TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Airbag light/sensor acting up.

OK, so my car only has 11,00 plus miles or so and its a 2007 and I just recently had it serviced at my local dealer a few months ago and now yesterday my wife went for a ride in my car and the airbag light started to flicker on and off and then stayed on, mind you she's only 118LBS so I know the light should've turned off to activate the sensor to deploy in case of an accident so I took it in today because this morning the light just stayed off, no one was in the seat so I am getting worried if there's something wrong. The tech put the VCM to it and said all done in about 10 mins but the problem is that the light is always off now, when I turn on the key I see it flash for a second along with the other lights and then goes off. I was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing any issues with your airbag light. I didn't want to get it flashed when it was in because eventhough there is a recall I wanted to leave it as is, it was working fine now I am having issues but I am really concerned about the fact that it is off all the time. Thanks for any input.

Sounds like its working as it should now. The light should "prove out" when the key is 1st turned on, which

it does, then should go out, which it does. You can try putting some weight on the seat, maybe a couple of

phone books, to see if the light goes on. If the sensor detects weight of 50lbs or less, the light goes on and

the bag is deactivated. My 06 had an erractic light when my girlfriend sat in it occasionaly, I never persude

it, but if the issue concerns you, have the dealer run some tests to satisfy you. Good luck.

MY 07 GT HAD THE AIRBAGG LIGHT COME ON WHILE DRIVING. IT ONLY HAS 2857 MILES ON IT. MY LOCAL FORD DEAILER REPLACED THE HARNESS AND CONNECTOR UNDER THE FRONT SEAT. THE INVOICE LISTS "PERFORM TSB 09-08-07 "

MY LIGHT WOULD COME ON AND STAY ON UNTILL YOU TURNED THE CAR OFF, THEN IT WAS OK WITH NO FAULT CODE. THEY ONLY FOUND IT WHEN I BROUGHT IT IN WITH THE LIGHT ON.

Thanks for tips, one question though shouldn't the light be on when no one or anything is on the seat so if anything happens only the driver side goes out?

Dunno...owners manual should say what to look for.

I think having it flashed was the right thing to do anyway ...like getting the latest drivers for your computer (ok, maybe not exactly -lol)

Light should be out, it is to indicate a malfunction in the system...

Mine has been acting up intermittently for a long time. Dealer has said it was a module in my case. And that they have ordered a new one for install on the next oil change. Mine comes on rarley but it will filcker and stay on sometimes...I always forgot to mention it to them.

Wish I knew more, but that is all I know. Cheers!

There is actually a recall on the drivers seat airbag on the 2007 to 2009 GTs and SGTs. Ford hasn't posted it but if you take it to them they can look it up. The dealership here in Germany installed the new harness and that didn't work so they just replace the entire airbag. They told me for some reason this doesn't start happening till after around 9000 miles.

There is actually a recall on the drivers seat airbag on the 2007 to 2009 GTs and SGTs. Ford hasn't posted it but if you take it to them they can look it up. The dealership here in Germany installed the new harness and that didn't work so they just replace the entire airbag. They told me for some reason this doesn't start happening till after around 9000 miles.

Thanks for tip, I am definitely going to get this issue resolved, I have a gut feeling that my light should be on when no one or anything is on the seat and when there is a person on it , it then, only then that it should go off to signify that it is sensing a person or heavy enough item to "arm" itself. Mind you, I have not done anything to the car performance wise, only looks.

Thanks for tip, I am definitely going to get this issue resolved, I have a gut feeling that my light should be on when no one or anything is on the seat and when there is a person on it , it then, only then that it should go off to signify that it is sensing a person or heavy enough item to "arm" itself. Mind you, I have not done anything to the car performance wise, only looks.

No, the light(s) should be off when no one is in the seat. Rule of thumb is that any lit indicator signifies and out of bounds condition not for normal operation.

The center console "Pass Air Bag Off" does light when someone, or some thing, is on the seat but the weight is low and the passenger side of the system disables itself so not to cause injury in the case of a small child.

If you're talking about the central indicator on the cluster see your owners manual:

page: 12

page:116-117

It also should be OFF and stays off no matter what the weight is, the other light takes care of that, unless there is an issue with the system in which case let the owner's manual be your guide.

The only other TSB I found that had anything to do with the lamps was:

AIR BAG WARNING LAMP ON—DTC 2295 IN RESTRAINTS CONTROL MODULE AND LAMP FLASH CODE 22—BUILT 3/1/2007- 4/15/2007

(enclosed)

07_10_03.pdf

07_10_03.pdf

Archived