TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Engine going into "safe" mode?

4632R

Was doing some cruisin on Woodward, air temp was pushing 90, had the a/c on, and got into some pretty congested traffic. After awhile the car would not accelerate from a traffic light, basically had to leave at idle. Acted similar to when these cars are new. I got to some open road to get airflow and the condition went away. I'm thinking it had something to do with s/c temp. or intercooler temp. The engine temp. remained in the normal range but not high normal. This car is all stock.

anybody ever experience this or have any thoughts?

Was doing some cruisin on Woodward, air temp was pushing 90, had the a/c on, and got into some pretty congested traffic. After awhile the car would not accelerate from a traffic light, basically had to leave at idle. Acted similar to when these cars are new. I got to some open road to get airflow and the condition went away. I'm thinking it had something to do with s/c temp. or intercooler temp. The engine temp. remained in the normal range but not high normal. This car is all stock.

anybody ever experience this or have any thoughts?

Mine did same thing when I sat idling in a parking lot for about 15 min. Once I got moving after a few miles of open road, it didn't do it again. I believe it is heat soak. I have upgraded to an AFCO heat exchanger. I have not had the problem again.

Archived