TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New book about CSX2601

twobjshelbys

Peter Brock and Mecum Auctions have published a new book about CSX2601. My copy arrived today and let me tell you, it's gorgeous - the photos are wonderful. They are signed.

If you are a fan of these truly award winning cars, hurry. They only printed 100, and when I ordered mine on Thursday Gail Brock (Peter's wife) said that they had maybe 20 left. The Club Cobra crowd is picking them up like crazy. Go to Brock's web site at www.bre2.net and click on their contact us page and call them. Gail said they were leaving town Friday AM to make a delivery so they might not be back until next week.

It's alot of very good pictures. I will read it tomorrow.

After I read it it goes to Bondurant for a signature.

Edit 2:

Sorry, here are some details.

The title is Cobra Daytona Coupe CSX 2601 by Peter Brock. Photography by Peter Brock, David Friedman, David Newhardt and Drew Phillips.

It is published by Mecum Auctions and does not have an ISBN number.

The book is about 11" x 9", 65 pages.

Price is $49.00 + $4.80 S&H (that was from the Club Cobra site, the charge has not yet hit my card and I didn't think to ask.)

Details? Size, price, number of type of photos?

I've got the Daytona book he was involved with along with Friedman and Stauffer and it sounds like it might be a good addition.

Info added to root post.

I'm a little reluctant to add a photograph of the cover because it is all about the photographs. The Brock web site does not have any info - I found out about it from someone who was at the Monteray auction where he had the books.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Peter Brock and Mecum Auctions have published a new book about CSX2601. My copy arrived today and let me tell you, it's gorgeous - the photos are wonderful. They are signed.

If you are a fan of these truly award winning cars, hurry. They only printed 100, and when I ordered mine on Thursday Gail Brock (Peter's wife) said that they had maybe 20 left. The Club Cobra crowd is picking them up like crazy. Go to Brock's web site at www.bre2.net and click on their contact us page and call them. Gail said they were leaving town Friday AM to make a delivery so they might not be back until next week.

It's alot of very good pictures. I will read it tomorrow.

After I read it it goes to Bondurant for a signature.

Edit 2:

Sorry, here are some details.

The title is Cobra Daytona Coupe CSX 2601 by Peter Brock. Photography by Peter Brock, David Friedman, David Newhardt and Drew Phillips.

It is published by Mecum Auctions and does not have an ISBN number.

The book is about 11" x 9", 65 pages.

Price is $49.00 + $4.80 S&H (that was from the Club Cobra site, the charge has not yet hit my card and I didn't think to ask.)

I got my copy at the Monterey Historics where Peter Brock was available to sign the book in person. He was very friendly and willing to pose for the camera..

IMG_0106_0262.jpg

• 1 month later...

Got my copy in the mail yesterday, and very pleased with it. Great pictures, old and new. I purchased it from the Brock website and his wife signed the recepirt with thanks. Very nice of her, and of course the book is signed. As a Daytona Coupe fan it will sit well with the larger and more famous Daytona Coupe book. I see them on ebay going for twice the price. If you want one, get it from the source and pay the more reasonable price.

I got mine signed by Allen Grant, Bob Bondurant and others at the Shelby American Collection annual gathering in December, 2009. Regrettably, Carroll couldn't be there.

DSC_6141.jpg

DSC_6142.jpg

I also got my copy of A.J. Baime's Go Like Hell: Ford, Ferrari, and Their Battle For Speed and Glory at Le Mans

DSC_6143.jpg

Archived