TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Gratitude Campaign

I saw that about a year ago, and have been doing it ever since. If they are not close enough for me to say "Thank you for serving our country!", I use that gesture.

One thing to remember though is that you wont' see any Marines in uniform. They are not allowed to wear uniforms unless on a base on in action. My son is Marine Recon, and the couple of times I've picked him up at the airport when he comes home on leave, I keep an eye out for any jarheads, to be sure to thank them too.

God bless our troops!

One thing to remember though is that you wont' see any Marines in uniform. They are not allowed to wear uniforms unless on a base on in action.

I live in San Diego. I see Marines in uniform at the airport. Is when they are in transit one of the times they can appear in uniform?

Jim

I live in San Diego. I see Marines in uniform at the airport. Is when they are in transit one of the times they can appear in uniform?

Jim

My guess is that they are being deployed. What airport is this? Is it also used as a military transport airport?

My guess is that they are being deployed. What airport is this? Is it also used as a military transport airport?

Our regular commercial airport, Lindbergh Field International Airport. It is not used as a military transport airfield.

Jim

I can't talk about now, but when I was on active duty Marines we were told to travel in and out of the U.S. in civvies. It came back to the sailor that was executed by terrorist hi-jackers in the early 80's. Local travel, particularly going home after your graduation from bootcamp - one of which is in San Diego - you wore uniforms.

I'll have to ask my son about how that works. He is currently at Camp LeJeune, and had told me that if they go off the base, even for a burger, they have to wear civvies, but on base, its always one of the uniforms. The last time he flew home from Okinawa, he wore civvies.

Archived