TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2009 Gt500 Order

alvinlee888

Hi,

Need everyone's help again. Im living in Asia and all set to buy my 2009 gt500. I heard there are only around 5 owners of gt500 here in my country.

So pls excuse all my questions as I dont have much expert opinions to ask around about.

I have an option of going to the US and buying the car but my broker offered me a better suggestion..he could get it for me at 41K USD without me going to US.

Been thinking, is this a great deal already or would it be cheaper if i go to the states and do all the haggling so i could get it cheaper.

I have a friend who will help me when i get to California but would it be better if I asked my broker to get it for me and I dont go to the dealers myself.

Im just concern about the cost. The cheaper the better.

By the way, I am getting the 2009 brand new gt500.

Hope to hear from your expert opinions.

Thanks !!!

Hi,

Need everyone's help again. Im living in Asia and all set to buy my 2009 gt500. I heard there are only around 5 owners of gt500 here in my country.

So pls excuse all my questions as I dont have much expert opinions to ask around about.

I have an option of going to the US and buying the car but my broker offered me a better suggestion..he could get it for me at 41K USD without me going to US.

Been thinking, is this a great deal already or would it be cheaper if i go to the states and do all the haggling so i could get it cheaper.

I have a friend who will help me when i get to California but would it be better if I asked my broker to get it for me and I dont go to the dealers myself.

Im just concern about the cost. The cheaper the better.

By the way, I am getting the 2009 brand new gt500.

Hope to hear from your expert opinions.

Thanks !!!

41K is not a bad deal.. I bought mine on July 14 for 42K in California..... I heard that 08 went for 38K just to get reid of them..

$41K is a pretty darn good price if you ask me. I'll go for it if I were you. BTW, where about in Asia are you? It would be nice to have more GT500's represented in that corner of the world.

- BORG

Hi Borg, I am from the Philippines. Im a singaporean but business tied me to Manila. Your 42k was all in? OTD price? Can i ask you a question, why are the pre-owned gt500s still around 30ish plus dollars? Are the resale value that good?

Sorry, stupid questions but bear with me...have no other owners here i could ask about since there are only 5 owners here.

Hi Borg, I am from the Philippines. Im a singaporean but business tied me to Manila. Your 42k was all in? OTD price? Can i ask you a question, why are the pre-owned gt500s still around 30ish plus dollars? Are the resale value that good?

Sorry, stupid questions but bear with me...have no other owners here i could ask about since there are only 5 owners here.

Resale stays pretty high. What are you being charged for the shipping? Also, make sure you can prove it is a Shelby. It is easy to get clone body parts. Either way, good luck and enjoy.

As an aside, last time I was in Singapore I really loved it. It has been 8 years now, though.

Resale stays pretty high. What are you being charged for the shipping? Also, make sure you can prove it is a Shelby. It is easy to get clone body parts. Either way, good luck and enjoy.

As an aside, last time I was in Singapore I really loved it. It has been 8 years now, though.

One good way to "research" what you might purchase is to use this web site:

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.co...ticker.pdf?vin=

Make sure you put the VIN number at the end and you can find out exactly what the window sticker says the car should be. I'm sure there are many on this forum who would be willing to do a drive-by if you find a car in their area. Good Luck -- you won't regret buying one! :)

One good way to "research" what you might purchase is to use this web site:

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.co...ticker.pdf?vin=

Make sure you put the VIN number at the end and you can find out exactly what the window sticker says the car should be. I'm sure there are many on this forum who would be willing to do a drive-by if you find a car in their area. Good Luck -- you won't regret buying one! :)

Hello,

Very cool to find that link........Is there another way to search the Ford database to find the exact car I am searching for?.......2009 GT500 Convertible/Red exterior/red inserts interior/and hopeful for a September 2009 or later build date.

Thanks in advance,

John

Hello,

Very cool to find that link........Is there another way to search the Ford database to find the exact car I am searching for?.......2009 GT500 Convertible/Red exterior/red inserts interior/and hopeful for a September 2009 or later build date.

Thanks in advance,

John

Sorry.....That should have said September 2008 build date.

Archived