TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT Radiator

For all of the Shelby GT owners out there that were curious about the availability of the Shelby GT Radiator we are finalizing production this week and the products will be available next week.

Please call Shelby Performance Parts or your Shelby Performance Parts Distributor to place your order.

NOTE: If you have a Shelby GT/SC with a Paxton / Vortech Supercharger the radiator will not fit without having to modify the upper support. It will require some minor cutting but the cuts are covered up by the upper shroud that covers the radiator.

I assume this is standard on the SR? I thought your were just a race car driver are you into manufacturing too?

There is a Performance Cooling Package for the Shelby SR as well as the Shelby GT/SC for those that want to take their car to SAI for an upgrade package. There are still some final details being worked out on those packages at this point but we are very close.

I developed the Shelby GT500 Radiator, Heat Exchanger and Engine Reservoirs for Shelby. I developed these products out of my own need for more efficient cooling while running on the road courses of Florida and the Southeast.

I worked with C&R Racing to develop the initial products that I had made and used on my car for racing. We then formed an agreement with Shelby Automobiles Inc. to provide these products as an option on the Super Snake and for every GT500. Then we worked with Shelby Performance Parts to distribute the GT500 products to the aftermarket.

Then we began to address the needs of the Shelby GT many months ago. We made multiple versions of the product and performed multiple test fitments before we finalized the design. It was tested in the most brutal conditions with great success. The radiator was tested by SAI on the interior road course at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. The core is the same core as used on the GT500 and is a NASCAR proprietary core only available through C&R Racing to SAI and SPP.

To answer your question, yes, I race and I work with C&R to manufacture products for the greatest car company in the United States, Shelby.

There is a Performance Cooling Package for the Shelby SR as well as the Shelby GT/SC for those that want to take their car to SAI for an upgrade package. There are still some final details being worked out on those packages at this point but we are very close.

I developed the Shelby GT500 Radiator, Heat Exchanger and Engine Reservoirs for Shelby. I developed these products out of my own need for more efficient cooling while running on the road courses of Florida and the Southeast.

I worked with C&R Racing to develop the initial products that I had made and used on my car for racing. We then formed an agreement with Shelby Automobiles Inc. to provide these products as an option on the Super Snake and for every GT500. Then we worked with Shelby Performance Parts to distribute the GT500 products to the aftermarket.

Then we began to address the needs of the Shelby GT many months ago. We made multiple versions of the product and performed multiple test fitments before we finalized the design. It was tested in the most brutal conditions with great success. The radiator was tested by SAI on the interior road course at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. The core is the same core as used on the GT500 and is a NASCAR proprietary core only available through C&R Racing to SAI and SPP.

To answer your question, yes, I race and I work with C&R to manufacture products for the greatest car company in the United States, Shelby.

That is awesome thanks for explaining to us all the details. I'm most likely getting my car turned into a GT/SR so if I do I know who to thank for some of the high quality parts.

So, is my existing OEM Shelby GT radiator insufficient in some manner? Has anyone on the forum had cooling issues?

your my new hero :bowdown:

LOL

That is awesome thanks for explaining to us all the details. I'm most likely getting my car turned into a GT/SR so if I do I know who to thank for some of the high quality parts.

The SR is an awesome machine. You'll love the set up. I ran around at Hallett during the Mid America event while they had the car out there for the debut. Excellent choice. The cooling system really helps to keep the temps down and the timing and spark in the car.

So, is my existing OEM Shelby GT radiator insufficient in some manner? Has anyone on the forum had cooling issues?

There is nothing wrong with your OEM radiator. This is a higher capacity and higher efficiency cooling option. For instance, many people live in very hot climates and they notice the car is a little more sluggish after a short drive. Part of this is due to the amount of heat both in the cooling system and under the hood. The product was designed for the daily driver and the guy who constantly or occasionally takes his car out for a weekend of track events. It's a performance product designed to improve the cooling efficiency of the engine and the cylinder heads.

For all of the Shelby GT owners out there that were curious about the availability of the Shelby GT Radiator we are finalizing production this week and the products will be available next week.

Please call Shelby Performance Parts or your Shelby Performance Parts Distributor to place your order.

NOTE: If you have a Shelby GT/SC with a Paxton / Vortech Supercharger the radiator will not fit without having to modify the upper support. It will require some minor cutting but the cuts are covered up by the upper shroud that covers the radiator.

will your GT500 HE work on the SGT?

