can you believe that there are guys there that can't drive them!...haha....

Lol..you just made my day!..thanks...I'm a bit of a tomboy...lol...I'm also a union electrician...working street lighting right now....drive a truck everyday...class b cdl.....most of the trucks in my shop are automatics....only a handful are standard....and can you believe that there are guys there that can't drive them!...haha....

And no...I'm not a lesbian....haha....not that there's anything wrong with it

Has anyone heard of coverking car covers?...any opinions

Thanks in advance

I bought mine from Griot's Garage and am very happy with it...here's the link:

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/car+ac...ky+car+cover.do

Jim

Thanks in advance

Hi, I have two California car covers for the 2007 Shelby GT500, they are both the same model "Dustop". One is gray and brand new in an unopened box from CCC, the other one I'm using on my GT500 and I love it. The Dustop model is designed to protect your car in a garage, it adds ding protection and fits very nice. I have used several different brands and models on my cars and trucks, the Dustop Rocks! and offers the best paint protection of all, IMO. I have a very top of the line CCC for another car and the Dustop is easier to use and offer better indoor protection IMO.

I can sell you the new grey Dustop for 15% off retail (no tax) and incude shipping to the lower 48 for free, total price would be $178.50.

Thanks,

Blaynepost-5223-1251418421_thumb.jpg

post-5223-1251418421_thumb.jpg

Thanks....but I need an outdoor cover

No problem, I still recommend CCC, they stand behind what they sell. I don't recommend ever using the plastic snap on rings for the antenna, better to just remove the antenna while covered. I had a leather piece sewn on to the indoor cover and nylon sewn to the outdoor cover, so I don't have to remove the antenna, it also helps with the install IMO.

Good Luck

Hi Mel...and welcome...

I've got the OEM with the ads on it...and it's been a great cover.

I place the bag that's attached in the trunk and shut it and the loops at the doors I've made a coated cable to loop through them and lock it and it works great.

Let me know and I'll post some pics of the cable when I get back home.

LuckySnake,

I see you like planes too....I drive a 50 as well. Here's a plane pic for you with my car and a couple friends.

That's an L39 that was taking off just as I clicked the picture...and those are 2 B17s in the background as well.

CAF-Photo-Shoot-249.jpg

LuckySnake,

I see you like planes too....I drive a 50 as well. Here's a plane pic for you with my car and a couple friends.

That's an L39 that was taking off just as I clicked the picture...and those are 2 B17s in the background as well.

CAF-Photo-Shoot-249.jpg

Man that is one cool pic TexasShelby! :shades:

Man, where were all those oldie Mustangs when I lived in Midland. I sure never ran across any of them. I really do believe I had the only visible 1969 Mach 1 around when we were there. Everybody knew the car. At one time there was even matching baby seats in the back of it :)

When I had to keep the Pace Car outside for a bit, I bought the Evolution car cover. Fit great, kept the dirt out and when it rained the the moisture dried out quickly. Car wouldn't get soaked but it would gather some moisture from the rain but was easily detailed away as the dirt stayed out.

http://www.carcoverworld.com/technalon.asp

Hi Melissa, nice to see another lady on board! We do have another that is here some but she just deployed.

Man, where were all those oldie Mustangs when I lived in Midland. I sure never ran across any of them. I really do believe I had the only visible 1969 Mach 1 around when we were there. Everybody knew the car. At one time there was even matching baby seats in the back of it :)

When I had to keep the Pace Car outside for a bit, I bought the Evolution car cover. Fit great, kept the dirt out and when it rained the the moisture dried out quickly. Car wouldn't get soaked but it would gather some moisture from the rain but was easily detailed away as the dirt stayed out.

http://www.carcoverworld.com/technalon.asp

Hi Melissa, nice to see another lady on board! We do have another that is here some but she just deployed.

Hey Sherri.....awesome.....a woman with a Mustang that's not aV-6 automatic...lol....I swear....though I have little contact with other woman....I work in construction....of the ones I do socialize with....not ONE of them gets it......lol....they don't understand this whole car thing...haha

Hey Sherri.....awesome.....a woman with a Mustang that's not aV-6 automatic...lol....I swear....though I have little contact with other woman....I work in construction....of the ones I do socialize with....not ONE of them gets it......lol....they don't understand this whole car thing...haha

Hey Melissa welcome to Team Shelby-

but what's wrong with a Mustang V6 automatic?

Here's my V6 automatic daily driver:

DSC00878.jpg

And here is SexyStang's:

DSC02433a.jpg

What do you own that you drive everyday? lurk.gif

Oh man...I just put my foot in my mouth..lol...my DD is a 2003 GT convertible 5-speed...it's a wreck now....drive it back and forth to work....in NYC...when I bought it new..it was my only car...and knew I would feel like I was missing out if I had bought a V-6 automatic....BECAUSE...years before...I had a 1987 4-cylinder 5-speed...and though I LOVED the manual...the "slowness" of it was miserable.....and that being said...I am planning on trading in the DD for a Ford Focus in automatic....lol...but I still stand firm in believing that American muscle cars ought to be V-8 stick shifts

PLUS...out here where I live...there are a LOT of young turbo-charged import drivers....and I want to be prepared....even when I'm daily driving.....lol

If you are planning on leaving your GT500 outside, doesn't matter much if it's driven or not, it will rust away, even with a cover. The cover will slow the rust down a bit. The humidity level is over 50% much of the time everywhere around NYC. Even one year outside will damage the car. I would invest in renting a climate controled garage before buying a car cover, will save you a ton (2 tons) of money in the end.

Just a friendly opinion. A Shelby outside is better than no Shelby for sure, there are lots of things you can do to help prevent rust and corrosion, even outside.

We all belong to Permian Basin Auto Club, a lot of good old gearheads.

• 1 month later...

I found some decent ones from empire. This cover was a replacement cover for a custom cover that cost three times as much and started leaking water and collecting dust under the cover in less than a year. My Empire cover is 4 months old, has survived numerous strong thunderstorms and seering Texas sun, and so far is exceeding my expectations. I have 3 cars under cover, soon the other two will be covered by Empire.

http://empirecovers-review.blogspot.com

coverprius1.jpg

I found some decent ones from empire. This cover was a replacement cover for a custom cover that cost three times as much and started leaking water and collecting dust under the cover in less than a year. My Empire cover is 4 months old, has survived numerous strong thunderstorms and seering Texas sun, and so far is exceeding my expectations. I have 3 cars under cover, soon the other two will be covered by Empire.

http://empirecovers-review.blogspot.com

coverprius1.jpg

Alexmadison.....I have googled best car cover....and I have found your same exact post on at least a dozen message boards.....makes me very suspicious...like you own the company and are not REALLY a customer of Empire...just trying to sell your covers...I'll be honest....Empire brand is now completely off my list

Ya think?

It shouldn't be a problem, Alex, just post pics of your Shelby and build date info on the certificate.

If you do work for Empire or just sell them, still no problem, it'd be a good idea to check out the Sponsers section so you can advertise on here and let's see some of your products. Always like a good

Just my .02 worth on girls and cars. There are a lot of them out there hence the pics of my wife's and daughter's weekend rides. One has 750hp and one has 1000+ hp.

post-11181-1254752879_thumb.jpg

post-11181-1254753605_thumb.jpg

post-11181-1254752879_thumb.jpg

post-11181-1254753605_thumb.jpg

Just my .02 worth on girls and cars. There are a lot of them out there hence the pics of my wife's and daughter's weekend rides. One has 750hp and one has 1000+ hp.

Need a son in law? :doh:

Archived