TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 GT/SC

So I just bought my 2008 last month and already I'm itching to get the SC installed. I want to take advantage of the 10% discount so I want to do it soon. I live in Las Vegas so I can part with my baby for the 2 weeks without a problem. What's everyone's take on the SC package offered by Shelby?

So I just bought my 2008 last month and already I'm itching to get the SC installed. I want to take advantage of the 10% discount so I want to do it soon. I live in Las Vegas so I can part with my baby for the 2 weeks without a problem. What's everyone's take on the SC package offered by Shelby?

To me, the biggest plus is that if Shelby does the install, it becomes an official, registered GT/SC. This adds more value to the car.

Having worked there for a few years I will tell you that SAI the best in the business they have installed hundreds if not a thousand blowers by now I would go with the Whipple I am biased and own one myself. the kit is complete and takes some experience to install. and after the install I do suggest a dyno run to make sure the power is what you wanted.

There is also the point about being able to take it back to SAI should there be any little tweak that needs to be done. Being in the same town is quite an advantage. Add to that the fact that Bud and his guys are great to work with and you have a winning combination.

Most of your homework will be centered on which supercharger to get. It will take you some time to digest it all but you should spend that time. The KB vs. Whipple debate is never ending and has no clear winner. In the end, it will be up to you in terms of what you want (and, yes, looks count at least a little bit in most people's mind). Congratulations on your car. Good luck with your decision.

Jim

Thanks for the replies! I really just want to make a sound decision. From everything I've read I can't see a drawback to doing it. I think I'm leaning towards the KB right now, everything looks good with it. Think if I change my mind they'll change it out for me? :headscratch: :D

I know just a dream, but hey one dream came true when I rolled home in my beautiful SGT. :peelout::salute:

You'll pay more for the install at SAI than just about anywhere else. If the registry tag is important to you, then get it done there.

If not, do it yourself. Either way, get the blower installed and never look back. Good luck

Ken

Thanks for the replies! I really just want to make a sound decision. From everything I've read I can't see a drawback to doing it. I think I'm leaning towards the KB right now, everything looks good with it. Think if I change my mind they'll change it out for me? :headscratch: :D

I know just a dream, but hey one dream came true when I rolled home in my beautiful SGT. :peelout::salute:

the only drawback would be to not do it! You will absolutly love it regardless of which set up you go with. Craig :happy feet:

I can reccommend the SAI install 110% awesome attention to the car and very very great A+ staff from the bottom up...do it. You really will not ever regret it...good luck with your decision...I voted whipple 550, perfect and nasty, just get some wider tires you will need them...trust me on that... :shift:

If you are interested, please concact me or one of the sales staff at:

Roger Sorel rogers@shelbyautos.com

Doug Sinclair dougs@shelbyautos.com

Steve Mansell steves@shelbyautos.com

Thanks,

Roger

Roger do you have the email addresses for the contacts at Tasca? You gave me Billy Sambato's name and phone number but I don't want to call long distance from work.

Thanx

Doug

1. Do it.

2. Be sure to do it.

3. Definately do it.

It's really a no brainer unless you don't like going faster then poop through a Goose.

Ok, well I went in for the tour and spoke with Steve from sales. I got all the info I needed. And..... I'm going for it! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

I've decided to go with the whipple and the cooling system upgrade. I think those are the biggest upgrades I could get for the most gain in HP and $$.

Thanks for all the comments, it made me feel better knowing that I wasn't crazy for spending so much. :salute:

Thanks for all the comments, it made me feel better knowing that I wasn't crazy for spending so much. :salute:

Wait, no, you're certainly crazy for spending so much. Everyone here is just a little bananas too.

Congrats on the blower.

Ok, well I went in for the tour and spoke with Steve from sales. I got all the info I needed. And..... I'm going for it! I've decided to go with the whipple and the cooling system upgrade. I think those are the biggest upgrades I could get for the most gain in HP and $$. Thanks for all the comments, it made me feel better knowing that I wasn't crazy for spending so much.

When is your car going in for the change over?

Jim

When is your car going in for the change over?

