TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Heacock insurance

Just wanted to let you all know what I found out this morning about insuring our SS. We are picking it up in about two weeks and driving it home. I called our Allstate insurance and basically was told they would only insure it for value of the GT500, which I pretty much expected. He then told me he could write a policy through Haggerty and his quote was between $2100 and $2500 annually depending on deductibles. This was even higher than Haggerty gave me direct. Anyway after reading this forum and others I decided to contact Grundy and Heacock. Grundy was a lot better than Haggerty but not close to Heacock. To kind of summarize they quoted me a policy with a $100,000 value on the car, $300,000 liability coverage, 3000 miles a year use, (they will go as low as 1000 miles), and $500 deductible on both comp and collision. They have a lot of the same restrictions as all of them such as using it for track use, leaving it unattended for long periods of time, where is it stored/garaged, etc. The quoted me an annual premium of $1813 a year. Not great but ok. She the asked me if I was a member of any national clubs. When I told her I was a member of Team Shelby and MCA the quote dropped to $1023! This less than Allstate is insuring the GT500 for and we have a clean record and 30 years with them. Also they will issue temporary cards to have with us to drive it home and then send pictures and proof of conversion after we get it home. Sorry about the long windyness but thought anybody insurance shopping should consider them.

Just wanted to let you all know what I found out this morning about insuring our SS. We are picking it up in about two weeks and driving it home. I called our Allstate insurance and basically was told they would only insure it for value of the GT500, which I pretty much expected. He then told me he could write a policy through Haggerty and his quote was between $2100 and $2500 annually depending on deductibles. This was even higher than Haggerty gave me direct. Anyway after reading this forum and others I decided to contact Grundy and Heacock. Grundy was a lot better than Haggerty but not close to Heacock. To kind of summarize they quoted me a policy with a $100,000 value on the car, $300,000 liability coverage, 3000 miles a year use, (they will go as low as 1000 miles), and $500 deductible on both comp and collision. They have a lot of the same restrictions as all of them such as using it for track use, leaving it unattended for long periods of time, where is it stored/garaged, etc. The quoted me an annual premium of $1813 a year. Not great but ok. She the asked me if I was a member of any national clubs. When I told her I was a member of Team Shelby and MCA the quote dropped to $1023! This less than Allstate is insuring the GT500 for and we have a clean record and 30 years with them. Also they will issue temporary cards to have with us to drive it home and then send pictures and proof of conversion after we get it home. Sorry about the long windyness but thought anybody insurance shopping should consider them.

Sounds good.

Can you post some contact names / nubers ?

Also, what state are they listing you in.

Thanks for posting.

08SS0144

Sounds good.

Can you post some contact names / nubers ?

Also, what state are they listing you in.

Thanks for posting.

08SS0144

The person I talked to was Angela Burnett. The phone number is 800.678.5173. Also they are actually an insurance broker. The policy is underwritten by American Modern Insurance Group which I found carries an "A" rating. This was quoted for the state of Wyoming.

call Rachel, she can do better then Grundy and Heacock.

Rachel R. Miller

Servicing Agent Of

The Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Ins.

The Delp Company

1440 Arrowhead Drive

Maumee, Ohio 43537

Direct Phone: 419-794-1083

Direct Fax: 419-794-1083

Email: RMiller@delpcompany.com

call Rachel, she can do better then Grundy and Heacock.

Rachel R. Miller

Servicing Agent Of

The Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Ins.

The Delp Company

1440 Arrowhead Drive

Maumee, Ohio 43537

Direct Phone: 419-794-1083

Direct Fax: 419-794-1083

Email: RMiller@delpcompany.com

I want to thank you for popping my bubble. I had spent almost a week researching coverage for our car and thought I had found the deal. But seriously though I want to thank you a lot as I contacted Rachel and she was great. We ended up with a more coverage on liability ($500,000), and a 150% appreciation value of the stated 100K we assigned to the car, very few restrictions and $0 deductibles on comp and collision for less than $450 a year. Again thanks for your input as you saved us a bundle. Now all we need is for Sept 8th to arrive so we can pick up the car.

I want to thank you for popping my bubble. I had spent almost a week researching coverage for our car and thought I had found the deal. But seriously though I want to thank you a lot as I contacted Rachel and she was great. We ended up with a more coverage on liability ($500,000), and a 150% appreciation value of the stated 100K we assigned to the car, very few restrictions and $0 deductibles on comp and collision for less than $450 a year. Again thanks for your input as you saved us a bundle. Now all we need is for Sept 8th to arrive so we can pick up the car.

glad to hear she helped you :happy feet:

Hello All,

Help please.

I also checked with Rachelle Miller and she provided a great quote at a great Price.

