TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Pics of local Cruise-in yesterday.....

SGT/SC2873

Ouch - hot pics, nice waitress but...tow truck?

yep....left the cruise in and drove 30 miles up the interstate...got off the interstate about 3 miles rolling up to a s/s and it just cut off. NOTHING....gauge lites flashing, radio flashing......disconnected neg. cable to batter to see if something would reset, as you turn the key and nothing, no clicking just dead silence. Guy stopped by to help and tried to jump it, still nothing....he had a meter and we checked the battery, showed 12 volts, which I would think would be enough to turn it over, but it wouldn't. Thinks it must be electrical, ie battery or alternator or maybe something simple. Prior to it shutting down, all gauges were good and car ran fine. Best way to describe it felt like it ran out of gas when it cut off. Funny thing was this happened in a very small town and I bet I had 15 folks offering to help, give me a ride, etc....oh well, it's still a car! :banghead:

Bummer, and sorry for the ending to what must have seemed like a perfect day.

A serious question here...I though I had read here long ago that SGTs did not go easily onto a flatbed tow truck because of their low clearance. Did the tow guy have any problems?

thought I would share some pics from yesterdays cruise in at Hooters. Had a great time, well almost.......see the last pic..... :cry:

sgt2873/Hooters Aug 2009

oops...linky no worky...let me fix.

try this one

http://photobucket.com/hootersaug2009

Sorry about that it could have been avoid if you had a monkey in the trunk mine is ASE cetified !!!!! :hysterical: My other one comes out to throw my wife to the curb. But did you check your ground if your ground strap or cable is just loose it will kill everything.

"A serious question here...I though I had read here long ago that SGTs did not go easily onto a flatbed tow truck because of their low clearance. Did the tow guy have any problems?"

No problems at all...when I called Roadside Service I told them whoever they called to make sure they knew it was a lowered Shelby and would need boards, etc. The tow drive was actually a woman, well, let's just say more like a biker babe, less the babe part :hysterical: I know she could of whipped my a$$, but she was really great with the car and very professional. She hooked up to the car and then asked me look over everything to make sure I was satisfied....

"Craig,

sorry you had troubles after the show. I saw a trophy. What did you win? How did GG feel about another woman sitting in your car? "

the Hooter employees selected the best car and that's what the trophy is for. GG wasn't at the show, how do you think I got away with that ....I ain't stupid! :doh:

"Damn Hooter Girls "

she must of messed up all the electrical! :hysterical:

"Nice pics, but sorry about the troubles! I hope you get it resolved quickly!"

Thanks, Ilmore...I am pretty sure it will be something simple......hopefully I'll find out sometime tomorrow.

"A serious question here...I though I had read here long ago that SGTs did not go easily onto a flatbed tow truck because of their low clearance. Did the tow guy have any problems?"

No problems at all...when I called Roadside Service I told them whoever they called to make sure they knew it was a lowered Shelby and would need boards, etc. The tow drive was actually a woman, well, let's just say more like a biker babe, less the babe part :hysterical: I know she could of whipped my a$$, but she was really great with the car and very professional. She hooked up to the car and then asked me look over everything to make sure I was satisfied....

"Craig,

sorry you had troubles after the show. I saw a trophy. What did you win? How did GG feel about another woman sitting in your car? "

the Hooter employees selected the best car and that's what the trophy is for. GG wasn't at the show, how do you think I got away with that ....I ain't stupid! :doh:

"Damn Hooter Girls "

she must of messed up all the electrical! :hysterical:

"Nice pics, but sorry about the troubles! I hope you get it resolved quickly!"

Thanks, Ilmore...I am pretty sure it will be something simple......hopefully I'll find out sometime tomorrow.

Sorry, I can beat your tow truck lady, I had a 6month pregnant tow truck driver show up to a job belly and all!! No lie the cazy sh$t that goes on inNYC.

yep....left the cruise in and drove 30 miles up the interstate...got off the interstate about 3 miles rolling up to a s/s and it just cut off. NOTHING....gauge lites flashing, radio flashing......disconnected neg. cable to batter to see if something would reset, as you turn the key and nothing, no clicking just dead silence. Guy stopped by to help and tried to jump it, still nothing....he had a meter and we checked the battery, showed 12 volts, which I would think would be enough to turn it over, but it wouldn't. Thinks it must be electrical, ie battery or alternator or maybe something simple. Prior to it shutting down, all gauges were good and car ran fine. Best way to describe it felt like it ran out of gas when it cut off. Funny thing was this happened in a very small town and I bet I had 15 folks offering to help, give me a ride, etc....oh well, it's still a car! :banghead:

What did you park next to? Perhaps a Chevy transferred the "gremlin" to you. :hysterical: Good luck on the diagnosing! :salute:

that's what it is...the ole Chevy Gremlin! Can't park just anywhere these days. :happy feet: Tech called today and he thinks it's electrical too. He changed out battery for a new one just to satisfy himself and nothing so he is thinking a melted wire somewhere or something loose.....He is chatting w/ QP to see if they can help him diagnose. Probably won't hear anything til tomorrow....like I said earlier, it's still just a car and will act like one too. At least I don't need it for as a DD..... :shift:

that's what it is...the ole Chevy Gremlin! Can't park just anywhere these days. :happy feet: Tech called today and he thinks it's electrical too. He changed out battery for a new one just to satisfy himself and nothing so he is thinking a melted wire somewhere or something loose.....He is chatting w/ QP to see if they can help him diagnose. Probably won't hear anything til tomorrow....like I said earlier, it's still just a car and will act like one too. At least I don't need it for as a DD..... :shift:

That's interesting... Could this be something fuel related? If it's turning over and not catching, you would think "it's not getting fuel." I wonder if your fuel pump took a premature dump, or something.

Was it DEAD dead, i.e. absolutely nothing when you turn the key?

That's interesting... Could this be something fuel related? If it's turning over and not catching, you would think "it's not getting fuel." I wonder if your fuel pump took a premature dump, or something.

Was it DEAD dead, i.e. absolutely nothing when you turn the key?

no it's not fuel related, won't even turn over....has to be something throwing a dead short....

no it's not fuel related, won't even turn over....has to be something throwing a dead short....

How strange. Well, I won't keep trying to diagnose if you have it at a shop - they'll figure it out. Of course, post up the resolution, I can't imagine that I'm the only one that's curious...

Very strange.

ok, time for an update.....tech called and PCM threw 4 pages of codes....not good. PCM is fried. Now the real question to determine is why? Bad ground somewhere or was the PCM just bad to begin with. I am really pleased with the way they are handling this. QP spent an hour and half on the phone yesterday w/ tech (thanks AJ and Glenn) helping to trouble shoot, dealer is researching today and discussing w/ Ford engineers in effort to pinpoint. Bottom line is we don't want to put new PCM in only to find out that the real problem was not corrected, i.e. a bad ground or something else. Tech said he may need to contact Shelby as well, so they are on top of it and everyone is helping. Patience is a virtue. :confused: Nothing better than a challenge! Craig

NOTE: I started a new topic in tech section. Mod, if you want you can close this one...thanks

Archived