TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Build process

edgecomb

So I'm getting inconsistent messages as to how Ford makes the gt500. I have my VIN with a scheduled build date of 9/1 and my dealer tells me that the shelby needs to be shipped to Vegas for an upfit? I thought Ford was making these in Flat Rock? If it does go to vegas, what actually is being upfitted. Maybe my sales guy is out of touch.

Thoughts?

So I'm getting inconsistent messages as to how Ford makes the gt500. I have my VIN with a scheduled build date of 9/1 and my dealer tells me that the shelby needs to be shipped to Vegas for an upfit? I thought Ford was making these in Flat Rock? If it does go to vegas, what actually is being upfitted. Maybe my sales guy is out of touch.

Thoughts?

GT500s do NOT go to Shelby.

Thoughts?

It's all Ford built.

We've heard people being told that by dealers in the past edgecomb. As the others have stated it definitely gets built at the ford plant only - it doesn't go to Vegas, only the Supersnakes go there from what I gather.

[/quote

The KRs go there as well.

Archived