Now my question - does anyone know anything about the company or have used it?

The company quote is from The Delp Company and the Insurance Carrier is shown as Chartis.

I know zip about both and cannot find either's ratings when I look on the net. Nor any info on either.

Any and all help and advice would be great.

Thanks,

David

Hello All,

Help please.

I also checked with Rachelle Miller and she provided a great quote at a great Price.

Now my question - does anyone know anything about the company or have used it?

The company quote is from The Delp Company and the Insurance Carrier is shown as Chartis.

I know zip about both and cannot find either's ratings when I look on the net. Nor any info on either.

Any and all help and advice would be great.

Thanks,

David

David, they were part of AIG and have seperated to their own entity I think they are tripple A rating and have been around for awhile. Both my Shelbys are insured by them. They were highly recommended by other Shelby owners from another forum. Excellent customer service.

David, they were part of AIG and have seperated to their own entity I think they are tripple A rating and have been around for awhile. Both my Shelbys are insured by them. They were highly recommended by other Shelby owners from another forum. Excellent customer service.

also endorsed by Barret-Jackson,

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/insurance/

Thanks for the info. I started with Hagerty a couple of years ago then signed with Heacock last year at SAAC show in NJ. Saved a lot then. Now I'm going to check with Rachelle Miller. Hopefully I'll get an even better rate. I have 3 Shelby's and a 1936 Ford Phaeton so a little savings on each car can amount to a big savings.

Oz

08SS0003

Thanks for the info. I started with Hagerty a couple of years ago then signed with Heacock last year at SAAC show in NJ. Saved a lot then. Now I'm going to check with Rachelle Miller. Hopefully I'll get an even better rate. I have 3 Shelby's and a 1936 Ford Phaeton so a little savings on each car can amount to a big savings.

Oz

08SS0003

they can also write insurance on your DD and house. I just did the Shelbys, the wife is a NW agent and was pissed I took the Shelbys off the policy :redcard:

This is very timely info, thanks guys.

I just bought a Ford GT and needed insurance ASAP.

Here is the car: http://www.eliteautosllc.com/vehicles.php/mode/view/id/214

bEAUTIFUL car.

I also am switching to this insurance company. There's No Limit on milage per year.

You'll have to take that baby down to Perry Ga. and show it it Mike Morris. He's at Wayne Morris Ford. they're off I-75 south of Macon, He'll love it.

MAMBA-SS

bEAUTIFUL car.

I also am switching to this insurance company. There's No Limit on milage per year.

You'll have to take that baby down to Perry Ga. and show it it Mike Morris. He's at Wayne Morris Ford. they're off I-75 south of Macon, He'll love it.

MAMBA-SS

Maybe I will, I hear he is a really nice guy..

I can't wait to get the car in about 10 days.

Elite is doing a bunch of extra stuff so I just have to be patient

but it ain't easy waiting.

After the mods it will look just like this one: http://www.eliteautosllc.com/vehicles.php/mode/view/id/213

also endorsed by Barret-Jackson,

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/insurance/

thanks for the link just got quoted $620/yr for agreed value of 100K for my supersnake. 500 comp/collision. 0$ deductable. maximum 2500 miles/yr. must be locked up in a garage when not driving. will guarantee use of originial parts if available to repair any damage. seems like a good deal. anyone seen better aout there?

Ron

I mentioned this in a previous forum.

NCM Insurance. My quote, 3K miles, 90K insured value, just over $500.00. That's right, you don't have to own a Corvette with them, (National Corvette Museum).

My existing is Heacock, only 1K miles, $750.00/yr. Will change 11-09

OBSERVE...............

Total Annual Premium for Quote: $ 537.00

Is auto(s) garaged at your mailing address? Yes

Auto Garaged State: NV

Liability Coverages -

Combined Single Liability Limit & Premium: $ 300,000.00

Combined Single Liability Premium: $ 38.00

UM - Uninsured Motorists Limit: $ 300,000.00

UM - Uninsured Motorists Premium: $ 26.00

Medical Coverage Limit: $1,000.00

Medical Coverage Premium: $ 7.00

Spare Parts: $ 0.00

Towing: $ 10.00

Car Club Discount:

Car Club Discount Amount: $ 0.00

Mature Operator Accident Prevention Course Discount:

Mature Operator Accident Prevention Course Discount Amount: $ 0.00

Air Bag Discount: yes

Air Bag Discount Amount: $ 6.60

Anti-Lock Brakes Discount: yes

Anti-Lock Brakes Discount Amount. $ 24.30

Anti-Theft Device Discount:

Anti-Theft Device Discount Amount: N/A

Large Collection Discount:

