TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CAI and Factory Warranty

MarioR

I have a new 09 and wanted to install a JLT,CAI . Will this mod void the factory warranty? After you flash the computer with the new tune, is it possible to reinstall the factory tune?

I did a search and came back with tons of post, but none specific to the JLT package.

Thanks for putting up with a newbie!

Mario

Hi Mario,

There is no hard and fast rule for Ford on this so it is often left up to the dealers to decide. The general rule is that if the modification contributed to a particular failure then the warranty repairs for that failure could be denied. No single mod can void the entire warranty.

Installing a CAI and tune is not going to harm the engine. Check to see what your State smog restrictions might be. California will not permit a CAI unless it has a CARB exemption issued by that State.

Hi Mario,

There is no hard and fast rule for Ford on this so it is often left up to the dealers to decide. The general rule is that if the modification contributed to a particular failure then the warranty repairs for that failure could be denied. No single mod can void the entire warranty.

Installing a CAI and tune is not going to harm the engine. Check to see what your State smog restrictions might be. California will not permit a CAI unless it has a CARB exemption issued by that State.

Thanks for information David. I am in Fort Worth, Texas, and dont know of any such restrictions.

Mario

Shouldn't void your warranty....but to play it safe, it is just as easy to go back to stock for dealership visit should you need to. Just put stock airbox and intake back on, and program back to stock. Your programmer should store the stock program before you load the custom program.

Thanks for information David. I am in Fort Worth, Texas, and dont know of any such restrictions.

Mario

I wish I had known...I was downtown all weekend...Live over in Midland.

The tuner will have to OEM tune, so you can restore it back in about 15 minutes total...I've done it twice and I've also had it in with the CAI, the fantastic dealership I bought it from doesn't care, but all the POS dealerships around Midland do...so there you have it...drive it like you stole it, and holler if your out this way.

Are you going to the Texas Shelby Run in Sept.?

Thanks for the interest.

I tell everyone with this question to ask your dealer what they are ok with, that way no suprises.

Put it this way, we have Ford dealers that are JLT dealers. They install them on customers cars all the time and know it's fine, but you still may want to ask yours.

Also remember, it's very easy to go back to stock.

I wish I had known...I was downtown all weekend...Live over in Midland.

The tuner will have to OEM tune, so you can restore it back in about 15 minutes total...I've done it twice and I've also had it in with the CAI, the fantastic dealership I bought it from doesn't care, but all the POS dealerships around Midland do...so there you have it...drive it like you stole it, and holler if your out this way.

Are you going to the Texas Shelby Run in Sept.?

Thanks for the help guys! Tell me more about this Texas Shelby run, where, and when.

Archived