TEAM SHELBY FORUM

First MOD - JLT CAI and SCT X3 tune

doctorjay

14K miles on her and finally bit the bullet this summer and bought the JLT CAI and tuner. Just finally got around to intalling it Saturday. Only took about an hour total and looks terrific. Had a few questions and got an answering machine at JLT saying they were a little understaffed until Wednesday this week. Tried again today and got the same message twice. Anyway - my question is - I have only Mac computers at home so I did not do any kind of upgrade/update on the tuner before I hooked it up to the car. It recognized I had a GT500, I told it 91 octane, JLT CAI, and no other changes. Downloaded my tune fine, uploaded a new tune fine. I LOVE IT. Actually seems to shift more smoothly driving around town? When I stomp it and drop from 6th to 3rd at about 65 mph - it is amazing the difference in acceleration and how fast it gets to 100. :woot:

Do I need to do anything else? If I upgrade the tune do I have to download the tune on the SCT so I'll have my stock tune still accesible? Thanks guys. Now that the bug has bit - trying to decide between a short throw shifter or KR axlebacks.

They sell a very large volume of X3 tuners so you'll have the current version. As for the future, tune changes can be made using the Windows software from SCT but with a MAC you'll have to use someone's PC or like me I'll just mail it back to the tuner and also ask that they check for the latest software.

14K miles on her and finally bit the bullet this summer and bought the JLT CAI and tuner. Just finally got around to intalling it Saturday. Only took about an hour total and looks terrific. Had a few questions and got an answering machine at JLT saying they were a little understaffed until Wednesday this week. Tried again today and got the same message twice. Anyway - my question is - I have only Mac computers at home so I did not do any kind of upgrade/update on the tuner before I hooked it up to the car. It recognized I had a GT500, I told it 91 octane, JLT CAI, and no other changes. Downloaded my tune fine, uploaded a new tune fine. I LOVE IT. Actually seems to shift more smoothly driving around town? When I stomp it and drop from 6th to 3rd at about 65 mph - it is amazing the difference in acceleration and how fast it gets to 100. :woot:

Do I need to do anything else? If I upgrade the tune do I have to download the tune on the SCT so I'll have my stock tune still accesible? Thanks guys. Now that the bug has bit - trying to decide between a short throw shifter or KR axlebacks.

Unless you change something else more drastic you should have no need to update the tune. Axlebacks and such don't require a new tune. With the X3 you can make any necessary adjustments that you would need to make after a dyno tune or if you change gears or rear tire size. Very easy to do. I had my stage 2 kit on and then put on the drag radials then I got sick of driving with the GPS for correct MPH and finally got the tuner out and it was a piece of cake to change the tire revs/mile to adjust for the new tires.

Thank you for your order.

No need to do any updates to your tuner at all. Plug in, tune and go have fun, done! :)

Sorry we were short staffed last week, but were all back on the phones and can help you anytime.

Thanks

Jay

Jay

No problem, it really was an easy install and looks terrific. Sure the last of my original rubber is going to go real fast with the extra HP. Do folks really take it all back to original whenever they go in for service at the dealer after just doing a CAI ? If so I guess I'll be doing all my oil changes until I have a real problem come up.

jay

Archived