TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who has the FR500S exhaust????????????????

I have read many reviews of the FR500S exhaust and it seems to be what I am looking for, problem is most of the reviews cam from people that had the stock exhaust prior, not the Shelby GT exhaust. I like the Shelby GT Exhaust, but would not mind a little more. Anyone that has it, especially interested in those that have it with a Supercharger, please let me know what you think. I think the Tips are smaller than our stock ones, do they look OK? Been a month or so since I bought something, time to add another change.

Thanks All

Bill

I have read many reviews of the FR500S exhaust and it seems to be what I am looking for, problem is most of the reviews cam from people that had the stock exhaust prior, not the Shelby GT exhaust. I like the Shelby GT Exhaust, but would not mind a little more. Anyone that has it, especially interested in those that have it with a Supercharger, please let me know what you think. I think the Tips are smaller than our stock ones, do they look OK? Been a month or so since I bought something, time to add another change.

Thanks All

Bill

Loud Loud and Loud did I say loud WOT think of NASCAR ( no sneaking out of the house)

I have them with the American Racing 1 5/8" Headers w/CattedH-Pipe and have the Whipple

web.jpg

web.jpg

I am putting the stock SGT mufflers back on this weekend to compare the difference

Take Care

Andrew

I have them on my GT500 and I think they sound really good. Loud when you want and tame at cruise. The tips IMO look pretty good too; I prefer the brushed stainless look over the polished chrome look. The tips look better in person than in pictures.

Guest hfrosso

I have them on my SGT with the X pipe, and no headers, the best mod so far,(even my wyfe said that!!!!!) it's much louder than the stock, but when you are driving on the highway on 5th gear they're quiet,just like your SGT muffler,no drone at all.

only down side it's that the tips are smaller and not in an angle like the stock, but like 6-speed said , they look better in person than in pictures.

I don't have a clip to poste, maybe one of these days i'll get to it.

i say go for it!! :happy feet:

The combination of the American Racing Headers 1 5/8", high flow cats, H-pipe and FR500S' are too loud. I was driving to work (we live a 3/4 mile ) and my wife was at here sister's (on the way) and she could hear me the whole way and called me to tell me so ! Soooo I gunned it and scared the you know what out of her and her sisters cats .....

Today we swapped the FR500s' with the SGT originals and I am leaving them on (no video it is raining ) but I will make a video this weekend of the current combination, which is loud just not SOOOO loud.

With that said I will be selling the FR500s' less than 300 miles still have the original box, if you are interested send me a PM

Sold !

Thanks for the inquires...

Take Care

Andrew

I already bought them from Tasca today, they installed them as well. So far I love them, exactly what I was looking for. Cruising they are like stock, get on it and they sound great, much better than stock in my opinion, and I liked stock. Mine are brand new so I am told they will get a little louder, that would be fine. I am not sure about idle yet, I will let you know when I start it in the garage next, it seemed to be almost the same as the stock ones.

They were not cheap, but so far I would do it all over again, No regrets. These should have come with the car.

Have you sold these yet, Andrew?

Tommy4toes

The combination of the American Racing Headers 1 5/8", high flow cats, H-pipe and FR500S' are too loud. I was driving to work (we live a 3/4 mile ) and my wife was at here sister's (on the way) and she could hear me the whole way and called me to tell me so ! Soooo I gunned it and scared the you know what out of her and her sisters cats .....

Today we swapped the FR500s' with the SGT originals and I am leaving them on (no video it is raining ) but I will make a video this weekend of the current combination, which is loud just not SOOOO loud.

With that said I will be selling the FR500s' less than 300 miles still have the original box, if you are interested send me a PM

web.jpg

Take Care

Andrew

Archived