TEAM SHELBY FORUM

First Impressions and feedback

Had my 725 HP SS one week now so here is some early impression and feedback to SAI

Overall I LOVE the car and LOVE the color. when i bought the GT500 in 2007 black stripes were not an option so I went with white. I am glad to be back to black. the orange and black really set one another off!

The service at SAI was great. I got prompt return of phone calls and all questions answered that I sent in.

Bud went out of his way to find and send me a poster of a Grabber 427 SS at the raceway and it hangs in my garage! Thanks Bud! nothing impresses me more that when people go above and beyond their "job description"

The Good:

-The rims make the car. beautiful to see in person.

-The stance is lower and more aggressive than standard GT500

-The power is incredible... hard to believe with a tune and a pulley you can increase to near 800RWHP!

-The hood is incredible. a nice angry look that is unmistakable.

-The q-ball shifter is great (small detail but adds to the car)

-This car stops more traffic and turns more heads than anything i have ever owned. people are constantly taking pictures and staring.

-The cooling upgrade is a must... you should really not offer the car without the additional cooling capacity IMHO.

-handling is noticeably better. car feels less heavy than it did before. I have not really tested the handling upgrades as of yet.

The Bad:

-For the money spent these cars should be DETAILED when they leave SAI.

-The detailing step would not only improve customer satisfaction, but be a good quality assurance tool (if you detail a car well you will not miss any flaws that may be present)...maybe have it detailed by a third party who could then create a "report" on a list of quality checks.

-3.73 gear is a little too low for me in a car with this power

-The exhaust is completely eclipsed by the supercharger at WOT... would like a little more aggressive sounding exhaust.

-Rear tires need to be wider

-The rear diffuser should be carbon fiber like the rest of the skirting!

-the hood pin protector disks mounted on the hood get scuffed very easily... maybe go with another design that ddoes not scratch so easily.

-use a standard "barcode" progress tracker so that owners know where there cars are in the process. Example: As customer smith's SS goes through paint, they scan the barcode and customer smith gets an automatic email telling him what stations done and what are left to do. would help with customer satisfaction and also help internal tracking.

-Be sure tell the customer a more realistic timeframe for finishing the car.

-I agree with Jim that a formal brief "owners manual" would be nice to have for new SS owners.

-Cost is a bit high, but i understand that no one is forced to buy the car... we do pay a heavy premium for the "Shelby" name, though!

this is just constructive feedback for SAI and others to consider... is NOT meant to be malicious in any way. I LOVE the car and am very happy with the final product... now i just need to get the nerve up to really drive it like i stole it!

Ron

Glad you are enjoying your Super Snake. We do listen and take your feedback seriously.

Based on the recent feedback we are looking a taking all of the information from the parts vendors and having a PDF file to send for reference. Saves trees! :)

We do recommend you follow all factory guidelines regarding maintenance schedules. We do not change engine oil, the rear axle assembly is standard Ford issue for their limited slip. The Kenne Bell manual has recommended maintenance schedules. If you did not receive one with your build we will have this on a PDF file to send to you.

There is no specific instruction provided in the Eibach box for coil over adjustment. We are working on this also. We will have all of the installation instructions in PDF for brakes, cooling system and suspension.

Give us a little time and we will be able to send a complete file for the SS owners in one email.

I hope this helps all that had questions and some great suggestions.

Roger

Glad you are enjoying your Super Snake. We do listen and take your feedback seriously.

Based on the recent feedback we are looking a taking all of the information from the parts vendors and having a PDF file to send for reference. Saves trees! :)

We do recommend you follow all factory guidelines regarding maintenance schedules. We do not change engine oil, the rear axle assembly is standard Ford issue for their limited slip. The Kenne Bell manual has recommended maintenance schedules. If you did not receive one with your build we will have this on a PDF file to send to you.

There is no specific instruction provided in the Eibach box for coil over adjustment. We are working on this also. We will have all of the installation instructions in PDF for brakes, cooling system and suspension.

Give us a little time and we will be able to send a complete file for the SS owners in one email.

Roger

Thanks Roger.

All of these documents in a PDF file will enhance ownership understanding of a very complex machine. I would also recommend that one of the more highly experienced Master Technicians write a Preface document that would precede the Tech information for each high performance component that is included in the build of the car. The Preface would explain in detail what the car is designed to do; compents functionailty and how they synchronize all together to produce the designed performance.

I would be happy to assist in this endeavour for the owners and SAI if you want to connect me with the assigned Tech(s) where we could work together to bring forth a very comprehensive product for the owners and for the general public. From an SAI business perspective, I can tell you that an extensive Owner's Manual / Tech Guide of this sort would expand and highly compliment the SS, and at the same time add a tremendous value for potential customers who would be enticed to invest in an SS; this would be an outstanding PR tool for SAI business practices and will positively impact the volume of interest.

I spent 30 years flying, studying, and testing fixed and rotary wing aircraft (in particular medium and heavy lift transport helicopters) in the USMC, so I have experience writing such technical engineering manuals. The document would also include important "Safety" aspects as well, which is paramount for the would be owner who would always have that safety periphial while taking the SS to it's limits.

The SS is a world class Super Muscle Car and deserves every detail from an operational standpoint that can be included for the owner and the public. These additions will also add more value to the SAI Company as a whole, and to the owner's cars.

Let us know how we the owners can assist. :shift:

Jim

Roger

Thanks Roger for listening. this would be helpful

please strongly consider adding a car detail to the delivery of every SS... Again it would probably cost SAI very little and would go a long way towards customer satisfaction... and by detailing the cars you would have someone pouring over the details of the car prior to delivery and therefore catching anything missed.

it is just short of insulting to pay almost $40K for an upgrade and get a filthy car back IMO.

Ron

Roger

Thanks for listening SAI and responding Roger......:)

Archived