TEAM SHELBY FORUM

new addition to evo performance

9sechatch

here i am nontheless.

i am mike williamson and i go by mikey. been messing with turbo'd cars since 95, mainly with the 86-7 turbo t's and grand nationals. working for grand national specialties. and i know none of you want to hear it but i am also an avid SFWD sport front wheel drive competitor. yes wrong wheel drive. the torqueless wonder you may say.

but before you all go running for the hills, i have pretty much heard it all. only 4 cyls, take the turbo off, yadda yadda. ask yourself this, show me another engine making 400whp per liter of displacement. he hee.

i moderate the forced induction and drag racing boards on another site, and have come here since joining up with evolution performance. i am looking around and learning. these cars are different than what i am used to. it is amazing how well the gt500's respond to upgrades.

so let the hazing begin if you will, and if you are interested, the red civic in my avatar is my car. 1.9 liters, 36 psi t3t67 turbo, 2600lbs with me in it, made 710whp and 500wtq with the exhaust on it. took it off and picked up 3 more psi at the track, havent had it on the dyno since.

since the wrong wheel drive, you can immagine it is a little hard to get the car too hook. i am still learning the car, and with more seat time, sub 10 sec passes will accompany the already 147mph trap speeds. best so far, was a 10.40 at 147 with a 1.68 short on spent slicks.

thank you, and take care

-mikey

Welcome Mikey,

My shop specializes in Honda and Toyota repair....family cars. I can appreciate the fact that they can make some big hp. I just dynoed a turbo Corrolla that he tuned until he beat my Whipple 2.9 hp...just to do it. But I'm not done yet! But neither is he!

nah i try to use punctuation, for the most part. but since i was never really formally taught to type correctly, my fingers tend to argue with me while typing. he hee. so unless it is a formal letter, capitalization isnt something i worry about.

oh and on a side note, no c. mickey is as in mickey mouse. he hee. mikey as in mikey likes it (life cereal)

Oops, I'm sorry I misspelled your name Mikey.

Mikey, Mikey, Mikey, Mikey, Mikey, Mikey, Mikey, Mikey, Mikey, Mikey, Mikey, Mikey, Mikey, Mikey, Mikey, Mikey, Mikey, Mikey, Mikey, Mikey, Mikey, Mikey, Mikey, Mikey, Mikey, Mikey, Mikey, Mikey, Mikey, Mikey, Mikey, Mikey, Mikey, Mikey, Mikey, Mikey, Mikey, Mikey,

Ok, I won't make that mistake again.

i wasnt yelling at you. i just get that mistake alot, and the wife did it on my birthday cake too. or maybe the bakery did, i cant remember. im not mad at you.

No offense taken, I didn't take it as yelling. It was my mistake. Looking forward to future info exchanges.

• 1 month later...

took the car to english town for the fall nationals, qualified 6th out of 16 cars with a 10.37..with a friend driving this weekend, he and the car had a personal best of a 9.98 @ 147. if you are into that kind of thing, enjoy the video. launched at 7800-8000 shifting at 10,600

• 2 weeks later...

Not to be a dick

But with money and time anything can be made fast, but at the end of the day it is still an ugly pos civic so why bother

Anotherwords it would be like one of us bragging about beating a new lambo because we put a few bucks into our cars, but at the end of the day, it aint no lambo!

At least a stock GT500 is a reprutable car and fast stock as well and looks great as well, a stock civic offers nthing more than public transporation and a civic is certainly not going to impress any ladies,that is for sure

With that out of the way, welcome and thanks for sharing, Im just busting your balls :)

• 2 weeks later...
Not to be a dick

But with money and time anything can be made fast, but at the end of the day it is still an ugly pos civic so why bother

Anotherwords it would be like one of us bragging about beating a new lambo because we put a few bucks into our cars, but at the end of the day, it aint no lambo!

At least a stock GT500 is a reprutable car and fast stock as well and looks great as well, a stock civic offers nthing more than public transporation and a civic is certainly not going to impress any ladies,that is for sure

With that out of the way, welcome and thanks for sharing, Im just busting your balls :)

ah its cool, even when i had my turbo t i got it from all my mustang friends back in 95 and 96. its nothing i havent heard before. im busting balls here too, but for a little car making almost 400 whp per litre, thats pretty bad ass. (thats about 6hp per cube)

in the end its just a number. but to back it, it traps 147 (sp far, the tuner says we can get 152 out of her) and traps 119 in the 1/8 mile. i am in the process of getting her ready for the world cup finals at budds creek. import vs. domestic.

wether you like them or not, there is always a hell of a showing from both sides. if you are in the va md area, near budds creek md, thats the place to bee first weekend in november.

and i still hear it from my shop teacher 16 years later. his response, put those 2 turbos on a v8 and see. i know there is no replacement for displacement, but im still fascinated what people can do with what they have.

Mikey,

Welcome. It's funny b/c I remember racing my blown 5.0 Mustang back in the mid-'90s and running 10s with A/C, a stereo, and driving it to and from the track. Those trailer-queen, big-block guys would say things like "take off the blower, yadda, yadda, yadda". That was stupid to me then, and it would be stupid of me now to tell you to do the same thing.

I also remember racing rice-burners out there and these silly kids said (and I quote), "cut your motor in half and we'll see how you run", to which I replied... "I'd only beat your sorry, gutted 14.8 second Honda by 200' instead of 400'." Cut your motor in half... are people serious?

Anyway, the point is... it is what it is. It runs 147mph traps, which is absurdly fast. Good job, and good luck.

thanks for all the kind words.

my true hardcore hot rod friends know whats up.

as for the 147, we hope there is another 3-5mph left in her as we have really reached the limit of the t3t67 on the car. it is out of breath where we are running it, so best thing we can do is to get the car to front half better, still only cutting low 1.6's but a low 1.6 spinning is better than a 1.5 dead hook in my case anyday.

driving on the street? when she was around 350 whp i had the most fun driving the car. sadly with theft as rampant as it is, you cant. leave it for 10 minutes, its gone.

plus, i have a 700$ fuel pump hanging where the rear bumper support used to be, so even a small collision would be disasterous. that and the roll cage, isnt really head friendly.

Let me just tell you all, i had the ......oportunity to ride in that little civic and is wicked fast!!! I was begging Mikey to stop, and i was holding on to the roll gage while massive explosions (shifting at redline) were taking place all around me!!!!!! That car is craaaazyy!!

Funny thing is i got out of it and when i was looking at the motor, i just could not believe how such a small engine can take all that boost and make all that power. Really impressive!

Mikey, i'll see you next week man....

Archived