TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Labor Day weekend plans

ilmor

I'm heading over to Lime Rock Raceway for the annual Vintage Festival. In addition to the vintage race cars actually battling on the track, there is a great car show in a beautiful setting on Sunday. The show typically includes a number of nice Shelbys and Mustangs and I'm hoping that mine will be one of them.

http://www.limerock.com/content/events-rolex-vintage

What is everyone else planning?

Creedence Clearwater concert in Wendover, NV. Friday night :rockon:

We are expecting a cold front this weekend dropping our temps from the mid 90's to the upper 60's by Monday. This usually means thunderstorms and strong winds. Last Labor Day we had snow abouve 10,000 ft. :cold:

Depending on the weather Saturday, either Wally World or a Swiss Festival in the mountains. :shrug:

Sunday yard work while my wife works

Monday, BBQ and :beerchug:, no matter what! :hysterical:

My Labor Day weekend starts Thursday. Plan to take first day to go to Sean Hyland Shop as weather is suppose to be good.

Most of the remaining weekend will be painting halls and foyer in our house. Probably will need forgiveness for what I may sign up for at SHM. Got a dark brown to cover with a light tan.

Tom

Taking the motorhome down to Kansas City. Going to the original Jack Stack BBQ restaurant on Friday night, Royals and Angels ball game on Saturday, whatever the wife wants to do on Sunday, enjoy Monday morning and then cruise home in the land yacht.

Flying out Friday nite to visit my daughter and son-in-law ... a new granddaughter born August 4/09!

And a little sister for my 2 year old grandson.

:happy feet: Congratulations!

Car show on Monday in Merrill WI, maybe a bike ride on Saturday, then working on some of my projects in the garage.

I live in a summer shore resort town with a lot of bad traffic, so we are keeping in the backyard with friends and family all weekend, doing clams. beer, burgers, horseshoes, swimming and watching all the tourist driving down the road with their beach chairs flying off the cars..LOL..

My holiday begins on Tuesday :)

I hope everyone has a great and safe holiday weekend.

I live in a summer shore resort town with a lot of bad traffic, so we are keeping in the backyard with friends and family all weekend, doing clams. beer, burgers, horseshoes, swimming and watching all the tourist driving down the road with their beach chairs flying off the cars..LOL..

Where in NJ? I grew up in Somerset County in the last 60's. My parents were partial to Wildwood Crest. We were guilty of the flyng chairs! :busted:

In high school, Seaside Heights was the place to go.

When we come back now to visit the remaining few living relatives, there is always a trip to the shore involved. Gotta love the Three Brothers pizza :drool:

My in-laws have a place in Manahawkin, NJ, so I know what you mean by that traffic!

Taking a 185-mile trip South to Jessup MD, just West of Baltimore, to visit my daughter and son-in law. My daughter is pregnant with our first grand daughter with a due date of Sept. 23. I don’t mind the drive except for the 30 miles that we have to travel on the 695 loop on the West Side of Baltimore.

What time is dinner? :happy feet:

The NHRA Nationals are in Indy (O'Reilly Raceway Park). John Force has an Open House at his shop in Brownsburg on Thursday. Won't make the Open House, but I will be at the race...

:rockon: I won't get to the drags again until the Las Vegas Nationals over Halloween. I can't wait.

Archived