TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New KONI coilovers installed this week

Nice. Get them dialed in yet?

Steve

Thanks. I did set the ride height, and as far as the dampening, I set them up like I had the other KONIs. Still handles like a go kart around turns but with added stiffness from the race springs.

What front/rear springs did you go with? I used 275 fr and 225 rr but after the first time on a fast track two weekends ago I need to add a bit more front spring like maybe 325's. Wanna see something a little scary with the ride hieght you picked? Check out how much (little) compression travel you have now. Anything less than 3" is questionable IMO. Likely you have closer to 2" The Koni Yeloos didn't come with bump stops, did you source some out, the struts will not take kindly to being 'bottomed out' (end of travel) repeatedly.

Alan

What front/rear springs did you go with? I used 275 fr and 225 rr but after the first time on a fast track two weekends ago I need to add a bit more front spring like maybe 325's. Wanna see something a little scary with the ride hieght you picked? Check out how much (little) compression travel you have now. Anything less than 3" is questionable IMO. Likely you have closer to 2" The Koni Yeloos didn't come with bump stops, did you source some out, the struts will not take kindly to being 'bottomed out' (end of travel) repeatedly.

Alan

Thanks for the info. I went with 400 front and 300 rear. It really doesn't move much at all. I didn't add any bump stops. So far seems fine, but I see your point.

How many turns on each did you find works for your car? You have the yellow's?? I'm using the info from some SCCA racers that said full in rear and 1 turn in the front on the orange KONIs. That's how I had it set up for over 14 years with the orange KONIS that I took off.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived