TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dealer fee

Maxhenry

I just received a call from a dealer with an allocation.

He will sell at MSRP, but wants me to also cover the dealer fee he is charged for selling SVT/Shelbys.

I know this fee covers 2 years. Does anyone know the dollar amount of the fee?

Obviously, I need to know so I can go back and dicker with him.

Thank you

I've never heard of something like that Maxhenry...I think he is just getting you to pay more money for the car. There is a fee for being an authorized dealer..but I don't see why you would have to pay for it. That's entirely on the dealer.

This is a new one to me..I would tell him to forget it. (just my two cents). That doesn't sound right at all.

I've never heard of something like that Maxhenry...I think he is just getting you to pay more money for the car. There is a fee for being an authorized dealer..but I don't see why you would have to pay for it. That's entirely on the dealer.

This is a new one to me..I would tell him to forget it. (just my two cents). That doesn't sound right at all.

Well, I can tell him to go pound sand, and see if he calls me back anyway, which Is what I will probably do.

However, if he does not call me back, and I don't go for it, then I have to go find one as I like (hard to do) on the ground (seemingly impossible) or wait for the next round of allocations. And, if I find one, how much will it cost me in travel time and distance, and the time to do the DMV work myself? These are all in the mix.

Opinions?

I had heard of the fee that the dealers had to pay to get allocations, not sure what it is. It is really going to come down to how much you want this particular car vs. the fee. At the end of the day the fee = ADM and he should have told you what the fee is when he offered that deal.

Again, no shame in putting a dollar amount on how much you want the car.

If you go forward with the sale we want pics.

Regards,

Jim

He will sell at MSRP, but wants me to also cover the dealer fee he is charged for selling SVT/Shelbys.

Thank you

???? How could the dealer be authorized for an allocation but not be certified? Doesn't make sense.

DaFreak

Well, I can tell him to go pound sand, and see if he calls me back anyway, which Is what I will probably do.

However, if he does not call me back, and I don't go for it, then I have to go find one as I like (hard to do) on the ground (seemingly impossible) or wait for the next round of allocations. And, if I find one, how much will it cost me in travel time and distance, and the time to do the DMV work myself? These are all in the mix.

Opinions?

For sure...if you really want to go that route, you can...if getting the car is worth the extra cash that you'll be spending - I can certainly understand that.

I remember reading about the fees before...but I honestly can't remember if the dollar amount was stated...sorry.

???? How could the dealer be authorized for an allocation but not be certified? Doesn't make sense.

DaFreak

Because he his BSing me. He already delivered one car (at a $5000 ADM he claims-welcome to NJ).

He is simply looking for some extra money. He knows it; I know it.

The simple question is how much is it worth it to me to "lock in" a car exactly as I want it, close by.

Frankly, I will dicker with him on my trade in.

Thank you

I know you already understand this but he is not selling at MSRP if he wants to add his SVT fee to the price of the car.

What's next. Paint sealant? Glass etching? Pinstriping?

Another game playing dealer. Thinks the Shelby buyer is just as cluless as the old couple buying the Crown Vic*.

Steve

* Yes I know the Crown Vic is no longer sold at the retail level.

Dealers pay a $2,000 fee to sell the 2010 and 2011 GT500s and recieve allocations. I would NOT in any way pay this cost for them.

My dealer also told me it costs him $2000 to order a Shelby, but only after I tried to negoiate the price down. He did not try to pass the cost along but used it as a reason NOT to negoitate price. I was still able to get him to knock $700 off of MSRP, no dealer fee.

Tell him to roll up in a ball and stick his head up his ass!! I can't believe he has the nuts to even ask you to do that. I would definitely look elsewhere..............I wouldn't even give him a second thought after he asked something stupid like that.

Thank you

What a joke.

Whay not just do business with the dealers on this board? They have helped a lot of people and been honest about it.

And, if I find one, how much will it cost me in travel time and distance, and the time to do the DMV work myself? These are all in the mix.

Opinions?

I debated the same issue and decided to find one away from the tri-state dealers. Ended up flying to KY to pick one up. Dealer covered all travel costs and NJ registration fees and I paid MSRP.

The DMV work is reasonably simple on a new car but the travel time is up to you to quantify. I did it in a day so it was a day off work but the flip side being a great way to get to know the car.

Do not, under any circumstances, pay the dealer fee for them. What prevents them from asking EVERY SVT buyer for the same fee? Dont forget there are at least 3 SVT cars available (Shelby GT500, Raptor Pickup, and new SHO Taurus). So if they want to sell any/all of the line they have to pay their dealer fee to Ford.

Not sure what car you are looking for, but my dealer (in northern New Jersey) has a Sterling Gray/Silver stripe VERT sitting on the showroom floor with HID/Nav...

PM me if interested and I'll send you the info.

Do not, under any circumstances, pay the dealer fee for them. What prevents them from asking EVERY SVT buyer for the same fee? Dont forget there are at least 3 SVT cars available (Shelby GT500, Raptor Pickup, and new SHO Taurus). So if they want to sell any/all of the line they have to pay their dealer fee to Ford.

Not sure what car you are looking for, but my dealer (in northern New Jersey) has a Sterling Gray/Silver stripe VERT sitting on the showroom floor with HID/Nav...

PM me if interested and I'll send you the info.

Guys,

trust me, I am a member of the "not a penny over MSRP" brigade.

But the reality is that I cannot find the car as I want on the ground anywhere near NY.

And the few cars I find anywhere have the NAV unit which I do not want, therefore do not really want to pay for.

Here, I can order the car relatively close by, exactly as I want it. The dealer and I seem to be about $700 apart.

Whether this can be closed remains to be seen.

Or I can wait a few more months and see what happens.

What to do

Guys,

trust me, I am a member of the "not a penny over MSRP" brigade.

But the reality is that I cannot find the car as I want on the ground anywhere near NY.

And the few cars I find anywhere have the NAV unit which I do not want, therefore do not really want to pay for.

Here, I can order the car relatively close by, exactly as I want it. The dealer and I seem to be about $700 apart.

Whether this can be closed remains to be seen.

Or I can wait a few more months and see what happens.

What to do

Order your car now for next year. You'll probably get it a 2011 before I get my bloody 2010 ordered in April. Otherwise, choose another color and justify why you did it. It may be the better choice if you can negotiate with yourself properly. If you're on Lithium it won't work.

Thank you

Tell him to go take a hike - I think that fee is circa 2K. BTW, you would then be covering the cost of any extra allocations he recieves for 2010, or potentially the 2011 model year. Absolutely outrageous. :rant2:

I paid MSRP for mine, but then again I didn't ask for any less. Dealer near me has a Black/Silver Coupe with HID's ready to go. I know its's not what you want, but just thought I'd mention it.

Regards, Ian

Tell him to go take a hike - I think that fee is circa 2K. BTW, you will then covering the cost of any extra allocations he recieves for 2010, or potentially the 2011 model year. Absolutely outrageous. :rant2:

I paid MSRP for mine, but then again I didn't ask for any less. Dealer near me has a Black/Silver Coupe with HID's ready to go. I know its's not what you want, but just thought I'd mention it.

Regards, Ian

Dealer near me has a black with silver stripes coupe ready to go. And he is only asking $10,000 over sticker for it.

Welcome to NY.

Archived