TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07' SHELBY GT500 FORD OF CANADA VIDEO

07 Shelby Cobra

This is a Ford Of Canada LINK prepared for the 2006 Canadian Autoshows.

Pay particular attention to the VIDEO located at the Bottom Right of the page.

Interesting to note that one of the Video Moderators states that the GT500 has

"Brembo Brakes on All Four Corners". What's next. Whipple??!

One other thing mentioned, is that "Only SVT Certified Dealers will be Selling the

07' Shelby in Canada".

http://ford.ca/english/learnabout/autoshow...hicle=fordGT500

:rockon: ENJOY!

Two things of Slight Concern Listed under Specs from the Link;

1. Shelby Height is Listed at 55.7 inches. The Mustang GT is 54.5 inches, according to the Ford.ca Website.

Does this mean that the 4X4 look is indeed true? Shelby 1.2 inches higher?? :nonono:

2. Torque is Listed as being 450lb.-ft. Previous ratings were claimed to be 475 lb.-ft. torque

I wonder if Ford Canada will do the same for the Shelby as they did for the Bullitt. About three weeks after getting my Bullitt I received a package from Ford. I opened it up and there was all kinds of swag that our US brothers did not get. Wonder if we'll get special treatment with this car.....

The car at the show did infact have Brembo calipers on all four corners.

I guess we can go off roading but I'm sure that will change.

450...475 who really cares? How long will it actually stay that way? Could it be an insurance thing?

Do you think we might actually get all Brembos???

I was pretty dissapointed a while back to see Brembos just on the front.

KingCobra.

I wonder if Ford Canada will do the same for the Shelby as they did for the Bullitt. About three weeks after getting my Bullitt I received a package from Ford. I opened it up and there was all kinds of swag that our US brothers did not get. Wonder if we'll get special treatment with this car.....

What kind of stuff are you thinking about Kaylan???

KingCobra.

Thanks alot for posting that link with the video Dave!!!!!

I LOVE VIDEO!!!!!!!

KingCobra.

KingCobra.

KingCobra.

I LOVE VIDEO!!!!!!!

KingCobra.

The Shelby at the NAIAS, white, only had Brembos on the Front. Cast iron stock in the rear. Good to hear that the CIAS Big Red had them all around. The Video seems to give credability that the car will indeed have them front and rear.

Y'know, maybe it's a 'Canadian Only' model since Bombardier owns Brembo!! :D

1. Shelby Height is Listed at 55.7 inches. The Mustang GT is 54.5 inches, according to the Ford.ca Website.

Does this mean that the 4X4 look is indeed true? Shelby 1.2 inches higher?? :nonono:

2. Torque is Listed as being 450lb.-ft. Previous ratings were claimed to be 475 lb.-ft. torque

:blink:

Oh well, Eibach Pro-Kit here I come..............factory lowered is preferred though

KingCobra.

KingCobra.

I LOVE VIDEO!!!!!!!

KingCobra.

Ford Canada sent me a package with a copy of the movie Bullitt, a numbered film cell, a letter congratulating me on the purchase with a bunch of details on the car, a poster with McQueen and Jaquline Bissett (hubba hubba) and an assortment of other cool collectibles. It was cool because this was only given to Canadian buyers from Ford Canada. What I thought is maybe Ford Canada will step up again and give us exclusive buyers a little momento as well. Off the top of my head I can't think of anything right now but something Shelby related though.

Ford Canada sent me a package with a copy of the movie Bullitt, a numbered film cell, a letter congratulating me on the purchase with a bunch of details on the car, a poster with McQueen and Jaquline Bissett (hubba hubba) and an assortment of other cool collectibles. It was cool because this was only given to Canadian buyers from Ford Canada. What I thought is maybe Ford Canada will step up again and give us exclusive buyers a little momento as well. Off the top of my head I can't think of anything right now but something Shelby related though.

Lucky Canadians! Cheap RX drugs and extra goodies from Ford? :nonono: You've got it made!

