TEAM SHELBY FORUM

INsurance

dukenrock

Maybe this has already been discussd somewhere here on the Forum, but is there somebody that insures these cars, specifically ones that are not daily drivers and would put less than let's say 2000 miles a year on them? I currently pay $788/year for the 2008 Shelby GT500 and $764.00/year for the 2007 40th. I haven't put more than 300 miles on the 2008 this year and 10 miles on the 40th. Layup for the winter is from November thru April. These rates reflect a good driving record, no accidents.

I need to get a commission for all these referals :hysterical:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=47366

Yes you do! Thanks.

I have been working with GT500-07's contact and she is great and the price far less than I expected.

Thanks so much.

VB

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to bump this thread. I too am now insured through this company and Rachel, who was very easy to work with. My premium is just under $300 per year (Washington) and I'm saving about $600 a year. Better coverage too. Thanks GT500-07

Just wanted to bump this thread. I too am now insured through this company and Rachel, who was very easy to work with. My premium is just under $300 per year (Washington) and I'm saving about $600 a year. Thanks GT500-07

I called her, but there is a mileage restriction I think of like 500 miles per year so I couldn't do it unfortunately.

If anyone knows some good insurance that has less mileage restriction let us know :)

I called her, but there is a mileage restriction I think of like 500 miles per year so I couldn't do it unfortunately.

If anyone knows some good insurance that has less mileage restriction let us know :)

With my policy there is no specific mileage restriction, but the policy's intent is for the vehicle to be a limited use collector-type vehicle. Rachel essentially said mileage should not exceed about 3K per year. I'm within those limits.

It's 2500 miles per year and it's not a big deal if you go over that amount. Please call Rachel, she will confirm this.

My car is insured with the same company that insures our house, other vehicles, etc.

I can run full insurance on it for 6 months, and comp only for the other 6 months. On top of that, I have the "low annual mileage" discount, good driver discount, no accident discount, multi vehicle discount, etc. Rate is pretty reasonable that way. Everything is pro-rated, so I can call them to change from driving to parked insurance at any time.

As long as I document the mods I've done - keep receipts & photos of the car, if anything ever happens to it, they will value the car based on the original price plus all the mods I show receipts and pics for.

However, I may contact this other agent to compare what they offer, and can report back on what I find.

My car is insured with the same company that insures our house, other vehicles, etc.

I can run full insurance on it for 6 months, and comp only for the other 6 months. On top of that, I have the "low annual mileage" discount, good driver discount, no accident discount, multi vehicle discount, etc. Rate is pretty reasonable that way. Everything is pro-rated, so I can call them to change from driving to parked insurance at any time.

As long as I document the mods I've done - keep receipts & photos of the car, if anything ever happens to it, they will value the car based on the original price plus all the mods I show receipts and pics for.

However, I may contact this other agent to compare what they offer, and can report back on what I find.

The big difference is that the Delp Company insurance (mentioned in the link) covers our cars as "Exotics" and value is based on agreed value. So if your car is totalled, you don't have to validate what you spent on it, deal with market value, etc. It's completely based on the agreed value up front.

I have Metropolitan "Met" Insurance. They give me a Low Milage Discount Form to fill out and submit when I first registered and insured my car. You have to request this form. If you keep the car under a certain amount of miles per year, you get a pretty good discount. They verify the mileage you put on the car each year through the State Inspection data. If you have more than one car on the policy including your GT500, be sure to tell them that the GT500 is a recreational car and not your everyday driver, just driven on weekends etc.... HTH

The big difference is that the Delp Company insurance (mentioned in the link) covers our cars as "Exotics" and value is based on agreed value. So if your car is totalled, you don't have to validate what you spent on it, deal with market value, etc. It's completely based on the agreed value up front.

Well, I got my quote from Delp. GREAT price. :happy feet:

Looks like State Farm is losing one of my vehicles.

:shift: I'm doing the Grundy thing for know. car must be garaged,no daily driver, no milage limit, usual stuff. one of my concerns, if I have a ding

3 states away they will tow my car home and not to the nearest ford dealer, unlike some companies. also they insure planes,yacht's and high dollar stuff. Maybe they could fix a car?? my 2 cents kyle

• 1 month later...

ok so i checked a couple of these a while back and it didnt look like the two i checked insured someone as young as myself.

im a 23yo male living in the northeast US. i have a clean record. is there an agency out there that will insure my car at a low rate under these "exotic conditions?" (limited mileage, garage kept, etc.)

Archived