TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Removing Cobra Emblems

2sharpie

Has anyone tried to remove their Cobra side emblems?? I just got a set of black ones for my '10 (although it wont be here until 9/20 :banghead: ). I know about using the floss to separate the adhesive, but after that, does it just come straight off?? They have 2 posts on the back but I would assume that is just for centering.

Thanks..............

Has anyone tried to remove their Cobra side emblems?? I just got a set of black ones for my '10 (although it wont be here until 9/20 :banghead: ). I know about using the floss to separate the adhesive, but after that, does it just come straight off?? They have 2 posts on the back but I would assume that is just for centering.

Thanks..............

Where did you get black ones?

Steve

Thanks..............

The method that works for me - heat up the emblem slightly with a hairdryer or heat gun, then use 30# test fishing line and gently move back and forth behind the emblem.

It will pop right off. The two posts go in the alignment holes in the fender.

@2Sharpie :I used fishing line to remove the cobra emblems on my old car...works like a dream. Just go slow...and be sure that the line is always closer to the emblem than the paint of your car. It will get quite hot. It may leave some adhesive still on the car by doing this..but usually can be removed with some wax and some effort and that way there's no damage to the paint.

My old car did not have posts on the cobra emblem when I removed them...there were holes underneath them more than likely for the "GT" emblem. (incidentally the reason I had to remove them was that they weren't straight to begin with and I reapplied them afterwards)

Thanks..............

You're banging your head for stupid emblems to arrive? Why don't you tint your windows or buy a crown air freshener for the dash? What did you do when you were waiting for your car that makes the emblems so important to bang a head?

just kidding with ya....

Yeah, where did ya get them? Would be awsome on my black/black. Tell me soon so I can get them and show you what it will look like when you get your GT500...Just teasing :drool:

Seriously though, where did you get them?

He's not going to tell us. He will have the only car in the US with Black Cobras on it, way too cool.

That sorry rascal.... :D :D

Steve

You're banging your head for stupid emblems to arrive? Why don't you tint your windows or buy a crown air freshener for the dash? What did you do when you were waiting for your car that makes the emblems so important to bang a head?

just kidding with ya....

No.........I'm banging my head because my CAR doesnt arrive until 09/20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived