TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Amazing Service

cal66

:happy feet: I finally took my GTH convertible in to Capistrano Ford for its first oil change at 1390 miles. Ford sent a notice to bring the car in for a computer adjustment of the passenger air bag and I didn't want a squirrel messing up the tune. I spoke with the service manager and he told me to have Brian sign me in. I can't tell you how much attention they paid to me and the car. Brian brought me in to the garage, introduced me to the mechanic and invited me to walk in any time I choose. All the other mechanics came over to check out the car. They performed all the upgrades, put in a Ford Racing oil filter, synthetic oil and the car runs perfectly. If any of you live in South Orange County California, this dealer rocks. And they sell Shelbys.

:happy feet: I finally took my GTH convertible in to Capistrano Ford for its first oil change at 1390 miles. Ford sent a notice to bring the car in for a computer adjustment of the passenger air bag and I didn't want a squirrel messing up the tune. I spoke with the service manager and he told me to have Brian sign me in. I can't tell you how much attention they paid to me and the car. Brian brought me in to the garage, introduced me to the mechanic and invited me to walk in any time I choose. All the other mechanics came over to check out the car. They performed all the upgrades, put in a Ford Racing oil filter, synthetic oil and the car runs perfectly. If any of you live in South Orange County California, this dealer rocks. And they sell Shelbys.

It's great to hear that this dealership does business the way all Ford dealerships should but don't, wish I lived in the OC to get service like this.

:happy feet:

"Ford sent a notice to bring the car in for a computer adjustment of the passenger air bag"

do you have a copy of this notice? i've noticed the passenger airbag light flickers on and off on mine.

i took it to a local dealer last saturday and they couldn't replicate the issue. i haven't noticed it in

quite a while, but have heard that 2007 shelby's have an issue with the airbag light.

thanks in advance.

zach

"Ford sent a notice to bring the car in for a computer adjustment of the passenger air bag"

do you have a copy of this notice? i've noticed the passenger airbag light flickers on and off on mine.

i took it to a local dealer last saturday and they couldn't replicate the issue. i haven't noticed it in

quite a while, but have heard that 2007 shelby's have an issue with the airbag light.

thanks in advance.

zach

Zach

If you want to PM me your vin # I can run a CarFax report which many times show if the airbag computer reprogramming has been done.

You can also call Ford customer service and ask if the TSB has been performed. Another TS member may also be able to run your vin thru their service departments computer for confirmation.

I think Grabber has the TSB posted somewhere on TS.

Steve

Zach

If you want to PM me your vin # I can run a CarFax report which many times show if the airbag computer reprogramming has been done.

You can also call Ford customer service and ask if the TSB has been performed. Another TS member may also be able to run your vin thru their service departments computer for confirmation.

I think Grabber has the TSB posted somewhere on TS.

Steve

ok, thanks!!

thanks in advance.

zach

The letter is dated December 2008 and the Recall number and description is: 08C02 - Reprogram Restraint Control Module. I didn't have the letter with me but Brian pulled it up on the Ford computer. The Ford Customer Relationship Center number is (866)436-7332 and the internet address they gave in the letter is www.ownerconnection.com. Don't let the car out of your sight! Gary

Archived