Large Collection Discount Amount: $ 0.00

Auto Coverage -

Auto #1

2008 Ford Mustang Super Shelby

Modified: yes

Value: $ 90,000.00

Mileage Plan: 3000

Auto Classification: Custom

Collision Deductible: $ 2,500.00

Collision Premium: $ 198.00

Other Than Collision Deductible: $ 2,500.00

Other Than Collision Premium: $ 234.00

Safety Glass Coverage: $ 55.00

Nine to Five: N/A

Thx ORNGCRSH

looks like the difference is about 80 bucks per year...

you have a little bit lower policy limits ($300K with corvette club vs $500K with Delp)

you have higher deductables ($2,500 with corvette club vs $0 with Delp)

you have a lower agreed value ($90K with corvette club and $100K with Delp)

you can drive your car more (3000 miles/yr with corvette club vs 2500 miles/yr with Delp)

I think probably the Delp is a better deal for me....

plus I'm not sure I could get over having my shelby insured by a corvette club!! :hysterical:

anyone else see some good deals out there?!? I'm planning on buying this policy next week if nothing else comes up.

Ron

Thx ORNGCRSH

looks like the difference is about 80 bucks per year...

you have a little bit lower policy limits ($300K with corvette club vs $500K with Delp)

you have higher deductables ($2,500 with corvette club vs $0 with Delp)

you have a lower agreed value ($90K with corvette club and $100K with Delp)

you can drive your car more (3000 miles/yr with corvette club vs 2500 miles/yr with Delp)

I think probably the Delp is a better deal for me....

plus I'm not sure I could get over having my shelby insured by a corvette club!! :hysterical:

anyone else see some good deals out there?!? I'm planning on buying this policy next week if nothing else comes up.

Ron

Also, one of the biggies besides the differences quoted above is that should the car appreciate in value and it is determined a total loss they will insure up to 150% of agreed value when policy was written and, heaven forbid, the value goes down they will replace at agreed value when policy was written.

Also, one of the biggies besides the differences quoted above is that should the car appreciate in value and it is determined a total loss they will insure up to 150% of agreed value when policy was written and, heaven forbid, the value goes down they will replace at agreed value when policy was written.

good point thanks I failed to mention....

Ron

Just curious - Does everyone really ONLY drive their cars 3000 miles or less per year?? I don't want to rack up the miles but I certainly don't want to just sit in the garage and polish mine. I keep asking for 5000 miles as I have searched for insurance and keep getting either rejected or a HUGE increase in the quote. Do you all just lie about the mileage to the insurance companies or do you really not drive them that much?!?!?!

Just curious - Does everyone really ONLY drive their cars 3000 miles or less per year?? I don't want to rack up the miles but I certainly don't want to just sit in the garage and polish mine. I keep asking for 5000 miles as I have searched for insurance and keep getting either rejected or a HUGE increase in the quote. Do you all just lie about the mileage to the insurance companies or do you really not drive them that much?!?!?!

Poohtang I generally drive on the weekends.

I bought my '07 GT500 in oct 2006 and just hit 11K miles...

so I do drive her but not my daily driver. Now that she is SS I am probably going to decrease the mileage some but still about 2500 miles per year is about right.

Ron

I also checked the Delp option and found I could cut my insurance payment in half for the 68 Coupe and the 07 Shelby. Only problem was the 2500 miles per year limit. I plan to make at least one road trip a year with the Shelby (the past 3 years these trips have averaged 2000 + miles round trip). Therefore, I can't go with this policy as I intend to enjoy the Shelby.

We picked our car up in Nov of 2006 in Colorado and when we got her home in Wyoming there was snow on the ground. It now has 4100 total miles which includes the 1600 miles to SAI and back. So because of the possibility of nasty weather for about 6 months of the year (the car is parked for this time) the mileage restriction doesn't affect us at all. If we should happen to get a nice day in the winter months there is so much sand and junk left on the streets you don't want to drive it anyway.

Just to clarify, I have asked the folks at Delp about the mileage restriction. They clarified to me that they DO NOT have any restrictions on mileage, just that the vehicle is not a daily driver, stored in the garage, etc. They recommend less then 2,500 miles per year, but it isn't a requirement. I asked as I typically put closer to 3k miles a year (two years old in 2 weeks with 5900 miles on it) and they said that was fine.

Just to clarify, I have asked the folks at Delp about the mileage restriction. They clarified to me that they DO NOT have any restrictions on mileage, just that the vehicle is not a daily driver, stored in the garage, etc. They recommend less then 2,500 miles per year, but it isn't a requirement. I asked as I typically put closer to 3k miles a year (two years old in 2 weeks with 5900 miles on it) and they said that was fine.

thats what they told me as well, Double X

Archived