TEAM SHELBY FORUM

gas milage

1badsho

When I picked my car up yesterday ... I filled it up ... and drove home with it .. got about 200 miles on the first tank ... and filled it up today.

Think today it took about 13 gallons .. so when its close to "E" i think its misleading ... seems u still have alot of gas left

Another thing I noticed .. is once u top it off .. most of all the cars/trucks I have the first qtr of gas goes by real slow ... than the needle moves alot faster.

In this car .. first 20 miles and the needle is already dropping.

No doubt I am getting into the car and enjoying the power .... once i get use to her ... i will try one tank of gas staying out of the boost.

But like everyone else ... what a great ride and the quality of workmanship ... I am very very impressed.

dond

When I picked my car up yesterday ... I filled it up ... and drove home with it .. got about 200 miles on the first tank ... and filled it up today.

Think today it took about 13 gallons .. so when its close to "E" i think its misleading ... seems u still have alot of gas left

Another thing I noticed .. is once u top it off .. most of all the cars/trucks I have the first qtr of gas goes by real slow ... than the needle moves alot faster.

No doubt I am getting into the car and enjoying the power .... once i get use to her ... i will try one tank of gas staying out of the boost.

But like everyone else ... what a great ride and the quality of workmanship ... I am very very impressed.

dond

By the time mine hit 500 miles and if I could keep my foot out of it on a cruise 5th gear around 50-55 would get 22-24 area pretty easy. Normal (nice) local driving would get around 16+

Really think in nice summer time on highway 25mpg is quite possible if kept under 70mph

dond

Congrats on the Shelby! My replacement for replacement is not supposed to be built until approx Jan 1st so could be well into Feb before it shows up.

Does anyone know the plant shut down dates for Christmas time? Go figure the first car was delayed because of 4th of July now replacement for replacement is delayed for Christmas!

By the time mine hit 500 miles and if I could keep my foot out of it on a cruise 5th gear around 50-55 would get 22-24 area pretty easy. Normal (nice) local driving would get around 16+

Really think in nice summer time on highway 25mpg is quite possible if kept under 70mph

Congrats on the Shelby! My replacement for replacement is not supposed to be built until approx Jan 1st so could be well into Feb before it shows up.

Does anyone know the plant shut down dates for Christmas time? Go figure the first car was delayed because of 4th of July now replacement for replacement is delayed for Christmas!

the only good thing about delays now, is that many of us (northerners) can't drive em anyway, so a few weeks really doesn't mean much one way or another. Haven't heard anything about Christmas break, but I will take a look around and post if I find anything. I am afraid that with a build date of 11/30, mine may also get caught up in the break, and not really show up until mid january or so.

Well, lets think about this...

Hubby says that we've stacked up about 275 miles since cars arrival on Thursday. We stopped for gas for the third time on the way home today, but he said he only put ten gallons in.

Yeah, it sucks up gas like it maybe going out of style. It's just so much fun doing it though.

I know, I'm bad!!! In my next life I'll own at least one Hybrid - - I promise. Oh wait a minute, I'm a Christian and my next life won't be here. That's another thread all together.

Well, lets think about this...

Hubby says that we've stacked up about 275 miles since cars arrival on Thursday. We stopped for gas for the third time on the way home today, but he said he only put ten gallons in.

Yeah, it sucks up gas like it maybe going out of style. It's just so much fun doing it though.

I know, I'm bad!!! In my next life I'll own at least one Hybrid - - I promise. Oh wait a minute, I'm a Christian and my next life won't be here. That's another thread all together.

Everyone at the dealership laughs at me regarding MPG ... im anal out about ... did everything i could to my FX4 to get the best gas milage out of .. same with my old 90 F 250 I bought when I sold the FX4 to make way for the shelby.

Ya know ... unless its long trips on the interstate ... i just dont care ... :hysterical2: cuz the dealership pays for my gas and my old F 250 that i used as a daily driver with 410 gears and a 351 windsor motor only got 12-13 mpg ... wether i towed my race car / trailer or not.

So the way I look at it .. i didnt improve or make the gas milage worst ... just improved my ride slightly !

dond

dond

don, the manual says not to rely on gas mileage calculations during the first 1000 miles of driving. It will improve.

Dave

OK, OK. For those who want to rationalize the purchase, I get between 18.9 and 20.3 MPG by the car's computer. I just turned 6000 miles, so I'm seeing more effect with temperature than I did earlier. Here's what I found:

The computer is optimistic. It underreports the gas used by about .4 to .5 gallons when you run the tank low (13 or more gallons to fill). So the MPG it shows is too high.

My gas gauge comes off the full peg in about twelve miles. I wonder if these two things are related.

When the computer says X miles to Empty, it really means X miles to two gallons left. Assuming the tank holds a USEABLE sixteen gallons, it hits the computer's Empty and I usually can only put in 13.8 to 14 real gallons on the pump. It seems odd to me that the computer underreports fuel actually used, then hits 'E' too soon. WTFO?

Saturday night I saw a feature I didn't realize existed. When the computer says yhe car has ten miles to Empty or less, the entire gas gauge turns bright red, while the other gauges stay the same color they were. Kinda cool, but hard to see in daylight I suspect.

So, all in all, I figure I'm really getting about 19 to 19.5. This is a daily driver so there's a fair amount of cruising at 50 - 70 as well as probbaly 20% of the driving involving stop and go. I don't usually feel the need to do combat at every streetlight, so I'm sure I'm getting better mileage than some - and you know who you are (Kaylan). In truth, I don't get very many challenges. Attention - yes. Challenges - no.

Archived