There is nothing wrong with your OEM radiator. This is a higher capacity and higher efficiency cooling option. For instance, many people live in very hot climates and they notice the car is a little more sluggish after a short drive. Part of this is due to the amount of heat both in the cooling system and under the hood. The product was designed for the daily driver and the guy who constantly or occasionally takes his car out for a weekend of track events. It's a performance product designed to improve the cooling efficiency of the engine and the cylinder heads.

Thanks!

will your GT500 HE work on the SGT?

yes. It works on all S197 air to water cooled supercharged applications.

The heat exchanger is even more efficent in testing based on the lower boost applications in the 4.6 motors.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Van

Coming soon to a forum near you! LOL As soon as I can I will.

Van, I talked to Glenn at Quantum performance, and he said he wasn't sure if the Heat Exchanger listed in the Shelby Performance catalog for the GT500,(CR-GT5-CPR002B0) would work on the GT without modifications. He said he would research.

Would it benefit me to upgrade to a GT500 take off radiator and install the heat exchanger on my SGT.

Van, I talked to Glenn at Quantum performance, and he said he wasn't sure if the Heat Exchanger listed in the Shelby Performance catalog for the GT500,(CR-GT5-CPR002B0) would work on the GT without modifications. He said he would research.

Would it benefit me to upgrade to a GT500 take off radiator and install the heat exchanger on my SGT.

The OEM GT500 Radiator isn't going to give you any additional cooling efficiency and the fan shroud mounting points are different so it will not work.

The GT500 Heat Exchanger does work on all S197 Platforms that are air to water intercooled and supercharged. Depending upon your application the only "modification necessary would be that of an additional hose. In the case of the Kenne Bell and Whipple Supercharged cars the water pump is mounted to the outside bumper bolts. The only requirement is to purchase a hose that goes from the outlet of the water pump in its current location to the inlet of the heat exchanger. Sometimes the water pump is mounted on the drivers side and sometimes it is mounted on the passengers side. The inlet to the heat exchanger is located on the passenger side of the car. With the Whipple I believe the pump is mounted on the drivers side and the hoses we provide in the kit are long enough and have a 45 degree bend that enable you to get the hose all the way to the inlet of the heat exchanger. On the Kenne Bell I have seen them mounted on either side. With the Paxton the pump is on the passengers side and hose with a 90 degree bend was required to feed the water from the pump to the heat exchanger.

FYI. I have installed the heat exchanger on Paxton, Whipple and Kenne Bell Supercharged GT Mustangs. It bolts up in the same exact location as that of the GT500. It does work it just requires an extra hose and maybe some hose clamps but other than that, it works. The same heat exchanger as used on the GT500 is what is being used on the current Shelby GT/SR as well as the Shelby test car.

Are these the same items currently listed on the SPP site ?

http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/Show...0Exchanger.aspx

Yes. This is shown as the GT500 Heat Exchanger but it does work on the GT as described above.

http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/Show...20Radiator.aspx

This is the GT500 Radiator. The part number is assigned unfortunately SPP has not been able to update the website as of yet with the new Shelby GT Radiator. We are also working on getting some new High Resolution Photos for the SPP Catalog.

Yes. They are listed for the GT500. I was checking to see if they will bolt into our SGT'S without mods.

Only minor mods. See above notes and let me know if you have any questions.

has anyone else noticed how EXPENSIVE it is to read some of these threads? If something happens to me...look to my wife! :hysterical:

:hysterical:

has anyone else noticed how EXPENSIVE it is to read some of these threads? If something happens to me...look to my wife! :hysterical:

:spend: I hear you....the madness will never end. It is difficult to explain to the wife that I need to replace perfectly good working parts on a car that I don't drive that much. But honey...the ______ doesn't say SHELBY on it... :headscratch: .... :slapfight:

:spend: I hear you....the madness will never end. It is difficult to explain to the wife that I need to replace perfectly good working parts on a car that I don't drive that much. But honey...the ______ doesn't say SHELBY on it... :headscratch: .... :slapfight:

Come on, Berg. You can still work that recent birthday for something, can't you?

Jim

Well, I'm going to order the heat exchanger and have it installed on the stock SGT radiator for know. I told my wife it gets too hot here in Texas for our new 550 Whipple GT/SC package we made a deposit on last week . I tried to explain the heat soak therory, and she explained to me her heat soak therory. May the Force be with me!!!

