TEAM SHELBY FORUM

grudge match

September 19th im facing off against a roush 427r, its a grudge match in my club, he pulled a 438 rwhp on the dyno but suffers from MASSIVE tire spin issues. his last run at the drags was a 13.8! :hysterical:

currently im running at 306 rwhp (the tune i have i feel is crappy) as of the last dyno(3 weeks ago). i just put on a UDP kit yesterday and will be installing 3.73 gears in 2 weeks. i was going to put hot rod cams on unfortunately i will not have time to do so. with the gt500 throttle body i should hit at least 320rwhp with a revised race tune. i have a set of 285/40zr/18's for my new wheels coming tomorrow. they will be mounted and balanced before the mods vs rods shootout.

mods as follows

CMDP's

steeda inlet elbow

steeda crome moly rear control arms with poly bushings

steed rear race pan hard bar and brace

jba long tube headers 7/8 primarys into 3 inch collectors

jba 3 inch h-pipe

shelby jba highflow mufflers

steeda under drive pulley kit

gt500 throttle body

kahman what do you think i should be making with this set up?

if i have the money im going to have our local dyno master(greg giliam) build a new custom race tune for me.

oh and i'll be switching to a set of drag slicks for the face off after the first few runs. roush boy will be using stockers.

im a better driver then he is and i shift far faster. so do i have a chance? discuss

P.S. i'll be taping this one for sure! im looking for a 12.whatever

If you are going to race the quarter mile then you might want to go 410 gears. You will definately feel the difference. The 373's are really to close to stock to get a big improvement. If you were going to s/c then 373's would be fine but still pretty close to what you have. With 410's ,longtubes, lower pulleys and agressive tune you should run in the mid 12's which should be enough to take the Roush in the quarter. The 410's could be the difference between winning and losing. Good-Luck.

If you are going to race the quarter mile then you might want to go 410 gears. You will definately feel the difference. The 373's are really to close to stock to get a big improvement. If you were going to s/c then 373's would be fine but still pretty close to what you have. With 410's ,longtubes, lower pulleys and agressive tune you should run in the mid 12's which should be enough to take the Roush in the quarter. The 410's could be the difference between winning and losing. Good-Luck.

+1 on the 4:10's, don't even bother with the 3:73's.

Shoot,

For the price of a set of gears and an install (assuming your having it done) you could buy a complete used rear with 4:10's online (ebay, parts classifieds etc.). doesn't take that long to change it out, so you could still drag (when necessary) and do the road course..

Just a thought..

GNB

Archived