Shelby has 18 inch wheels aka 17 inch for the Mustang GT, so with same gap GT500 is 1 inch higher.

Shelby has 18 inch wheels aka 17 inch for the Mustang GT, so with same gap GT500 is 1 inch higher.

Not meaning to split hairs but the difference in height from a 17" wheel and an 18" wheel would only be 1/2". A 18" wheel measured from center to out is 9", and a 17" wheel would be 8.5" hence 1/2" difference.

Now if the tires have a taller profile on the 18s vs the 17s then you would need to add that also. :D

Not meaning to split hairs but the difference in height from a 17" wheel and an 18" wheel would only be 1/2". A 18" wheel measured from center to out is 9", and a 17" wheel would be 8.5" hence 1/2" difference.

Now if the tires have a taller profile on the 18s vs the 17s then you would need to add that also. :D

That doesn't matter. The overall height of the car still is an inch higher. The gap difference in the wheelwell is an 1/2 inch bigger.

Larger rim diameters do not necessarily raise the vehicle height. The tire diameter determines the height, not the rim diameter. 245/45ZR-17s on my Cobra are not taller than my wife's 16" V-6 Mustang rims. The aspect ratio - the 45 in the above example - is the key. I'd bet the GT500 front and rear tires have the same rolling diameter. With the lower aspect ratio on the rears you get wider tires with the same rolling diameter.

....And, the Shelby was supposed to be lowered 1 1/2"...

Shelby and Mustang GT are both 54,5 inches high. The Shelby has bigger diameter tires so the wheelwell gap is less and therefore show a lowered look. But it is not lowered considering the figures in the ordering guide are right..

I...that's the ticket Laddie!!!

I expect the gap at the whell wells to be tighter, but the ground clearance to be the same.

Although, the concept did appear to be about an inch lower, if you look at the side mirrors

from the front.

:headscratch::headscratch::headscratch:

KingCobra.

post-1791-1141697435_thumb.jpg

post-1791-1141697435_thumb.jpg

I...that's the ticket Laddie!!!

I expect the gap at the whell wells to be tighter, but the ground clearance to be the same.

Although, the concept did appear to be about an inch lower, if you look at the side mirrors

from the front.

:headscratch::headscratch::headscratch:

KingCobra.

In that photo it is lower. I like it a lot better. l

The rolling diameter of the 18" tires on the GT500 is slightly smaller than the standard 2006 Mustang GT 17" tire. Check tirerack.com and use their 'Tire Tech' menu item to calculate the rolling diameters for various sizes. Here's how they work out. 2004 Cobra 245/45-17 is 25.68" in diameter, 205/65-15 2001 V-6 Mustang (wife's car) is 25.49", 255/45-18 (GT500 front) is 27.03", 285/40-18 (GT500 rear) is 26.97", 235/55-17 (2006 GT) is 27.18". The ride height difference shown in the frontal picture of the GT500 and the Mustang GT is due to the suspension, not tire size.

The rolling diameter of the 18" tires on the GT500 is slightly smaller than the standard 2006 Mustang GT 17" tire. Check tirerack.com and use their 'Tire Tech' menu item to calculate the rolling diameters for various sizes. Here's how they work out. 2004 Cobra 245/45-17 is 25.68" in diameter, 205/65-15 2001 V-6 Mustang (wife's car) is 25.49", 255/45-18 (GT500 front) is 27.03", 285/40-18 (GT500 rear) is 26.97", 235/55-17 (2006 GT) is 27.18". The ride height difference shown in the frontal picture of the GT500 and the Mustang GT is due to the suspension, not tire size.

Good explanation. 3 :burnout:

2 MORE DAYS, and then you can order up!!!!!

But, then it's back to waiting again........................................

..........................................................................................

..........................................................................................

But, at least we'll be waiting for something concrete, something real, something beautiful.

I love you Eleanor.

(sorry about that) (I get overwhelmed)

KingCobra.

Archived