Come on, Berg. You can still work that recent birthday for something, can't you?

Jim

I thinking not...she still doesn't know about the rest of my birthday gifts...it was nice timing on the 20% discount. I would like to of gotten the interior upgrade at 20% off... but they don't sell one seat at a time. :hysterical:

Items Ordered:

1 of : 2008-2009 Shelby GT500KR Trunk Liner $69.99 Shipped <li>

1 of : Die Cast: Carroll Shelby 50th LeMans. 1:64th scale. $5.99 Shipped <li>

1 of : Hat: Shelby GT, Black $24.99 Shipped <li>

1 of : Shelby Corner Cafe Bank Tin $9.99 Shipped <li>

1 of : Shelby Corner Cafe Oil Can Shirt - Large $24.99 Shipped <li>

1 of : Shelby Corner Cafe Place Mats $19.99 Shipped <li>

1 of : Shelby Leather Trimmed Console Lid Cover [model:Shelby GT (2007-2008)][insert color desired:Keep a solid color][your CSM, CSX or VIN number:1572]

It's an addiction.....

Well, I'm going to order the heat exchanger and have it installed on the stock SGT radiator for know. I told my wife it gets too hot here in Texas for our new 550 Whipple GT/SC package we made a deposit on last week . I tried to explain the heat soak therory, and she explained to me her heat soak therory. May the Force be with me!!!

If it helps let her know that the test vehicle at SAI even uses the heat exchanger and the lead test driver stated, "this thing is amazing, the power is always there and the IAT2's just stay down"

Or maybe try this tactic.......................When we did window treatments on the house I didn't make you go to K-Mart or Home Depot to buy blinds or window treatments for our home.............Works even better if the house had window treatments when you bought it and she wanted to redecorate. hehehe :hysterical:

May the force be with you, always. LOL

To anyone with a blower or anyone that road races their SGT, this is an absolute must. If you don't have heat soak on the track with your OEM cooling equipment, you're not driving your car the way old Shel' intended. Van, I apologize again for having to back out at this time.

Thanks for your thoughtful and chin-lifting email man. I appreciate it more than you know. That apex seems like a million miles away, but I've got my foot through the floorboard, so it's gotta get here sooner or later.

Ken

What radiator comes with the cooling upgrade from SAI then? I was under the impression that it was the GT500 radiator. Maybe I should wait to send my SGT in next week? I'm getting the cooling upgrade with the whipple.

The GT model has a different engine bay design. It's not the GT500 Radiator but the Shelby GT Radiator. The cores are exactly the same. The only difference is the tank design due to different clearances on the different sides of the engine compartment. You should absolutely take your car in to SAI next week.

This radiator has been in development for about 9 months and it is now ready to roll. Take your car in next week and be one of the very first Shelby GT's to get the cooling package upgrade!

To anyone with a blower or anyone that road races their SGT, this is an absolute must. If you don't have heat soak on the track with your OEM cooling equipment, you're not driving your car the way old Shel' intended. Van, I apologize again for having to back out at this time.

Thanks for your thoughtful and chin-lifting email man. I appreciate it more than you know. That apex seems like a million miles away, but I've got my foot through the floorboard, so it's gotta get here sooner or later.

Ken

Ken

No worries brother. Although I mentioned the turn in, apex and track out that turn is already behind you and your mind is already two turns ahead of the next. Stay with it, the Checkered Flag will be waiving shortly. I'm sure of it.

Van

The GT model has a different engine bay design. It's not the GT500 Radiator but the Shelby GT Radiator. The cores are exactly the same. The only difference is the tank design due to different clearances on the different sides of the engine compartment. You should absolutely take your car in to SAI next week.

This radiator has been in development for about 9 months and it is now ready to roll. Take your car in next week and be one of the very first Shelby GT's to get the cooling package upgrade!

Got it, thanks! She'll be getting dropped off Monday morning and hopefully I'll get a turn-around like AstroDan did! It'd be nice to have for the drive to Cali next weekend. :peelout:

Got it, thanks! She'll be getting dropped off Monday morning and hopefully I'll get a turn-around like AstroDan did! It'd be nice to have for the drive to Cali next weekend. :peelout:

Hopefully so. Enjoy it. The Shelby GT and Shelby GT/SC are awesome machines. I wish I had one in my stable.

Archived