TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 GT/SC

Bud is the best. He been sending me pictures.

Dahym... I've been tring to get mine lined up for the upgrade at Tasca ever since it was announced, in July, still nothing. When I send an email asking if they found out anything I get a reply back in all CAPS, which tells me they are now yelling at me. :headscratch:

quote name='Doug_GT350' date='Sep 24 2009, 04:30 AM' post='810522']

Dahym... I've been tring to get mine lined up for the upgrade at Tasca ever since it was announced, in July, still nothing. When I send an email asking if they found out anything I get a reply back in all CAPS, which tells me they are now yelling at me. :headscratch:

Some insperation.

DSCF00171.JPG

DSCF00171.JPG

Roger was a cool guy and his car is killer. Also wanted to give a shout out to Kevin, meticulous who made me feel very comfortable about giving up the keys!

Yes, his car is killer! :drool:

When I dropped mine off, I give up the keys, the young man takes them and pulls to the side and they start an inspection. They take a few pictures. (I got them in my e-mail later!) As I'm standing around excited, I ask Roger and Bud if I get a receipt or something. They say, "What for?" "Well....I just gave you the keys to my $40,000 car, after all."

Bud says, "We don't want your car, just your money!" I LMAO and said, "OK, I'll buy that."

A good experience that turned great when 4 days later I picked it up! :happy feet:

sidesc02.jpg

RogerDanDoug01.jpg

The day arrived to get Sasha from SAI. What can I say? I'm blown away by the car and the quality of work done. Roger is a class act as well as everyone at SAI. I've never felt better about a purchase. :D

It's hard to put into words the exhilaration of getting on the freeway and looking down to see that you are going 110mph with little to no effort, it really was an accident though. :shift:

At any rate, I'll be throwing pictures up of before and after shots and maybe some action shots. In the mean time I'm going back out to play! :drool:

That looks great!! I still might have to save up my pennies to get this done! Seeing these completed GT/SC cars and pictures just keeps making me sick with the "SAI Mod Flu". Seriously!

I wonder - since they released the GT/SC Upgrade Package now. . . . is it possible to simply have them install the supercharger and call it a GT/SC with the fender stripe and engine bay plaque? Or do you have to get the entire package with wheels/brakes upgrade and everything else?

Basically - what is the minimum $$$$ you would have to spend to get your Shelby GT turned into a Shelby GT/SC thru SAI?

That looks great!! I still might have to save up my pennies to get this done! Seeing these completed GT/SC cars and pictures just keeps making me sick with the "SAI Mod Flu". Seriously!

I wonder - since they released the GT/SC Upgrade Package now. . . . is it possible to simply have them install the supercharger and call it a GT/SC with the fender stripe and engine bay plaque? Or do you have to get the entire package with wheels/brakes upgrade and everything else?

Basically - what is the minimum $$$$ you would have to spend to get your Shelby GT turned into a Shelby GT/SC thru SAI?

Yes, you can get "just" the SC and have a Shelby GT/SC. That's what I did. SC, underhood plaque, side stripe and COA...

Price will depend on which install you do. PM Bud, he'll fix you up in no time.

Dan

Astrodan / SGT-C0056 - Gentlement............... The " BOX " is a result of the CARB / Emission problem concerning Superchargers on the 2008+ models. The CAI itself can be purchased from Whipple, or Ford Racing, or somewhere DIRECT for $300 I think (don't quote me on that). One of our Team Members installed the CAI after the supercharger was installed and got his car home - didn't even need a re-tune!! He was in direct contact with someone at Whipple and sent them a Dyno pull showing where he was at - Whipple contacted him back and said everything was right on with the tune!!

From what I have read/understand - the " BOX " that they install in the 2008 models has the same airflow properties as the open element intake. The KB supercharger also has a " BOX " type filter - however - it is piped through the core support and placed behind the front cover where the turn signal is so that it can draw 'true cold air' - not air from under the hood.

I personally prefer the open element type look over the " BOX " look - but if they perform the same way - the " BOX " type looks more " Factory " (Like it came that way from SAI)

Just my thoughts and $0.02

Trevor

Edit: Do your research - you may be able to have your cake and eat it too!

I actually like yours Astrodan..I dont want a BOX. I want the SC, but with the look of the cold air intake I have now..Thinking of the KB SC

I do like the look of his too. But, I'm on the wall about if I'd want to spend 300 more on aesthetics. We'll see as time goes by, I have to recover from this hit of my pocketbook for now!.

I do like the look of his too. But, I'm on the wall about if I'd want to spend 300 more on aesthetics. We'll see as time goes by, I have to recover from this hit of my pocketbook for now!.

Not sure if it's just aesthetics (sp?). It seems like the "box" would pull cooler air since it's not really drawing from under hood.

You're right though, $300 would buy other suspension mods or go towards better internals, clutch etc. :spend:

I probably have enough power...naw :shift:

Archived