TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Difference between "KR" and M-5230-MSVTL muffs

scottGT500

I think people forget that the car has better sound insulation then the previous model. Even with the windows down it wouldn't sound as loud. However, when I followed my father when he drove me car it sounds really good stock. Keep in mind I had a 05 GT with SLP Loudmouths.

I was surprised when I got out of my car with it idling and went around back to hear the sound coming out of the exhaust. It's a lot louder than it sounds while being in the car. The insulation must be really good. I really like how the stock exhaust sounds and probably won't ever change it.

That being said, I think that the "KR's" sound the best from what I heard from the aftermarket. I didn't like the sound of the the muffler deletes...a little too "burbly" for me.

i talked to evolution and i'm going to order super stinger model M5230 MGTL which is suppose to be louder and have 4" tail pipes does anyone have them or heard them on 2010 gt500

Just remember.....the Super Stingers don't have the baffles, so you are probably gonna get drone inside the cabin.

Archived