TEAM SHELBY FORUM

tires?

navyboy12807

im in the process of purchasing a 07 shelby gt500 heavily motified puts 711rwhp and 695rwtq still needs to be tuned again, but my question is can i run a 315, 325,or 335 rear tire on a 20x10.5 or 11 inch wheel? can i do it on a 18inch wheels it has the frpp suspension package. please give me some guidance? any help would be greatfull!! the guy at true forged didnt know and didnt seem very knowledgable.

thanks

jon

You can do a little searching in the GT500 Modifications and Tech forum below. There are many discussions on this topic there. Here's one from today:

Link

thanks i did try and search couldnt really find what i was after, i wanted to know and see a pick of someone running a 315 or wider. i searched a combo of 315 rear tire and didnt really find what i was wanting to know. im in the process of purchasing the car and would like to buy wheels so i can put them on asap as the rear breaks lose easy 1-4 in boost.

Ok who's our big tire expert here that can help new member Jon out?

Steve

i think im really going to like this site just because of people like you. you dont find to many people like you in life that go that extra step!!!

ps hope i made your day! :salute:

315's won't clear factory geometry suspension.

If you have a Griggs rear suspension setup, you can add their '315 kit' shock brackets, allowing you to run 315's in the rear.

http://www.grigg ing.com/product_info.p...products_id=598

Ken

im running the frpp suspension kit and the Fays2 Watts Link would i still need this kit? and would i be able to run the 20s or 18s?

oh i forgot thanks for the info.

im running the frpp suspension kit and the Fays2 Watts Link would i still need this kit? and would i be able to run the 20s or 18s?

oh i forgot thanks for the info.

315's won't clear FRPP suspension, as far as I know. The Griggs kit only works because the coilover mount brackets are reversed, allowing for the additional clearance. I don't know of a similar solution with traditional dampers. Wheel diameter shouldn't make a difference, as long as the tire sidewall is sized properly to compensate.

Good luck.

Ken

315's won't clear FRPP suspension, as far as I know. The Griggs kit only works because the coilover mount brackets are reversed, allowing for the additional clearance. I don't know of a similar solution with traditional dampers. Wheel diameter shouldn't make a difference, as long as the tire sidewall is sized properly to compensate.

Good luck.

Ken

i guess the svt department didnt think this part throw to much :angry22: very fustrating and time consuming as i wish i could say hey i want those wheels with a 315, 325, or 335 rear tire and be done with it! :confused:

i guess the svt department didnt think this part throw to much :angry22: very fustrating and time consuming as i wish i could say hey i want those wheels with a 315, 325, or 335 rear tire and be done with it! :confused:

any one on here running a 315 or fatter tire on there gt500? if so could you chime in and let me how what you had to do to get them to work if anything?

thanks

jon

im in the process of purchasing a 07 shelby gt500 heavily motified puts 711rwhp and 695rwtq still needs to be tuned again, but my question is can i run a 315, 325,or 335 rear tire on a 20x10.5 or 11 inch wheel? can i do it on a 18inch wheels it has the frpp suspension package. please give me some guidance? any help would be greatfull!! the guy at true forged didnt know and didnt seem very knowledgable.

thanks

jon

You can go 20x11 with 315 steeda sells the rims and awhile ago, I read a write up on GT500 with those rear setup. I was going that way but steeda rims dont make me want switch. I tried to get my rims widen with no luck.

You can go 20x11 with 315 steeda sells the rims and awhile ago, I read a write up on GT500 with those rear setup. I was going that way but steeda rims dont make me want switch. I tried to get my rims widen with no luck.

greatly appreciated i will give steeda wheels a shot. do you have a link to the write or know where i could search?

thanks

jon

I have H&R SS Suspension (Springs/Shock's/Sway Bars) with 18in Shelby Type S1 Wheels, Rears widened to 11in and Toyo Proxes 315-35-18 will fit with this set-up. Seems several guys on here are running 335's with 11in Rears w no Problem.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=42662 Check this Thread out.

Archived