TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Snake Hood Pins

Jody

I think the Super Snake hood pins look dull to me. Did anyone change theirs and which type did you use?

I am told that some of the other hood pins that Shelby Performance Parts sells do not work.

I think the Super Snake hood pins look dull to me. Did anyone change theirs and which type did you use?

I am told that some of the other hood pins that Shelby Performance Parts sells do not work.

I like these.....................

Picture250.jpg

Picture251.jpg

R

Thanks, are those the GT500 hood pins sold by Shelby Performance Parts?

I enlarged the picture, I see they are. I am ordering them now!

Here is a closer picture...........

Picture249.jpg

There is more to the story. These pins were installed at one of the "authorized" Shelby Super Snake conversion centers, but I do not remember which one. I have seen these hood pins installed on other Super Snake hoods and the latch pin does not fit correctly in the aluminum plate. The main pin that attaches to the car has to be bent in such a way that it properly comes through the hole in the hood, but also allows the latch pin to properly fit it the aluminum plate.

R

• 1 year later...

I was at Sean Hyland's today getting my Super Snake STB installed (thanks again Robert) and saw the GT500 hoods pins pictured above. I thought they looked great and Sean had a set in stock. Well needless to say they are now on my car!

Just a side note...the old screw holes did not match up with this set so new holes needed to be drilled.

I was at Sean Hyland's today getting my Super Snake STB installed (thanks again Robert) and say the GT500 hoods pins pictured above. I thought they looked great and Sean had a set in stock. Well needless to say they are now on my car!

Just a side note...the old screw holes did not match up with this set so new holes needed to be drilled.

Those are the ones that I am looking for and SPP is out of stock and has been for some time.

I was at Sean Hyland's today getting my Super Snake STB installed (thanks again Robert) and saw the GT500 hoods pins pictured above. I thought they looked great and Sean had a set in stock. Well needless to say they are now on my car!

You're welcome!!

I used the same four holes with mine. I changed the original phillips screws for stainless steel torx bit, just for a little more detail................

011-2.jpg

003-3.jpg

R

Can someone post a picture where the pins are mounted on the radiator support?

I am currently at the beach for this week and will not be back home until Monday. I also have a a radiator cover on mine, so the actual radiator support is covered except for a hole in the hood pin area. Whammer may be able to get a picture of his hood pin mounting in this area?

Here, check out this thread. Post #2, picture #2 is of my car showing a picture before I installed my radiator cover. Sorry the picture is not more clear............

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/68279-anyone-have-a-rad-cover-for-their-ss/

R

You're welcome!!

I used the same four holes with mine. I changed the original phillips screws for stainless steel torx bit, just for a little more detail................

011-2.jpg

003-3.jpg

R

Where did you get Super Snake hood pins???

Don't tell me I need to buy a different set??? LOL

Where did you get Super Snake hood pins???

Don't tell me I need to buy a different set??? LOL

I bought a plain (not engraved) set of the Shelby billet hoods pins and had a friend of mine engrave them. I have a lot of $$$ in them, about $100 including shipping for the pins, then the artwork, set-up and engraving of the plates on a CNC machine........lots of $$$.

R

Archived