TEAM SHELBY FORUM

She's Almost Home

CaptJim88

Well the wait is finally over. The car arrived to the drop ship dealer today but by the time I got to the dealer to drive her to dealer where I am doing the prep and paper work too late to get it all done. Picking her up at lunch time tomorrow but it was great to finally see the car and drive her. Took my 9 year old son with me and the boost kicked in about halfway through the trip.

The car is filthy from sitting at the rail auto terminal in NJ for the last three and half weeks.

I will try to take some better pics after she is clean.

I will have trouble sleeping tonight.

Regards,

Jim

th_GT500-FrontView-1.jpg

th_GT500-SideView-1.jpg

th_GT500-SideView2-1.jpg

th_GT500-1.jpg

The car arrived to the drop ship dealer today but by the time I got to the dealer to drive her to dealer where I am doing the prep and paper work too late to get it all done.

At last! congratulations Jim, nice looking car :happy feet: It would have killed me to know that it was sat in a rail yard for so long without my being able to get my hands on it.

Would you mind elaborating on your above sentance - " I got to the dealer to drive her to dealer where I am doing the prep and paper work" - what's that all about? :headscratch:

At last! congratulations Jim, nice looking car :happy feet: It would have killed me to know that it was sat in a rail yard for so long without my being able to get my hands on it.

Would you mind elaborating on your above sentance - " I got to the dealer to drive her to dealer where I am doing the prep and paper work" - what's that all about? :headscratch:

A buddy of mine owns a Lincoln Mercury dealer and he ordered the car through a Ford dealer that they know in Fl. and dropped shipped it to Long Island, but it has to go to a Ford dealer. So it went to one close by and then he gave me a dealer plate to pick it up. Finish all the paperwork tomorrow. I had ordered my 2005 Mustang GT the same way and it worked out well so just did it this way again.

It was killing me to know it was 40 miles away and I could have been there in an hour and half.

Can't wait to finally get her home tomorrow.

Regards,

Jim

She is home!! Picked her up at 1230 Hours and came back to the office. Been making a lot of trips to the garage with my co-workers. The car is an absolute beast! The smile that everyone has been talking about is almost impossible to remove from my face.

I will try to post some better pics than yesterday soon, but am definitely going to be spending some time behind the wheel first!

Thanks to everyone for their posts.

Regards,

Jim

Archived