Jim

Not sure yet, I have to call and talk to Steve to set the date. I've just been emailing him back and forth. Working nights makes it difficult to communicate with the people. I'm hoping to get it in on the 31st. I have it going in next week to get the stripes/scoop fixed. I'm excited to get this all finished up. :happy feet:

Not sure yet, I have to call and talk to Steve to set the date. I've just been emailing him back and forth. Working nights makes it difficult to communicate with the people. I'm hoping to get it in on the 31st. I have it going in next week to get the stripes/scoop fixed. I'm excited to get this all finished up. :happy feet:

congrats on your decision! You will love it! Craig

Make sure you take your engine compartment "before" photos. You might also want to pick up a couple of bottles of Redline Water Wetter and have SAI put one in your radiator and one in your intercooler. Think about running distilled water with the Water Wetter rather than coolant for the superior cooling of water over coolant. Don't know (but sure you do) how much anti-freeze you need in Las Vegas. If you don't need anti-freeze, no sense using it if you are going for maximum cooling.

You might also ask Bud if it is possible to get photos of your build. Mine was one of the early KBs done and that may have been why the photos were taken -- don't know for sure. At the 2009 Birthday Bash, I was fortunate enough to meet one of the two Mod Shop guys who did the work on my car. Pretty funny actually because he was my tech inspector for the race track.

The 31st is just around the corner. Keep us up to date.

Jim

Make sure you take your engine compartment "before" photos. You might also want to pick up a couple of bottles of Redline Water Wetter and have SAI put one in your radiator and one in your intercooler. Think about running distilled water with the Water Wetter rather than coolant for the superior cooling of water over coolant. Don't know (but sure you do) how much anti-freeze you need in Las Vegas. If you don't need anti-freeze, no sense using it if you are going for maximum cooling.

You might also ask Bud if it is possible to get photos of your build. Mine was one of the early KBs done and that may have been why the photos were taken -- don't know for sure. At the 2009 Birthday Bash, I was fortunate enough to meet one of the two Mod Shop guys who did the work on my car. Pretty funny actually because he was my tech inspector for the race track.

The 31st is just around the corner. Keep us up to date.

Jim

Thanks for the advice, I looked into that Redline stuff that you mentioned. Looks very promising, I think I will be going to pick up a couple bottles, maybe more for my other cars too. It does get hot around here.

I am going to take pictures when I get it to SAI. I hope to be able to go visit her while she's getting upgraded, maybe I can sweet talk someone over there into letting me see some of the process. :woohoo:

They day is close approaching though! :shift:

I had mine done at SAI and it is TOTALLY AWESOME! Got it done just in time to drive it in Mustangs Across America and got to drive the new s/c cross country. What a joy. I got the KB, and I love it. Bud is the best in the world. You will not regret the decision at all, except maybe at the bank when you see your balance after!!! LOL!!!!

Well as of Monday my girl is at SAI getting her SC. Unfortunately the cooling upgrade wasn't ready so I'll have to take her back later. I'm still excited about the mod at any rate! Roger was a cool guy and his car is killer. Also wanted to give a shout out to Kevin, meticulous who made me feel very comfortable about giving up the keys!

When it's done, I'm hoping for this week, I'll post some before and after pics. :happy feet: :happy feet:

Well as of Monday my girl is at SAI getting her SC. Unfortunately the cooling upgrade wasn't ready so I'll have to take her back later. I'm still excited about the mod at any rate! Roger was a cool guy and his car is killer. Also wanted to give a shout out to Kevin, meticulous who made me feel very comfortable about giving up the keys!

When it's done, I'm hoping for this week, I'll post some before and after pics. :happy feet: :happy feet:

Looks like the package will be in sometime next week. First shipment. Just give us a call and drop her off we will fix you right up!

Roger

So yesterday was very sad day for me. I had not had a chance to go in and try to get a peek at the SC installation all week, but I decided to go in and see what I could find out. Well, come to find out they haven't touched her. :banghead: So, they can't even touch the car if there isn't a valid registration with the car. I had taken mine out for some reason before I brought it in. :banghead::banghead:

They'll be starting the install first thing Tuesday. So the moral of the story is: Make sure you have the registration before you leave SAI! :cry:

I can wait a week, I guess.

Archived