TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2_Stangs

Hi

I just picked up a 2007 Shelby GT with 1059 miles on it to add to my Collection of mustangs :happy feet: . I already have a 1965 Fastback that I restored so when I found the 07 I just had to have it since they are the same color Black with silver strips.

I like the info available here on the forum and hope to contribute also.

Dave

Welcom Aboard : I have only met a few of our members in person, every one has been frindly and helpfull. keep posting pictures of your rides.

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Nice looking fastback, Dave! Looks like PLENTY of work went into it! When did the restoration begin?

Welcome to the TS forum - it's a plethora of information, as I'm sure you've noticed :)

Thanks SicShelby

The restoration began the day I got it March of 2005 I started with brakes, new floor pans, engine, transmission and then in Feb of 2007 I stripped it down to bare metal got the body work done and repainted, put in all new wiring and interior with the Gt 350 40th anniversary dash, new front and rear glass lowered it 2" all the way around installed 4 wheel disc breaks, Ron Morris coil over front suspension. I know i am leaving something out :headscratch: but hard to keep track of it in my head. all totaled I have about $45.000 in it my wife says I am nuts. I did all the work with the exception of paint and body work.

Thanks SicShelby

The restoration began the day I got it March of 2005 I started with brakes, new floor pans, engine, transmission and then in Feb of 2007 I stripped it down to bare metal got the body work done and repainted, put in all new wiring and interior with the Gt 350 40th anniversary dash, new front and rear glass lowered it 2" all the way around installed 4 wheel disc breaks, Ron Morris coil over front suspension. I know i am leaving something out :headscratch: but hard to keep track of it in my head. all totaled I have about $45.000 in it my wife says I am nuts. I did all the work with the exception of paint and body work.

Man, you've got QUITE the item! :yup: To restore something "old school" like that... you just can't beat it. Both of my stepbrothers have 65 1/2 Mustangs that they've restored; both 289's I think (good engines - I had a 302ci in my '69 Bronco). Sometimes I don't know what I'd rather have, a mid to late 60's Mustang, or a new one. Of course... you could have both like you. :D

Where did you get the body? It looks like you needed to do some pretty good work. It's difficult to find a good skeleton now a days, ESPECIALLY a fastback, oh and a '65, man I'm DROOLING! :drool:

VERY, VERY, cool, Dave. I'm jealous.

- Gabe

Man, you've got QUITE the item! :yup: To restore something "old school" like that... you just can't beat it. Both of my stepbrothers have 65 1/2 Mustangs that they've restored; both 289's I think (good engines - I had a 302ci in my '69 Bronco). Sometimes I don't know what I'd rather have, a mid to late 60's Mustang, or a new one. Of course... you could have both like you. :D

Where did you get the body? It looks like you needed to do some pretty good work. It's difficult to find a good skeleton now a days, ESPECIALLY a fastback, oh and a '65, man I'm DROOLING! :drool:

VERY, VERY, cool, Dave. I'm jealous.

- Gabe

The car came from Florida.

Archived