TEAM SHELBY FORUM

V6 Shelby GT500 clone

shelbyfan66

Hi all,

A friend bought a V6 Mustang Shelby GT500 clone that was made with a body kit created from original Shelby parts. I told him that it's illegal to sell Shelby reproduction parts without a Shelby license but what if he decides some day to sell his car? Will he be allowed to sell a car with fake parts and how illegal can this car be?

Here is another car for sale by the company who makes the body kit in Europe:

post-19508-1250634361_thumb.jpg

Thanks for your help.

Hi all,

A friend bought a V6 Mustang Shelby GT500 clone that was made with a body kit created from original Shelby parts. I told him that it's illegal to sell Shelby reproduction parts without a Shelby license but what if he decides some day to sell his car? Will he be allowed to sell a car with fake parts and how illegal can this car be?

Here is another car for sale by the company who makes the body kit in Europe:

Thanks for your help.

That's a CLONE? No kidding!

The parts can be bought at your local ford dealer, so there's nothing wrong going on here.

The problem is that they don't come from a Ford dealer, they were made from a mold created from original parts. I know it's illegal to sell fake Rolex watches so does it apply to car parts? Should he return the car to the dealer before it's too late?

The problem is that they don't come from a Ford dealer, they were made from a mold created from original parts. I know it's illegal to sell fake Rolex watches so does it apply to car parts? Should he return the car to the dealer before it's too late?

Too late for what? Before the Ford police track him down and confiscate his car? Don't be silly, there's nothing Ford or Shelby can do to him or his car.

It's a damn good clone IMO. The wheels are hideous, but otherwise it looks pretty damn right on. I'd be curious to see more detailed photos of the body kit.

Ken

I don't really like the clones that try to copy the car exactly. I have seen some GT500 clone pics on other sites that you would be hard pressed to tell from the outside. Changed the brakes and everything. Now look inside and its more obvious. Open the hood and no question. I prefer the ones that add their own unique spin or take on the car and are really a tribute car versus a clone.

Many of these where done with actual Ford parts. I was not aware of the GT500 copy parts business but hey it makes sense considering they copy everything else. Just don't ever try to sell it as the real thing.

When I said too late, I wasn't thinking about problems with the police but there is a time limit to bring a car back to a dealer after a purchase. But if you say he will have no problem selling the car in the future I guess he can keep his V6 GT500 :D

For those who want to see other photos of the kit you can go on Ebay.fr and search for "shelby clone".

I don't really like the clones that try to copy the car exactly. I have seen some GT500 clone pics on other sites that you would be hard pressed to tell from the outside. Changed the brakes and everything. Now look inside and its more obvious. Open the hood and no question. I prefer the ones that add their own unique spin or take on the car and are really a tribute car versus a clone.

Many of these where done with actual Ford parts. I was not aware of the GT500 copy parts business but hey it makes sense considering they copy everything else. Just don't ever try to sell it as the real thing.

This is my old car, GT500 bumper but no attempt to fool any one,

img2065dxoos8.jpg

my new one is the real deal......

005.jpg

I can't believe how many V-6 mustang owners change the look of their cars to resemble GT's and Cobras....

It's not limited to the V-6 crowd!

Many have converted the GT to a GT500 wannabe! In fact their happens to be one on this site that seems to post regularly!

How about the silver with blue stripe "GT500KR" that keeps showing up.

I have seen this one @ Mustang Week 08, Woodward 08, and now Woodward 09 (he's from Illinois).

The funny deal with this one is the fact that he kept the Mustang GT front and Rear on the car. Last year he posed the car at shows with a PIC of a Supercharger signed by Mr. Shelby under the hood. Then he took his Certificate of Authenticity from getting the sig, enlarged to fit an 8.5x11 frame and had this on the dash board (as if to tell all that the car was authentic). Sometime between Woodward 08 & 09, he transplanted a 5.4 into the car and installed the supercharger that was pictured last year. Not to mention the money spent on lighting and stereo system! I'll bet he has just as much money in this car to have bought the real deal by now!

And he had the audacity to park in the Snake Pit (reserved for Shelby and Cobra's)!

I am sure he is very proud of his project and may should be. I won't park mine in a Shelby pit to be exclusive I go to shows to see the work and love people put in their cars. I often think of supping up the wife's vert with cs6 parts etc and then look out! She wont let me though... yet. :)

I don't drive a KR or SS or 40th I drive a Ford GT500 with Carrol Shelby's blessing for an upgrade...

What wheels, tires are those on the black GT? I am looking for new wheels for my black GT500 convertible.

Perfect example of how many Shelby clones are very big fans of Shelby automobiles. Many are future owners. Heck, Ford is making the V6 Mustangs that look like a 500 from a distant glance.

People love the styling, myself included. As long as they are honest about the car. No different than putting GT 500 wheels or spoilers on a Mustang.

5213_1027644670593_1809624113_73666_7470103_s.jpg

Archived