TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Great story!

MMcGuirk

Just want to share a great experience I had last week....

Tom Dankel (Cali KR) got me hooked up with Russo and Steele for a real insider look at the auction process during Monterey week. We decide to meet near Tom's house and cruise down together for a day of volunteering at the auction prep.

Tom owns a 08 GT 500 vert and an original 60k mile 68 GT500 KR.

Thursday morning, Tom pulls up to our meeting spot in the 68 KR. After a few quick photos, he tosses me the keys and says "let's trade for the ride down"

OK! Well, it's been 23 years since I sold my 68 KR and this sure brought back memories. I had driven mine on the exact same roads, this was a real treat. His Highland Green beauty cruises wonderfully. The 428 Cobra Jet is a torque monster. I have attached some photos. Check the grin on my face.

Having a relatively new car club buddy, Tom and I met at the 85th Birthday bash, put that level of trust out is very cool. It is a testament to how great the members of this club are.

I look forward to many more years of having funs with you all!

IMG_1567.jpg

IMG_1568.jpg

IMG_1569.jpg

IMG_1571.jpg

IMG_1573.jpg

IMG_1574.jpg

IMG_1575.jpg

IMG_1577.jpg

IMG_1567.jpg

IMG_1568.jpg

IMG_1569.jpg

IMG_1571.jpg

IMG_1573.jpg

IMG_1574.jpg

IMG_1575.jpg

IMG_1577.jpg

Awesome pics Mike...oh yea, I took them :hysterical: the action shots...

My pleasure, and it was GREAT FUN!

I really enjoyed driving your car as well, :shift:

Can't wait until we drive to LA together for the next Shelby Bash :happy feet:

What a great story. I've had a blast meeting some people from here also. I really love all the info everyone shares, but I just need to resist jumping in on any more political threads. That almost ruins all the good feelings I get with all the other topics!

So, let's make it official: "I (insert name here) refuse to join in on any more political topics, and truly wish that the moderators would ban any and all political discussions on this otherwise AWESOME forum!" There are a million other places to discuss politics, and I want this forum to be about Shelbys, Mustangs in general, and even an occasional rice burner. :hysterical:

Now, I feel so much better!

What a great story. I've had a blast meeting some people from here also. I really love all the info everyone shares, but I just need to resist jumping in on any more political threads. That almost ruins all the good feelings I get with all the other topics!

So, let's make it official: "I (insert name here) refuse to join in on any more political topics, and truly wish that the moderators would ban any and all political discussions on this otherwise AWESOME forum!" There are a million other places to discuss politics, and I want this forum to be about Shelbys, Mustangs in general, and even an occasional rice burner. :hysterical:

No politics, JUST CARS! :happy feet:

Amen, brother, amen!

But unfortunately, we (the moderators) can't grant you your wish unless someone steps over the line.

I'm sorry, but you'll just have to resist entering those cancerious forums on your own.

Amen, brother, amen!

But unfortunately, we (the moderators) can't grant you your wish unless someone steps over the line.

I'm sorry, but you'll just have to resist entering those cancerious forums on your own.

I hear ya. I'll resist the urge.

I got a couple Corvette friends, never been offered the keys to any of their cars. I have been made incredible offers from the Shelby and Mustang folks.

Of course, neither Michael or Tom have made that offer to me (yet :hysterical: ).

Awesome car! Great story!

I got a couple Corvette friends, never been offered the keys to any of their cars. I have been made incredible offers from the Shelby and Mustang folks.

Of course, neither Michael or Tom have made that offer to me (yet :hysterical: ).

You can take my vette out for a rip if you like!!

Sean where the hell do you find those avatars of yours?

Archived