TEAM SHELBY FORUM

WHISKEY, TANGO, FOXTROT???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustan...d=p4506.c0.m245

Notice the SS badging AND all the inconsistencies but the name/address and the company go together. :headscratch:

“0” feedback and “0” bids,… go figure.

With all the fakes out there This CAN’T be legit!

I guess we’ll have to ask “Carol Shebly” if SHE knows anything about this.

"Although this is not a certified Super Snake, I own the Company that hauls all of the Shelby Mustangs out of Carol Shleby's place in Las Vegas, so more or less he built me this one as a favor."

Yeah, I call complete bovine feces on this one. If Carroll "more or less built one" for him, then why does he have two invoices from MRT showing all of the upfits that they did on the car?

And although I can't be 100% certain because of the pictures, the wheels may be Alcoas, but they don't appear to have "Super Snake" engraved on them. He doesn't even have a TVS, MRT just installed a 2.6 pully on the stock blower.

Hey Roger, are you seeing this? Does the VIN come back to a Super Snake in the registry?

El Toro poo-poo.

"Although this is not a certified Super Snake, I own the Company that hauls all of the Shelby Mustangs out of Carol Shleby's place in Las Vegas, so more or less he built me this one as a favor."

Yeah, I call complete bovine feces on this one. If Carroll "more or less built one" for him, then why does he have two invoices from MRT showing all of the upfits that they did on the car?

And although I can't be 100% certain because of the pictures, the wheels may be Alcoas, but they don't appear to have "Super Snake" engraved on them. He doesn't even have a TVS, MRT just installed a 2.6 pully on the stock blower.

Hey Roger, are you seeing this? Does the VIN come back to a Super Snake in the registry?

El Toro poo-poo.

Really! which is it "More" or "Less"? I say "Less".

It's really nothing more than a stock GT500 w/hood, side scoops, stock Alcoa's and w/o dashplate/CSM. The badges appear to be "accurate" but wasn't someone reproducing these a few months ago? If you look @ his other auction, that vehicle appears to be in the same driveway. :shrug:

I sold Ed this car!!! It was on the showroom floor. When they delivered 08SS0003 they picked the GT500 up!

Ed is a good guy. I was thinking that Shelby was going to do something for him because he delivered ALL the SGTs!!! He did delivery my car and took them all back out last year for the bash!

I do agree with yall. Shelby didnt have anything to do with this car. Im pretty sure that the folks I asked said they never heard of this car.

MM

I sold Ed this car!!! It was on the showroom floor. When they delivered 08SS0003 they picked the GT500 up!

Ed is a good guy. I was thinking that Shelby was going to do something for him because he delivered ALL the SGTs!!! He did delivery my car and took them all back out last year for the bash!

I do agree with yall. Shelby didnt have anything to do with this car. Im pretty sure that the folks I asked said they never heard of this car.

MM

No doubt Michael; I was thinking maybe the photos were stolen from the owner and used to try to scam a potential buyer. But what about the badging?

Oh really???!!! Mr. Shelby built this car as a favor and in the heading of the add your calling this car a Super Snake??? How about adding "CLONE." He uses Mr. Shelby's name to advertise that this is a "Special Super Snake" car built just for him; not according to the invoices as the mods to this car were done at a speed shop in MI.

I totally agree with Son of GT "complete bovine feces on this one." This car is NOT a Super Snake and should not be advertised as such. All the small print BS wording in the add is pitiful. Why doesn't he call it a clone up front? Anything to make a buck by capitalizing on a car that he didn't pay full price for a transformation. This is disturbing as the real cars are devalued when a fake car like this can't even make the $50K first bid!

"This vehicle has all the exact markings, body moldings, wheels, emblems, and Striping as an original Certified Super Snake, with many other upgrades that are shown in the photos."

:redcard: The stripes are not SS. The wheels may not be either. The window scoops are wrong. I would bet he didn't get the SS badges from SAI. While he does say it is not a certified SS, I think this ad verges on fraud. How many of you consider going back to the stock stripes an upgrade?

I think someone from SAI should have a chat with Ed because this is not cool. Especially the fake SS badges. He should remove the SS badges and sell it as a clone.

I am looking for a car carrier now. I will be crossing Accurate Auto Carriers off my list.

"This vehicle has all the exact markings, body moldings, wheels, emblems, and Striping as an original Certified Super Snake, with many other upgrades that are shown in the photos."

:redcard: The stripes are not SS. The wheels may not be either. The window scoops are wrong. I would bet he didn't get the SS badges from SAI. While he does say it is not a certified SS, I think this ad verges on fraud. How many of you consider going back to the stock stripes an upgrade?

I think someone from SAI should have a chat with Ed because this is not cool. Especially the fake SS badges. He should remove the SS badges and sell it as a clone.

I am looking for a car carrier now. I will be crossing Accurate Auto Carriers off my list.

As much as I enjoyed doing business with Accurate ( they hauled my Snake to Vegas and back after being "re-born ) I would have to agree with you on this one.

Not cool at all to try and pass this off as a "special Super-Snake" :censored:

Someone from SAI should definitely look into this one.

08SS0144

MM

Sorry Michael; Ed is NOT a good guy. This is a very bad scam.

Also interesting that there is a picture of the interior of the car without a signed dash and a picture of a signed dash. If you look closely at the signed dash - it is not mounted.

And the invoices are from Michigan :hysterical::hysterical:

No SS console door cover, headrest covers or floor mats...........

R

that was the first thing I noticed too - the advertisement should be clear to even the casual observer that it is a GT 500 with Super Snake styling but not an authentic Super Snake - especially in the headline - lots of nice clones but clearly advertise a clone as a clone

edit - real GT 500 - clone SS

Archived