TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Race preparation: TAPE UP THE FRONT END....

Ok guys, I need your help......

I am racing my SGT next week for 2 days at Thunderbolt Raceway (2.3 mile road course) and want to protect the front end of the car.

Ive seen several different methods for doing this.....

but I wanted to draw on the amazing depth of knowledge that lives here on Team Shelby......

The temps will be in the 80s those 2 days........

what should I use?

Use rubbing alcohol on the areas you want to tape up. Use the medium stick 3M blue tape and you will be fine. Just keep in mind that tape wont stop all flying debris. Keep your distance from anything with race compound tires on it. Otherwise when they go full throttle the stones go at the car behind them. My SGT took a beating like that once, just once.

Use rubbing alcohol on the areas you want to tape up. Use the medium stick 3M blue tape and you will be fine. Just keep in mind that tape wont stop all flying debris. Keep your distance from anything with race compound tires on it. Otherwise when they go full throttle the stones go at the car behind them. My SGT took a beating like that once, just once.

+1 That's what I used for my drive to Dearborn from Chicago and after 5 hours of highway driving it stayed on! Came right off, bugs and all!

:happy feet:

I am racing my SGT next week for 2 days at Thunderbolt Raceway (2.3 mile road course) and want to protect the front end of the car.

but I wanted to draw on the amazing depth of knowledge that lives here on Team Shelby......

what should I use?

First, when I race, 'My Terlingua', I wash it real good, in carrot juice and Astroglide.

Then after letting it sit in the sun for 2 hours, while playing, Chris Isaak's, Wicked Game', on the car stereo, 'I gently wipe it off with a chamois, more astroglide, and a bottle of Tequila.

The final step is to drive super fast, on the track, and stay in front of everyone, therefore avoiding any track debris except for , 'Bugs'....

Which get drunk from the Tequila and slip off, on the Astroglide, and smack the car behind me.

There ya Go. :beerchug: :peelout:

First, when I race, 'My Terlingua', I wash it real good, in carrot juice and Astroglide.

Then after letting it sit in the sun for 2 hours, while playing, Chris Isaak's, Wicked Game', on the car stereo, 'I gently wipe it off with a chamois, more astroglide, and a bottle of Tequila.

The final step is to drive super fast, on the track, and stay in front of everyone, therefore avoiding any track debris except for , 'Bugs'....

Which get drunk from the Tequila and slip off, on the Astroglide, and smack the car behind me.

There ya Go. :beerchug: :peelout:

Ok, screw the tape, Im in...........

Ive got some 1800, where can I get Astroglide?

Wicked, here is what I bought which I believe is the same thing others are selling....$29.95 You could do your front bumper w/ painters tape and then put this on the nose of the hood and the winshield to provide some rock chip protection....Craig

road wrap

A friend just used that on his Shelby and says its pretty good stuff.

what should I use?

Go get another car you can take to the track and don't have to worry about.... It looks better, you won't have to spend another minute of your life fretting over small things, and there's nothing to take off. That's how I approach it anyway. The Shelby Kool-Aid is starting to wear off for me..... I'm getting to enjoy the car more and more and whoever gets it after me is gonna have a heck of a time looking at all the :censored: it's been put through! If it's really a long term investment and you hope to have some value in it later and don't take it to the track. my .02! Enjoy!

Archived