TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby cs6 grills?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

ARMORINE

whats holding up the cs6 grills? i talked to my parts supplier and they said the grills are made but the shelby lettereings not ready? what gives people 6 months on order and nothing(finaly got my dead pedal)

whats with the shortage here? are they that hard to make? is some guy out back with plastic, wire and a zippo liter?, is he making this stuff by hand?(would be awsome but no :hysterical:)

can we get a comment from some one up top on this?

who else has a cs6 grill on order?

FYI,

These grills are not made at Shelby Automobiles. They are made by a vendor. Shelby Performance Parts may have issues with the vendor supply. Maybe you do not need to go the top at Shelby but Shelby Performance Parts instead. Two different companies.

Oh, if you are putting this on the GT it is not a CS6 grill it is the CS8. Two different sizes entirely. I know there are no shortages of the CS6 grill.

Roger

FYI,

These grills are not made at Shelby Automobiles. They are made by a vendor. Shelby Performance Parts may have issues with the vendor supply. Maybe you do not need to go the top at Shelby but Shelby Performance Parts instead. Two different companies.

Oh, if you are putting this on the GT it is not a CS6 grill it is the CS8. Two different sizes entirely. I know there are no shortages of the CS6 grill.

Roger

well guess its the cs8 the shop ordered, its going on my sgt.

Hi All,

Here is the latest that I know on the CS8 grilles. We had a prototype made up and it was sent to us to make sure of the fit. The openings for the driving lights had to be opened up a bit. and sent it back for the vendor to correct. The delay we are running into now is the mesh its self. I was told it could take up to 4 weeks (that was 2 weeks ago) to get in.

The vender did do a great job on these too. The prototype that came back is sweet. And yes, one will be going on my car too :)

Helaina, as soon as it hits, I will make sure I get it out to you ASAP!!!!!! :)

And as soon as they hit, I will also notify SPP so they can make sure they get enough for their stock and for the ones who ordered them and are waiting on them.

Bud

Hi All,

Here is the latest that I know on the CS8 grilles. We had a prototype made up and it was sent to us to make sure of the fit. The openings for the driving lights had to be opened up a bit. and sent it back for the vendor to correct. The delay we are running into now is the mesh its self. I was told it could take up to 4 weeks (that was 2 weeks ago) to get in.

The vender did do a great job on these too. The prototype that came back is sweet. And yes, one will be going on my car too :)

Helaina, as soon as it hits, I will make sure I get it out to you ASAP!!!!!! :)

And as soon as they hit, I will also notify SPP so they can make sure they get enough for their stock and for the ones who ordered them and are waiting on them.

Bud

thank you!!!!!!! can;t wait.! these grills are just plain awesome. im assuming the cs8 is what we will need for the shelby gt front end?

first 2 cs56's arrived today... now where are the other two :hysterical:

thank you!!!!!!! can;t wait.! these grills are just plain awesome. im assuming the cs8 is what we will need for the shelby gt front end?

first 2 cs56's arrived today... now where are the other two :hysterical:

As far as I know, the CS6 grille is the one for our SGT'S and the one I installed on my car. Not sure of the difference between the CS6 and the CS8.

Now I'm looking at the SPP Catalog and it shows the CS6 Grill and doesn't say anything about a CS8 grille, so I'm as confused as you are Armorine. All I know is, I ordered part number CS6-009-KIT and it fit perfectly on my 07 SGT! :shrug:

the cs6-009-kit is the one i orderd too...im really wondering whats going on now.

Okie dokie, here's the break down :)

The CS6 will ONLY fit a V6 grille/fascia and the Terlingua fascia (it was made from a V6 fascia)

The CS8 will fit ANY GT V8 front fascia----stock GT and the California Special GT (Shebly GT)

The CS6 and CS8 grilles will ONLY fit the 2005-2009 models. The 2010's are a bit different. And at this time, we have not started any work for those grilles---but I'm sure we will ;)

The CS6 grille is about an inch or so too short to fit in the the V8 grille opening ( I know, I tried and tired and tried and tried :hysterical: )

Bud

Bud, you are too funny!!!! I saw the title of the thread and had to open it, imagine my surprise when you mention me! You are the best! I can't wait to get my grill, but you know I do not blame you AT ALL, and as long as you know I was not the one complaining in these posts!!! LOL!!!

Okie dokie, here's the break down :)

The CS6 will ONLY fit a V6 grille/fascia and the Terlingua fascia (it was made from a V6 fascia)

The CS8 will fit ANY GT V8 front fascia----stock GT and the California Special GT (Shebly GT)

The CS6 and CS8 grilles will ONLY fit the 2005-2009 models. The 2010's are a bit different. And at this time, we have not started any work for those grilles---but I'm sure we will ;)

The CS6 grille is about an inch or so too short to fit in the the V8 grille opening ( I know, I tried and tired and tried and tried :hysterical: )

Bud

They must have changed the nomenclature since I ordered it, because I bought the CS6 kit for my SGT and it fits perfectly.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived