TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Heat Extractors installed!

Just installed the Super Snake heat extractors...

The Cervini's hood is a dual layer so first I had to cut the top hole, then create another template to cut the underside (love those dremels!)

After all is said and done, its pretty cool, now I can keep that dang Super Charger a bit cooler!

GNB

post-24335-1250483369_thumb.jpg

post-24335-1250483404_thumb.jpg

post-24335-1250483417_thumb.jpg

Just installed the Super Snake heat extractors...

The Cervini's hood is a dual layer so first I had to cut the top hole, then create another template to cut the underside (love those dremels!)

After all is said and done, its pretty cool, now I can keep that dang Super Charger a bit cooler!

GNB

Nice work!!! You should have called me, I would have been there with my jig saw and cut away !!! Of course, I would only take one pain killer so my hands won't shake that bad. :hysterical:

Its nice when you can do your own work and fabricate stuff.

Looks good, any plans to install some kind of diverter plates underneath to keep water off the engine electricals?

Interesting that you mentioned this... I really hadn't thought about it until after the install and thought "Hmmmm, maybe I should wash all that fiberglass stuff off" I will most likely make a cover for them when I wash the beast.. As you know, we should never drive our rides in the rain :bag:

Racer, thanks for the offer of help,,,I have a jigsaw, thanks... Next big sanding project your in! or if I need to shake some paint!!!

GNB

Interesting that you mentioned this... I really hadn't thought about it until after the install and thought "Hmmmm, maybe I should wash all that fiberglass stuff off" I will most likely make a cover for them when I wash the beast.. As you know, we should never drive our rides in the rain :bag:

Racer, thanks for the offer of help,,,I have a jigsaw, thanks... Next big sanding project your in! or if I need to shake some paint!!!

GNB

To protect the wiring as in coils you can install the plenum cover and fuel rail covers!! Also since my scoop is cut open, I sprayed the wiring with a water resistor that's made for electricial wiring and components. Any homedepot or lowes would have it.

But, I really like to do the same as you but into the stock hood but this time the torch is coming out :doh: Just joking about the torch maybe not. You can maybe take sheet metal cut to the size and width of your vents and make 2 screw mounts that will pass thru the vent and you can close it off when needed. Use a large washer and wing nut.

To protect the wiring as in coils you can install the plenum cover and fuel rail covers!! Also since my scoop is cut open, I sprayed the wiring with a water resistor that's made for electricial wiring and components. Any homedepot or lowes would have it.

But, I really like to do the same as you but into the stock hood but this time the torch is coming out :doh: Just joking about the torch maybe not. You can maybe take sheet metal cut to the size and width of your vents and make 2 screw mounts that will pass thru the vent and you can close it off when needed. Use a large washer and wing nut.

Racer, You will be able to take your jigsaw with the metal blades on your hood just fine, I did this to a few cars for a Shaker set up.. Just take your "Anti-shake" pills and take your time! :drool:

I am going to make a plastic cover for the louvers, placing a piece of nylon strap with velcro on the underside of the covers, setting the cover down and passing the nylon through into the hood and attaching the velcro on the underside of the hood to hold them in place when it rains etc.

GNB

Archived